cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Firestick/TV: Playback stops

SaraG
Local Performer

While streaming music on my television using amazon firestick, the music freezes every other song. I tried interacting with the music and reloading the app. No avail. Any assistance appreciated.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @SaraG thanks for posting, sorry to hear that. 

Here are some steps to help troubleshoot:

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • Select Pandora from the list;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

3. Uninstall and Reinstall the app:

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Select Pandora from the list.
  • Click Uninstall.
  • Reinstall the app by returning to the Pandora app detail page.

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @SaraG thanks for posting, sorry to hear that. 

1. Restart your device: To do this, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
  2. Clear your app data:
  • From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications;
  • From here, clear the cache and/or data. This may help resolve various intermittent performance issues.

Note: clearing data doesn't delete the app itself, but will log you out of Pandora.

• From the Home screen, select Settings > Applications > Manage All Installed Applications.
  • Click Uninstall.

Let me know how it goes. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mrmuhammad
Local Performer

does all plus features work on fiestick? Because it keeps stoppingall access

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mrmuhammad Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

1. Is there an error message when you attempt to stream Pandora on that device? If so, what does it say?
  2. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for your help with this! 

0 Kudos

carlandkels17
Local Performer

I have similar issue. It sometimes doesn't start playing when I first go into the app. Only works to play after I turn tv off and start over after a few minutes. I have reinstalled the app several times and it's annoying that I keep having to do so.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @carlandkels17! Thanks for posting.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. 

With the uninstall/reinstall did you try clearing the cache as well? If no, let's have a go. 

To do that:

Additionally, I've removed the device association from your account to see if this will help. This will automatically sign you out (if you haven't cleared the cache yet) once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

carlandkels17
Local Performer

Yes I cleared the cache it's doing it again right now...

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up @carlandkels17

When the app freezes, is this in the middle of a song, after the song or when an ad comes on?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

carealtor
Local Performer

For me, it's at the end of song.  More precisely, at the end of the second song.  Another possible clue is that, when I can get it running again (by maybe switching to another station for 2 songs until it freezes and then switching back) it plays a commercial.  I suspect it has something to do with hanging up on a commercial.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up with that information.

Before I pass your feedback along to our engineers, can you please try running through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided in his message above?

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

LoriJ
Local Performer

Since the last upgrade, a few days ago, I am too having this problem. Not only does it not progress to the next song, it will play a portion of a song, then skip it. I play for Pandora + and this needs to be corrected. 

I am using Amazon Fire TV . . .

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LoriJ I moved your post over to the Other Devices space. 

2. Clear your app data:

• Click Uninstall.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

GreyEagle06
Local Performer

Did all of these steps.

No change.

Cannot use Pandora on Fire Stick

0 Kudos

GreyEagle06
Local Performer

I have the same problem:

TV: Sony XBR-55X850B

Using Firestick

One song and Pandora stops / pauses indefinitely.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @GreyEagle06! Thanks for posting, sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Firestick. 

I've enabled a trace on your account. Can you try the following troubleshooting steps for me while this trace is enabled.

1. Restart your device: 
    1. If your device uses a power code, just disconnect the power cord (from the back of the device or from the power outlet), and then plug it back in.
    2. If your device is plugged into a port on your TV, disconnect from the TV. 
  2. Clear your app data:

• Click Uninstall.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Allia101
Local Performer

Pandora plays a song or 2 if I’m lucky then stops for about 5-10 minutes. I’ve already cleared cache, uninstalled, reinstalled, signed out and in and everything so far. It only does this on my fire tv. 

0 Kudos

EEretired
Local Performer

I have a FireTV stick 4k and have tried ALL of the above.  When I uninstalled and re-installed Pandora I was even blocked from logging in by the same error message.  Once in a while the log-in screen reappears only to be replaced by the error screen within seconds.  This appears to be a hard fault.  Never ever seen it before.

Jim

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @EEretired 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Fire TV Stick. Can you do me a favor and take a picture of the error messages you mentioned in your post above. I haven't seen that before and I'm curious to know what it looks like.

Thanks for your help.

Please note: The best way to post a picture on community is through a mobile or web browser. You won't be able to post a picture when responding through the email notifications.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos