cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Home: Requesting playlists plays station

timwscott99
Local Performer

I'm unable to get Google Assistant to play any playlist on Pandora. I've tried renaming playlists and changing the word order, but have yet to be successful. I tried names like "Fox Kangaroo" and it plays a Kangaroo song. I've tried "Nora's Mix Tape 1" and it plays a random mix tape station. Is there a secret to naming a playlist so it doesn't get confused with an existing song or artist? I have a premium account and it's frustrating to go through the trouble of creating playlists and not being able to play them. Any suggestions?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @timwscott99! Thanks for posting your experience. 

I've created a new thread with your post since your experience is a little different than the previous thread. 

Google is interested in what's happening when your Google Home device doesn't understand your request, or starts the wrong station/playlist.

As a result, they've asked us to refer listeners back to them when this happens.

Could you request that content from your Google Home again? Then, if your device still fails to launch Pandora correctly, file feedback with Google by saying "OK Google, file feedback."

This will send a diagnostic report to Google which will allow them to investigate what's going on.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

timwscott99
Local Performer

Thanks. I've sent feedback to Google a few times over the past few days, and I've filed a help request through their Google Assistant Help Forum. I tested the same issue with a free trial of Spotify and there were no issues playing their playlists using Google Assistant, which is why I think the problem may be on the Pandora side of the equation.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for following up, @timwscott99 and for sending over that feedback to Google.

I've passed along your info and experience to our engineering team for further investigation. 

Thanks for letting us know.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ChristyS84
Local Performer

Hi,

I am having the exact same issue. Please please resolve this as it's supposed to be a benefit of having the premium membership which I pay for.

Please Fix!

Thanks, 

Christy

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

jimmack1963
Local Performer

I ask for the same playlist over and over, usually get it on the third try.  Sometimes I have to ask for general music, then the playlist. 

"Ok Google, play my pandora playlist called "get going"

0 Kudos

TexasTater
Local Performer

Same issue - sort of - telling Google assistant to play my [insert name of playlist here, doesn't matter] playlist that I have created - immediately goes to Pandora playing [name of playlist] radio station....not what I would like from the collaboration between Google and Pandora when I am on the road and unable to manually select the playlist....

0 Kudos

blueyucca
Local Performer

I am running into an interesting issue.  I am able to say, "Ok Google, play Good Morning playlist"  and it will play the playlist I have created called Good Morning.  

I am able to say, "Ok Google, play good morning hits" and it will play the radio station called Good Morning Hits, which is what I want.  

Yet, there is this one playlist that I have created that Google Home will. Just. Not. Play.  
I have tried to rename it. I have tried creating another playlist with the songs. 

When I say, "Ok Google, play My Running playlist" it will play a RADIO station called Running. 

If I rename the playlist to something like "For Me", Google Home will play just any music.  Google Home will say, "Ok, music on Pandora.  Here you go."  

If I rename the playlist to High Tempo or HighTempo, it will play SONGS or an ARTIST named High Tempo. 

This is the only playlist in my collection that I am having issues with.  

0 Kudos