cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish devices - Playback stops

Cornrod
Local Performer

Help Please,

Just recently my LG TV with a Wireless Joey when Playing Pandora stops after one song. It has for years ran fine. My other TV which is wired runs Pandora fine. I signed off and turned the TV and signed on Pandora. The problem still exists.

Thank you for helping me

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Cornrod! Thanks for posting to community. 

To clarify, when playback stop after one song, does Pandora appear to continue to play but you hear no sound? Or does it stop completely and you must press play to continue to the next song?

To confirm, the Pandora app is located on your Dish device?

In the meantime, let's try a few troubleshooting steps. First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

Let me know how it goes. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
To clarify, when playback stop after one song, does Pandora appear to continue to play but you hear no sound? Or does it stop completely and you must press play to continue to the next song?

To confirm, the Pandora app is located on your Dish device?

In the meantime, let's try a few troubleshooting steps. First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps. Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device. Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).
Let me know how it goes. 
1. Yes I am accessing Pandora with the Dish Network App Screen
2. When Pandora starts is plays the first song and is audible. After the First song the second song graphic pops up it starts to stream but no audio
3. I double checked my firm where on the TV and is up to date as well my hopper software.
4. I have rebooted and signed in 
5. I cannot connect with ethernet as I have outlet in my wall
6. I have rebooted my rounter and the wireless joey.
7. My other TV when playing Pandora with the Dish TV   works fine.
Thank you for your help again.
Rod
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for trying that out, @Cornrod

Is your other Dish TV a Dish Hopper?

I have a trace enabled on your account to help investigate. I'd like to remove the Dish Joey connection from your Pandora account and have you go through the set-up once more. 

When this takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Then sign back into Pandora and try again.

If you're still running into trouble, can you let me know the approximate time and date that playback stopped?

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Yes the other TV is a “Dish Hopper with Sling”

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

jimbo_kirko
Local Performer

Anyone else having issues with the DISH Pandora app not playing music? The app loads up, you can sign in, but the app wont play any music. The time counter moves, but there is no music playing.

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jimbo_kirko! Thanks for visiting community. 

I merged your post with an existing thread: Dish devices - Playback stops

Looks like you've reached out to our User Support team via email. To curb any confusion or duplicate troubleshooting steps, I recommend following up with the agent through email. 

If you haven't tried any troubleshooting steps yet - I posted some above that may help. You can view the steps here

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

kakern154
Underground

I too have this problem. with dish pandora app. pandora works good in my living room but in the bedroom with dish joey it plays 1 song then shows the next song on the screen but does not play it.I have to go out then back in to get it to play the next song.

I have rebooted my router, dish,joey and everything else I can think of but it still does the same thing?

any help would be appreciated

thank-you

kathy

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @kakern154! Welcome to community. 

Thanks for trying those steps, sorry to hear they didn't help. 

I've gone ahead and passed your info along to our engineering team for further investigation. Thanks for your patience while we look into this. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

bjdotson
Local Performer

I have this exact same problem; Pandora works fine on the living room Hopper (with Sling). Playing in the bedroom on a Joey, it plays one song, then shows another song playing but no sound. If I exit Pandora and then go back in, the whole thing repeats. Plays a song once, then no sound.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@bjdotson I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps - you can view the steps here

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

bjdotson
Local Performer

Almost everything rod says applies to me

1. Yes I am accessing Pandora with the Dish Network App Screen -True
2. When Pandora starts is plays the first song and is audible. After the First song the second song graphic pops up it starts to stream but no audio - True
3. I double checked my firm where on the TV and is up to date as well my hopper software. -True
4. I have rebooted and signed in - True
5. I cannot connect with ethernet as I have outlet in my wall - True
6. I have rebooted my router and the wireless joey. - Live in Apartment, signal is box on wall for the wi-fi Can't reboot
7. My other TV when playing Pandora with the Dish TV   works fine. - True Hopper works great, Joey does not

0 Kudos

DS92
Underground

Same problem 

0 Kudos

rjbeam08
Underground

When playing Pandora via the Dish Network app the audio cuts off and has to be manually restarted by switching to the next song. In addition, some songs are cut off half way through the song and a new song starts on its own. I have referred this to Dish and they can't figure out what's wrong. When using Pandora from my phone, computer or car it works fine. 

Has Pandora reached out to Dish to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @rjbeam08 @DS92 @bjdotson. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. 

It sounds like you may have run through the standard troubleshooting steps of rebooting your connection from @TannerPandora's post here.

++

Let's try removing the device association from your individual Pandora account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account.s This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

DS92
Underground

I have same problem, went through all the steps and still same problem 

0 Kudos

rjbeam08
Underground

I did all the steps and now it's worse. In addition, I set up Pandora on the Joey Dish box in the bedroom and have the same problem. Has Pandora reached out to the Dish Network in order to work together to solve this problem?

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
I do not if they have.

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

skyguybva
Local Performer

Yes, yes, yes!! I have the same issue.  I have tried all the fixes.  Nothing has worked.

My Joey plays one song and then stops cold.  The graphic for the next song pops up, the time ticker does not move, and there is NO sound.  On my Hopper upstairs,  it works perfectly.

For the record, people have been complaining about this since 2012.

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Thanks for sharing, especially about the complaint ongoing since 2012. Time to look for a new service I guess.
0 Kudos