cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Station limit

AngieA10
Local Performer

How many stations can you create on a free subscription?

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @AngieA10 There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

Thanks for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

12 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @AngieA10 There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Due to the millions of registered Pandora accounts in our database, these station limits help our systems manage the high amount of user data.

Thanks for posting to community! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

clwhopt
Local Performer

Why is there a limit to the number of artists/selections you can add to your account? What is the subscription level that allows me to have an unlimited number of artists on my list?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @clwhopt! Thanks for posting to community. 

There is a 250 station limit on all accounts, free or paid. Pandora Premium listeners are also limited to 250 stations, but can create as many playlists as they like.

Please note some that older consumer electronic devices and car stereos are not optimized for the new station limit and will still be subject to the previous limit.

If you've reached the 250 limit, you'll need to delete some stations you don't listen to anymore in order to create more. (Let me know if you have any trouble with that.)

Also remember that each of your Pandora stations can play a variety of different artists. If you have many stations based on similar artists or songs, you may consider deleting redundant ones or using the Add Variety feature to make a single station from many similar artists or songs.

Hope this helped to explain. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

simonicus
Underground

The station limit is 250 because it's too hard for you to manage more?  That's funny.  What if every company had that mentality?  Maybe Amazon should drop off their packages at the end of your street at not at  your door.  With so many packages for them to deliver it's just easier for them to manage that way.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @simonicus. 👋

Nice to see you around the Pandora Community.

I'm sure others are interested in having the option for more stations implemented. Sounds like you'd be interested in this existing feature request: Increase 250 Station Limit

• To upvote an idea, click on the 💙 icon next to the title of the feature request.
  • If you'd like to learn more about how feature requests work on the Pandora Community, feel free to check out this helpful infographic: "How do requests become features?"

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and for posting! 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

joemd1960
Up & Coming Artist

I guess I am the complete opposite. I usually search and play, and only keep a limited number of stations or playlists. IMHO, I would seem like a pita to keep track of 250 stations. 

0 Kudos

pdm
Underground

Is the 250 limit just stations, or is it against the entire "collection" including, albums, playlists, podcasts, etc.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pdm That limit only applies to your collected stations - it doesn't apply to any playlists/albums/podcasts you collect.

Hope this helps clarify. 

pdm
Underground

Is there an easy way to get a count of the stations I have, other than manually counting?  I haven't spotted anything in profile and such on either computer or phone device.  Thanks!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pdm Unfortunately, there is not a feature that allows you to see how many total stations you have in your collection.

If you'd like to see that option added to the service, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here.

In the meantime, I checked on my end and see you currently have 241 stations in your collection.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

RustySidecar
Local Performer

I would be more than happy with just 20 stations....but it won't let me add more and I only have 3.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RustySidecar I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos