cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dish devices - Playback stops

Cornrod
Local Performer

Help Please,

Just recently my LG TV with a Wireless Joey when Playing Pandora stops after one song. It has for years ran fine. My other TV which is wired runs Pandora fine. I signed off and turned the TV and signed on Pandora. The problem still exists.

Thank you for helping me

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
106 Replies

Cornrod
Local Performer
Have you tried streaming Pandora APP from your phone to rule out your TV? I did with my LG and I do not have this problem. So I have isolated the problem to my wireless that is connected to my LG TV. Hopper and wired Joey work fine for me.

Good Luck‼️

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@Cornrod said "Have you tried streaming Pandora APP from your phone to rule out your TV?"

If you're asking me then yes...

My Pandora through any other component - PC, Samsung smart TV app, Samsung Wi-Fi speaker app and the Android app on Moto phone & Asus tablet all work just fine...the issue seems to be confined to some Dish components via the Pandora app from Dish.

As Dish never seems to be much help on any issue it would seem that, since Pandora allows their app to be included on Dish equipment, it would be in Pandora's best interest to have their techs working with Dish to resolve this issue.

Of course it now seems like the Pandora Moderators have gone silent on any information or updates they may have as to the status of this issue as the last post from @AlyssaPandora was on 03/15 and prior to that were replies from @TannerPandora and @AdamPandora but since then it's been crickets.

Paul

0 Kudos

Cornrod
Local Performer
Maybe my next step is to ask for a new wireless Joey. Have you tried this

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

megeurian
Underground
I agree with Paul. My Pandora works on everything else, just not with
DISH! If I bypass DISH, and just use my Smart Samsung TV, it works just
fine. So it is definitely a DISH thing.

Megeurian

KachinaShadow
Underground

@Cornrod 

No, and only because the issue is on both the Hopper3 w/sling and the Joey (mine Joey is wired).

After reading responses from others on this forum it seems that people are having issues with either the Hopper or the Joey or both. It all seems to be related to something that has to do with the Dish/Pandora app.

Even though I just, in the past couple of months, tried using Pandora through the Dish app (prior to that I had been using Pandora, with no play issues, through the Samsung smart TV app but got tired of the slow loading time and it's interesting that the Dish app, although it has these other problems, loads immediately).

It also seems that people are saying that, prior to your post in January, the Dish app was working just fine but I couldn't say just when these issues began since I just tried the Dish app recently.

Paul

0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@megeurian 

When you use the Samsung smart TV app does it take a while to fully load?

My Samsung app will start to load and begin playing music but the scroll bar doesn't move right away while it finishes loading and there's also no response from the buttons (skip, pause, etc.) until it fully loads which is why I tried using the Dish app in the first place.

At least the Samsung app keeps on working after that and while it's loading I can always grab another beer 😎 

0 Kudos

megeurian
Underground
My Samsung app is a little slow to respond to different demands but I'm
like you, at least it keeps on playing!

DS92
Underground
When I talked to dish a few months ago they said they were trying to fix the problem

Sent from my iPhone

Cornrod
Local Performer
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

KachinaShadow
Underground

@Cornrod 

Nothing showing in your last post...it's blank 🤔

0 Kudos

MissTeeDee
Local Performer

I have the same issue. Have been for a while now. I have tried almost everything. It happens on all of my tvs. It'll play one song then go to the next but won't play. Sometimes it'll show like it's playing, the timer will go but no sound. I have to press the next track twice for a song to play the right way. The next song won't play either when I press it once. It's annoying because I end up missing and skipping songs I wanted to hear or I have to stop what I'm doing to go change it. I have premium account. What should I do? Any help would be appreciated! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @MissTeeDee. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're encountering this issue as well.

Troubleshooting:

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

++

If you continue to have trouble, I can also try removing the Dish devices from your Pandora account. This would require you to reactivate the Pandora app on those devices again.

Let me know how it goes. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

RM6
Local Performer
  • For about the last 3 months my DishTV Pandora app skips and stops randomly.  Firm ware update didn't help. I've always been wired directly. Not wireless. No hardware changes in my end. Tried all the resets and reboots possible. This is the only app that malfunctions. The Pandora app on my Firestick works fine. It is also hard wired. Not wifi. Dish seems clueless to provide any help. Thanks.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RM6 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Dish devices - Playback stops

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more.

First make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.
  • Try removing and re-adding the app (if this is possible on your device).

You can also contact the manufacturer directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

++

If you continue to have trouble, I can also try removing the Dish devices from your Pandora account. This would require you to reactivate the Pandora app on those devices again.

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

RM6
Local Performer
Hi, thanks for trying to help. I've tried all of the methods you describe and nothing worked. The only problem I have is with the Dish TV Psndora app. I guess we could try your final suggestion and remove the app from my dish account and I'll try it again. Thanks. Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RM6 Sorry for the continued trouble. Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

RM6
Local Performer
Hi, No, unfortunately none of this has helped. I guess what I've learned is, don't use the Dish TV Pandora app. The Firestick Pandora app works fine. I'll just use that one. Thanks anyway. Sent from my Galaxy
0 Kudos

jonh1373
Underground

I have the same issue and have had for months. It works fine on the Hopper but not on either Joey. I recently had my main Hopper receiver replaced. It worked on both Joeys for about one hour and then the lock up after one song again. I have read all of the previous posts and tried all of the trouble shooting. Nothing helps. I talked to Dish and they say their engineering is working on the issue, which I strongly doubt. Please help.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jonh1373 Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

jonh1373
Underground

I got a notification that my account had been changed and see that it had been reset. I logged back in and there is no change to the problem. 

0 Kudos