cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast - Play button unresponsive when casting

mkammes
Opening Act

Hey Folks:

For several years now, I've enjoyed listening to (paid) Pandora on my various Roku devices (Roku 3 and now Roku Ultra). ~2 months ago the Roku Ultra and Pandora pairing were for some reason lost, and now it is impossible to re-pair them.  Roku supports confirms this issue, so I've had to resort to casting Pandora from my Android Galaxy S20 phone to my Sony Android TV.

This worked for a few weeks, but now I have playback issues when the Pandora app connects to the TV: 

1. The app and the TV are connected, but the music won't auto-play.
  2. When #1 happens, hitting the play button on the Pandora app on the phone doesn't start the music. Neither does hitting pause and then hitting play again. The music never starts, and the time display never shows the song duration change (e.g. maybe it's playing and I can't hear it, but the time index would at least show that the music was playing)
  3. When I can connect, whatever song is playing is stopped and Pandora jumps to the next song. The same thing happens when I disconnect the cast session - Pandora jumps to the next song.

I'm quite frustrated at the Roku channel issue on Roku, and now my workaround isn't working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi again @mkammes - sorry to hear about this.

Can you share some more info about your Android?

• Model:
  • Android version (Settings > About Phone):
  • Build number (Settings > About Phone):
  • Android Security Patch Level, if noted on your device (Settings > About Phone):
  • Pandora version:
    • Open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

mkammes
Opening Act

Hi @TannerPandora :

Galaxy S20 Plus

Android  version 12

Build SP1A.210812.016.G986USQS2FVE6

Security Patch level: May 1, 2022

Pandora app version 2204.1 (ANDROID-TUNER 22041003)

Thanks!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @mkammes.

If you're having issues casting, try the following:

1. Check to see if there are any updates available for your Pandora app and update if needed.
  2. Make sure your mobile device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast device.
  3. Try reinstalling or clearing app data for Pandora on your device.
  4. Restart your Chromecast device by unplugging the power source and plugging it back in.
  5. Restart the Pandora app on your device.
  6. Run the Chromecast app to set up your Chromecast device again.

If you are still having trouble with Chromecast, please refer to Google's support page here.

I hope this is helpful. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos