cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android TV / Sony: Pandora Unable to Load

DPT_Archer
Local Performer

I’m not able to start Pandora version 4.2.1 from my Sony TV XBR-55X900F software version 8.0.0.  It goes directly to a gray screen and then returns to the home page. I’ve tried clearing all data and cache, uninstalling and reinstalling, and doing a full TV shut down and restart.  What steps can I take?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

amdrozd
Local Performer
I logged out on my TV with support help and reset my wireless router. No
problems since.

View solution in original post

15 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @DPT_Archer! Thanks for posting to community, sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Sony TV. 

Sounds like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting already. I've enabled a trace on your account to help us understand what may be happening. 

I'd like to remove the Sony device association with your Pandora account and have you run through the set-up again to see if this will help.

In the meantime, I've passed along the information you provided to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

lrcbob
Local Performer

I've had this problem for months now, and I'm one frazzled nerve away from terminating my subscription. I have the same model SONY TV, XBR-55X900F, and I've repeatedly performed the same procedures as "DPT Archer" with little success. Pandora plays for less than an hour and then just stops on a blue Pandora logo screen. Frustrating!

0 Kudos

amdrozd
Local Performer

I am having the same problem, a blank grey screen on my Sony xbr55 TV. Any suggestions how to remedy?

0 Kudos

jakeharlan
Local Performer

Did you figure it out?

Same issue here. Sony Bravia.

0 Kudos

amdrozd
Local Performer
I logged out on my TV with support help and reset my wireless router. No
problems since.

UncleBob1
Local Performer

I’m having similar trouble with my XR-65A80CJ. When selecting Pandora I get a grey screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cache, restarted my router and no help. If I unplug for 30 seconds it works until the next time. All other streaming apps work. If I switch to my Firestick, Pandora operates normally. It seems Sony and Pandora don’t work well together.

Edna5
Underground

I just purchased a Sony Bravia 48 inch TV and having the same issue with Pandora.  All the other apps I use work just fine.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Pandora app with no success.  Has anyone else besides the one person solved this issue with their Sony TV?

0 Kudos

jakeharlan
Local Performer

I did get it solved. I was having issues with Pandora and HBO Max.

I have a Gryphon router. I got Gryphon support involved. They did a firmware update, then rebooted the router, then rebooted (cold boot where I unplug the TV) and then both Pandora and HBO Max worked as normal.

hope this helps

bowersd
Local Performer

I'm going to pile on here - I have a Sony Bravia Android TV with the same problem: greyish, blank screen for about a minute then returns to the home screen.  An interesting thing is that the app has been working perfectly for nearly two years until just a few days ago.  Was there an app update that torpedoed its operation on Sony Android TVs, or a Sony TV software update I'm not aware of?  I've tried all the possible solutions mentioned above, most of them several times, with no success.  Pandora works fine on all my other devices - phone, tablet, PC. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bowersd I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps:

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Edna5
Underground
The manufacturer provided a software update recently and now Pandora works the way it is supposed to.

Thanks,
Edna Davis

Sent from my iPad

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Happy to hear it, @Edna5.

Thanks for the update!

0 Kudos

bowersd
Local Performer

Most Sony BRAVIA TVs have not been updated since firmware v.6.5066 released on 06-23-2021.  A check today (03-13-2023) finds no more recent updates.  So, for some of us the problem remains.  It would be interesting to know when was the last Pandora Android TV app update.  I would like to see if it jibes with when the app stopped working on my TV.

0 Kudos

Edna5
Underground
I have my Bravia Model 4k VH21 TV set up for automatic updates and one was completed a few weeks ago and now Pandora works. My TV model came out in 2022 I think.

Sent from my iPad
0 Kudos

bowersd
Local Performer

That's interesting.  On the Sony site it does say that updates are staged by models and model numbers over perhaps several weeks.  Hopefully, my model is in a queue and will receive this update soon.  Thanks.

0 Kudos