cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa - Unable to link Pandora at this time

extreme_rnd
Underground

This has happened in the past, which was closed back in March 2020. Yesterday the same thing happened on all my Alexa devices. I tried to disable/enable this skill on my phone using the Alexa app, but I get the same error, "We were unable to link Pandora at this time". What happened? This works on my cell phone and PC, so the account is good. Is Pandora no longer supported on Alexa? 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

extreme_rnd
Underground

Tanner,

So I believe my assumption is correct. Using my LINUX PC, I went to http://alexa.amazon.com, logged on with Chrome and was able to link my account. I'm able to play Pandora stations on my devices now...Yay!

View solution in original post

22 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @extreme_rnd! Thanks for posting your experience. Sorry to hear this is happening.

Were you able to relink your Pandora account with Amazon? I checked your account and I do see some new device associations as of today. 

If this is still happening, can you please do me a favor and please take a screenshot of the message. 

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us diagnose the issue and created a ticket so our engineers can take a closer. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Delta6
Underground

I am experiencing the same problem as well. I restarted the app, signed out then signed in on both, and also reinstalled the apps but I still can't get it to link to Alexa. I changed phones too but I get thesame "unable" message. Can you please help?

0 Kudos

Delta6
Underground

20201217_160642.jpg

 here's a screenshot just in case you need it.

0 Kudos

extreme_rnd
Underground

That's exactly what I get. Still no solution available. Does Pandora require a PAID subscription now for linking to Amazon devices?

Delta6
Underground

I don't think so coz my other acct is linked and working properly. Not unless if this only happens for newly opened accounts. Imma try Spotify instead. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Delta6 and @extreme_rnd!

A paid subscription is not required to link Alexa, this does sounds like a possible bug. 

I did take a look at your accounts and I do see a connection was made on my end, but based on your description, it appears that it doesn't show on your device. 

Can you please let me know the model of your Alexa device(s)?

Thanks!

++

@Delta6 I see that you've emailed our support team. If it's alright with you, I can continue to help here. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

extreme_rnd
Underground

Hi Tanner,

Don't know if this is an issue with the Alexa App on my GS5 phone (Android 6.0.1 current) or the devices. I'm leaning toward the former. Anyway I have the following devices:

Alex 5.8" 2nd generation

Echo Dot 2nd generation

Echo Dot 3rd generation

Echo Show 1st generation

Note that when you get the error, it's from the default browser app, which in my case is the Samsung Browser.

0 Kudos

extreme_rnd
Underground

Tanner,

So I believe my assumption is correct. Using my LINUX PC, I went to http://alexa.amazon.com, logged on with Chrome and was able to link my account. I'm able to play Pandora stations on my devices now...Yay!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@extreme_rnd Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for listening! 😎

0 Kudos

Delta6
Underground

I don't always check this but I'll try. If you need to get a hold of me, pls dont hesitate to email me. Anyway, I am using an echo show 5.

0 Kudos

Delta6
Underground

So I just tried the app and it was still unable to link it to Alexa. I tried the solution above and it seems to work by doing it through the computer. This is definitely an app problem. I guess we can close this now since there's a temp solution already as of now.

Delta6
Underground

Thanks to you! I did something similar to this but went to a different website lol it says mine was linked but it wasn't playing through my Alexa so I just stopped bothering. Lol Good thing you found a solution.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the update @extreme_rnd and @Delta6!  Glad to hear this working for you both now using the web.

I've passed along your solution to the engineers and updated my report. 

Happy Holidays! 🎁

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ladyfsgf
Local Performer

2-3 times I tried thru on Firefox-didn't work.  Just tried using Chrome and it worked.

0 Kudos

jenhornacky
Local Performer

I am having this same issue with my newly purchased Echo Dot.  I tried through the iPhone app, and through the website both on Safari and Chrome.  When I finally could get through on Chrome, it said that using the Pandora app was no longer supported through browser and to use the app.  I just want to link my Pandora to my Echo!!!  It's the music service I use and like the best.  How can I get this to work???

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jenhornacky! Thanks for posting. Sorry for any trouble. 

I checked your Pandora account and I do see an Amazon device association. Are you still having trouble connecting? Do you receive an error message? If so, can you include a screenshot of the error in your next reply. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jenhornacky
Local Performer
Lol, of course when I try again now, it says it’s linked. I tried about 20 times between last night and today and no luck. Maybe when you looked at the account it did something to make it work? Who knows, but just glad it worked!
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@jenhornacky  😅

Haha Well I'm glad to hear that it's linked now. Not sure what was happening last night but it seemed to be only temporary. 

Have a great Friday!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Pauline
Local Performer

@Tanner, I am also getting the "unable to link at this time" message.  I tried the disable step and unplugging the dot, but no success...

Bill

0 Kudos