cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Fire TV: App Freezes

Bud123
Local Performer

Have an Amazon Basic Fire TV.  Recently when opening the Pandora App, it will just freeze at the blue screen showing "Pandora", or just show a white screen with nothing on it.  Sometimes the app starts, but a message appears "We've encountered a problem ...".  The only way I can clear it is to delete the cache and data using the TV App settings.  This forces me to reenter my username / password which is very annoying.  Yesterday, even after doing all that, I still got the error message about encountering a problem.  All other apps on the TV seem to be OK.  No other changes have been made to the TV during this time.

Any help anyone can offer would be very appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

Bud123
Local Performer

I should also add that I use the Pandora App on a Sony Bravia Smart TV with no problems.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Bud123 Sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Amazon Fire TV.

Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

Wvuchic13707
Local Performer

I can’t even get it to leave the app. I’ve tried resetting and reinstalling the FireStick in the TV, resetting the remote, turning the TV on and off/unplugging tv, and nothing! Every time it gets pandora and won’t even let me get to the Home Screen. I can’t pause or unpause or event go to setting etc. sometimes it will play the music and sometimes it won’t, it’s just frozen. Only pandora causes this issue but this time I can’t correct it!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Wvuchic13707! Welcome to community. 👋

Does the app freeze or does the screen go blank but continue to play? When you unplugged your device, how long did you unplug it for? We've been told by some users in the past that unplugging their device for a minimum of 30 seconds before plugging back in has helped.

Let me know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DW9
Local Performer

Mine in is doing the same thing.. freezing on the Pandora splash screen..  tried all the steps above AND reset fireTV to factory.    It's still doing the same freeze thing. 

I unplugged for 30...  no change BUT..  I tried another internet connection.  I used my phone to hotspot.

It came up with the login to pandora screen finally.   Also during the troubleshooting I logged out of all my devices through my pandora settings via a desktop web browser.  That might have helped too.   

I'll connect back to my home internet and see if that was the culprit.   If Pandora is sourcing traffic from a known bad country then it would be blocked.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos