cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alexa having trouble playing Pandora

FLM
Local Performer

Recently moved.  After connecting Alexa to new internet, I keep getting that my pandora can't be palyed. Sometimes it plays 5 songs on my list. Other times it plays up to 50 songs on my list, but it always gets to Alexa saying " having problem playing pandora lisit". If I ask it to resume, it starts from the first song again. It's not the internet connection since I had the service provider. I looked on Alexa app where my l=pandora list was created and it all looks correct. I am doumbfounded to what the cause is. Any suggestions? 

Thanks, 

FLM 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Azurex
Local Performer

I found an interesting solution.

For 2 months now...standing next to my Echo, Pandora would play fine through the Alexa app on my phone...but the Echo would always play dead air and finally time out. Rejoining the app and resetting Alexa made no difference. Spotify and Amazon music always worked fine. 

I read last night that Linksys wifi routers have a bug that prevents the parental controls from working unless IPV6 is turned off. My parental controls had never worked...so I went into Connectivity/Internet settings and turned off IPV6. It fixed the parental controls but at breakfast I was surprised that Pandora played instantly and glitchfree. Surprising and satisfying.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @FLM Sorry for any trouble with your Alexa device. 

I've reached out to our Support team, and someone will be in touch with you soon at the email associated with your Pandora account. 

Thanks for your patience and participation in the Pandora Community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Unfdad
Underground
I cannot get Pandora to work on my Amazon Tap. Alexa just comes back and says it doesn't know what went wrong. Tried reboot and reload of Alexa to no avail. Google music, Tunein, etc working fine. Please help.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Unfdad Issues with Alexa are usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, so we recommend starting by rebooting your modem and router.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try the following steps:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Amazon Alexa app or Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Amazon device.
  3. Restart your Amazon device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  4. Restart the Pandora app and Alexa app on your mobile device.

Hope this is helpful.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

jdich1014
Local Performer

Tried the solution. Still does not work.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear it's still not working @jdich1014

Just to confirm, you're still getting the error message: Pandora can't be played - or is it something new?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Unfdad
Underground

This past weekend my son came over and changed my wi-fi.  Had to reconfigure my Amazon Tap to new network and now Pandora seems to be working.  Thanks for all your suggestions!

smc0042
Local Performer

I have the same type of issue, my Alexa TAP says, "Sorry, I am having trouble playing"  I don't have any problems from my phone on the same wifi or my computer, I don't have any issues with Spotify on my Alexa TAP, just Pandora. Seems Pandora's skills app has problems linking the account and streaming.

0 Kudos

Bmann
Local Performer

Assuming you're on the free version of Pandora, make sure you're not blocking ads somewhere on your router.  In my case I use eero and had ad blocking enabled, which caused the error on my Alexa device.

Azurex
Local Performer

I found an interesting solution.

For 2 months now...standing next to my Echo, Pandora would play fine through the Alexa app on my phone...but the Echo would always play dead air and finally time out. Rejoining the app and resetting Alexa made no difference. Spotify and Amazon music always worked fine. 

I read last night that Linksys wifi routers have a bug that prevents the parental controls from working unless IPV6 is turned off. My parental controls had never worked...so I went into Connectivity/Internet settings and turned off IPV6. It fixed the parental controls but at breakfast I was surprised that Pandora played instantly and glitchfree. Surprising and satisfying.

Dougster
Local Performer

Hi. Disabling the IPV6 on my Linksys router totally fixed my issue. Now I can play Pandora on my Show 5 and Show 8.

Thanks 

McAfeewest
Local Performer

Thank you! This works!  I have been vexed with this problem for years on all of my Echo devices with the Pandora service . None of the so called "support experts" for Amazon, Pandora, or Alexa apps could understand or solve this problem. It takes trouble shooters like you to do the work for the rest of us users.

0 Kudos