cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa Error: "Sorry, I'm having trouble playing music."

jlnyboer
Local Performer

Alexa Echo Dot keeps saying 'sorry I'm having trouble playing music' when I try to play Pandora. I've tried everything, including logging off of both Pandora and Alexa, as suggested in a related thread he

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 10/27/20: After reaching out to Amazon for further help investigating this specific error message, we've been advised that the Alexa Support Team is assisting to resolve this issue in the Amazon Forums.

I am closing this thread to comments as the issue needs to be resolved by Alexa Support.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @jlnyboer sorry to hear that. 

I've asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account so we can better understand whats happening. 

Sounds like you've tried some troubleshooting steps already but would you mind a second go of it with the trace enabled. It may yield some additionally information. 

First, I recommend rebooting your modem and router.

After, you've rebooted, please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Alexa and Pandora apps. Update both as necessary.
  2. Restart your Alexa device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  3. Try unlinking and relinking your Pandora account via the Alexa app.

Let me know how it goes! 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

FernBadie
Local Performer

Hello I'm having the same issue on my Echo Dot 3rd Generation. I went through throubleshooting with Amazon support but it still does not play Pandora. I love my Pandora I use it every day. Please help!

0 Kudos

jlnyboer
Local Performer

FernBadie, I hear your pain! I was dealing with this issue (with absolutely NO resolve) for weeks. Hours wasted and nothing helped. Nothing. After talking to one of my friends about it, they said that it had happened to them as well, and that is "resolved on its own" after a month. I thought, well "that's **ahem**." Sure enough... it DID just resolve on its own. And, it's back to playing again (thank God because I seriously almost cancelled Pandora - enter angry face emoji). While I'm so glad the debacle is over, I'm sooooooo very annoyed (still) that there was no tech support to be had for this. It's really frustrating. To say the least, I'm seeking an alternative to Pandora, and thinking of ditching my Alexa. Nowadays, reliability and service go pretty far in my book... and this was a BS situation with no answers. Good luck!!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @FernBadie thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. 

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to play Pandora on your Dot? If so, can you let me know what it says. 

I've asked our User Support team to enable a trace to help us better understand what is happening. While this trace is enabled, can you try and use Pandora on your Dot again. Let me know how it goes. 

Before I offer any troubleshooting, can you let me know what Amazon support suggested, I don't want to offer any repeated steps at this time if its not necessary. 

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jlnyboer Sorry for the trouble you experienced, but I'm glad to hear that you're back to listening. If you come across issues again, don't hesitate to let us know so someone may assist here in the Community. ❤️

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mcloven07
Local Performer

i have the same problem. reset show, disable skill and put back in still doesnt work

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mcloven07 sorry for any trouble on your Echo. 😔

Are you receiving the same error message 'sorry I'm having trouble playing music'?

I’ve asked our User Support team to enable a trace on your account as well. This is helpful in determining what may be happening. 

Would you mind running through my steps one more time while the trace is enabled?

Can you also give me the exact steps you're taking when playing music? Are you using Alexa voice to request content or through selecting stations through Alexa app directly?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

fontp002
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. I get the message “having trouble playing music with pandora” when I asked Alexa. All my devices are in the same network and I ve restarted the echo device.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @fontp002 , thanks for posting to community! Sorry to hear this is happening.  

I'm going to remove the device association with your Dot, can you run through the set up again for me?

I've also asked our User Support team to enable a trace so we can gather some additional information. When you connect Pandora again, can you please try playing music to replicate the same message and let me know approximately what time and day this happened. 

Also, could you please include the model number of your Dot?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

smc0042
Local Performer

I'm having the same type of issue for some time now, very frustrating.  Sometimes it comes right back and says that, but usually after the music has been playing for 10-30 seconds, then Alex pops in and says I am having trouble playing, it finishes the song and then no more music.  Alexa and Phone are on the same wifi, no wifi or network issues but Pandora consistently has a problem with Alexa.

0 Kudos

smc0042
Local Performer

FYI, I tried disabling and enabled the Pandora skills app, reboot my Tap, restarted Alexa app on the phone. My TAP software is version 653618620

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone!

Thank you posting your experience, sorry for any trouble playing Pandora on your Alexa. 

We've reached out to Amazon for further help investigating this error message.

We recommend that you reach out to Amazon Support directly for further help troubleshooting.

You can get in touch with the Amazon support team here.

Thanks again for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ckonrady
Local Performer

I am having the same issue on almost all of my devices. I tried my account and my wife's account and same problem. It used to work great, but not its making me want to try something other than pandora since we already have 6 Alexa devices. I already sent an email to support, I hope I get a response soon.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ckonrady! Thanks for posting and sorry to hear this. 

If you haven't already, I would also recommend reaching out to Amazon Support as well. We are currently working with them but they may  be able to provide additional steps for your Echo. 

You can get in touch with the Amazon support team here.

In the meantime, our support team will reach out to you as soon as they can.

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lmutley
Local Performer

I've been having this same issue, tried all the trouble shooting tips and the problem persists.  I'm so frustrated!!!!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @lmutley! Thanks for posting and sorry for any trouble. 

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are your receiving an error message? If so, can you tell me exactly what is says. Does Alexa not link with Pandora? Are you running into voice command trouble with Alexa?

Also, which Alexa models are you having trouble with?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MBBarnett
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. My Alexa Show stopped playing Pandora a couple days ago and it's very frustrating. She responds with "Sorry I'm having trouble playing the music."

1. Deactivated the Echo Show and reactivated it
2. Removed the skill and added it back

I've also posted into the Alexa forum just now.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @MBBarnett! Thanks for posting to community. 

Can you let me know which generation Amazon Alexa you have?

Does play back stop after a few songs, or does it play for a period of time before stopping?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

MBBarnett
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora I have an Echo Show 5. Alexa does not play any music at all. She announces the play list and then tells me she can't play the music.

0 Kudos