cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RESOLVED: Sonos: Your account doesn't support this feature error when selecting Thumbprint Radio

Alanlwest
Underground

As of Friday 4/14/23, when attempting to play my Thumbprint Radio, via accessing through Sonos/Pandora I get the message, “Your account does not support this feature”.  I can still play my Thumbprint Radio via the Pandora app (not thru Sonos).  I have listened to my Thumbprint Radio via Sonos/Pandora nearly daily for well over a year with no problems.  Additionally, since 4/14, playing Pandora stations on my Sonos have occasionally cut-out for 1-2 seconds.  It’s infrequent and random.  Probably happened 5-6 times over the last 3 days.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 4/25/23

We've received confirmation that the error message received when listening to Thumbprint Radio on Sonos devices has been resolved.

This thread will be closed off to future comments. If you run into trouble again with this experience on your Sonos, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Thank you all for posting your experience. We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try listening to Thumbprint Radio on your Sonos device again and let us know if you continue to have the same experience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

11 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Alanlwest! Welcome to community.

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear about this experience with your Sonos.

I've gone ahead and passed this along to the appropriate parties for further investigation. We'll follow up with you if we need any additional details.

In the meantime, I suggest streaming to Sonos with the Pandora app. To do that, make sure you're connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Sonos device, and open the Pandora app.

You'll see a casting option (a rectangle with diagonal lines) on the Now Playing screen. Tap it to initiate a connection with your Sonos device. Once you've connected successfully, the casting icon will appear filled in, and a new navigation screen (or "device shelf") will appear. This shelf will allow you to edit your Sonos groups, select which devices to play through, or control the volume of your devices.

Just click on Show Group to make edits to the currently playing devices, or Edit to make changes to other groups.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

MJS1
Local Performer

I have the same problem and it started the same day.   I have used thumbprint through Sonos app for 3 years and now it won’t work.  I tried reconnecting Pandora to Sonos and it did not help. 

0 Kudos

jloplanet
Local Performer

Same problem here, when will we know when its fixed??? I'm only having problems on the sonos app.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @jloplanet @MJS1. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about your experienced.

Our engineering team is aware of this issue and are working on it. I've gone ahead and shared your feedback with them for further review.

For a workaround, please check out @TannerPandora's post here about streaming to Sonos with the Pandora app.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

Perkunas
Local Performer

Happening here too!

0 Kudos

Okphotos
Local Performer

Same here doesn’t work

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Perkunas @Okphotos I've added your feedback to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into it.

In the meantime, I recommend checking out @TannerPandora 's message here for a workaround.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

We've received confirmation that the error message received when listening to Thumbprint Radio on Sonos devices has been resolved.

This thread will be closed off to future comments. If you run into trouble again with this experience on your Sonos, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thank you all for posting your experience. We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try listening to Thumbprint Radio on your Sonos device again and let us know if you continue to have the same experience. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Alanlwest
Underground

I just tried, and I am once again able to play Thumbprint radio via the Sonos app. 

0 Kudos

Alanlwest
Underground

I just got notice from @TannerPandora to try out the fix…and YES…Thumbprint Radio is now able to be initiated via the Sonos app. Thanx!

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming, @Alanlwest🎉

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport