cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved 7/18/24): Xfinity + Samsung: Playback stops, or won't play - song length set to 0

steverizz
Underground

xfinity pandora freezes.  It plays an ad and one or two songs.  then no sound for 2 songs, then resumes and repeats.  when there is no sound, it looks like a song is playing except it is at zero seconds and the song length is zero seconds.  I can select pause and play again, but nothing happens.  It will change artists and songs and the same no sound phenomenom happens again.  It will start back up eventually, but the pauses continue.  How do I uninstall and reinstall?  I am playing pandora on an LG TV, but I use xfinity blue microphone button to say, "play shuffle on pandora" and it goes to the 3rd party pandora ap.  

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07/22/24):

We've received confirmation from multiple listeners that this issue with Xfinity and Samsung devices stopping playback has been resolved.

If you should run into this issue again, please create a new post within the Other Devices Board. In the meantime, future comments for this thread will be closed.

Thanks again to everyone's for sharing your experience and details that helped our teams investigation

Pandora Update (07/18/24):

Hi all!

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated. We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try listening on your Xfinity or Samsung devices again and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Thank you!

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for sharing details about your experience. Our moderation team has shared all reports from this thread with our tech team as they're currently investigating this issue. Once we have an update to share, it will be posted here

If you haven't shared your device information already, please be sure to include what device you're using. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (07.12.24):

Hi @steverizz, @motoant and other listeners!

Thanks for posting your experience with your Xfinity and Samsung devices.

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. We appreciate your patience while we take a look.

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
72 Replies

motoant
Opening Act

I have Pandora Plus which works perfect on my android and my PC. Recently I started having issues when playing on my TV through Xfinity. When I launch Pandora everything shows but the songs won't play. I can rewind, I can thumbs up & down I can skip to the next song but it will not play. I have logged in and out several times and even rebooted my Xfinity cable box several times and it still won't work.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @steverizz 

Welcome to community!

Sorry to hear you've having trouble. Based on your description, it sounds like Pandora is being run on your Xfinity device.

Let's try removing the Xfinity association from your Pandora account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've already gone ahead and done this. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Once signed out, sign back in and try Pandora once more. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Note: This message has been Accepted as a Solution to flag the current steps and/or status of this thread. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Pandora Update (07/22/24):

We've received confirmation from multiple listeners that this issue with Xfinity and Samsung devices stopping playback has been resolved.

If you should run into this issue again, please create a new post within the Other Devices Board. In the meantime, future comments for this thread will be closed.

Thanks again to everyone's for sharing your experience and details that helped our teams investigation

Pandora Update (07/18/24):

Hi all!

Thank you for your patience while our teams investigated. We now believe that this issue has been resolved. Please try listening on your Xfinity or Samsung devices again and let us know if you're still having trouble.

Thank you!

Pandora Update (07.15.24): Hi friends 👋

Thank you for sharing details about your experience. Our moderation team has shared all reports from this thread with our tech team as they're currently investigating this issue. Once we have an update to share, it will be posted here

If you haven't shared your device information already, please be sure to include what device you're using. 

In the meantime, we appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

Pandora Update (07.12.24):

Hi @steverizz, @motoant and other listeners!

Thanks for posting your experience with your Xfinity and Samsung devices.

I've passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation. We appreciate your patience while we take a look.

Thank you!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Ltsakids
Underground

I'm having the same problem.  Anyone get it working yet?

I signed out and back in and it worked for one song then froze again. Same.  Just started happening.  Works on any other device except tv.  Unfortunately that's where I use it most.  I pay for it to get no commercials so I guess I'll be canceling.

Is there no actual tech support to help.  Again if you're paying for something they surely should help you get it working.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

motoant
Opening Act

Thanks!! I just checked and still signed in so I'll check back later.

Didn't work for me either. Odd thing is it worked just fine for several years through Xfinity & Samsung TV but just the other day started doing this.

Yup, one song if I'm lucky then freezes. I've tried logging in and out on every friggen device I own and still no go. I even added the Pandora app to my Samsung TV and have the same issue. Last but not least 30 minutes with Xfinity support made my head throb and a complete waste of time.

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

JACorl
Local Performer

Just signed out and reinitialized, No help. (through Xfinity on a Samsung TV.)

nedh
Local Performer

I'm having exactly the same issue

0 Kudos

Schlogg
Local Performer

I pay a monthly subscription and I should not have to deal with only playing one song and stops working. You should be refunding people's money until you fix this problem 

0 Kudos

iggypopp
Local Performer

this is not helping at all. I am giving up on Pandora

will not play but one song at a time on my TV

Moderator's edit: merged comments.

0 Kudos

schwan1
Local Performer

I too recently have this same issue.   None of my TV's will play Pandora as stated above when connected by way of Xfinitiy/Comcast.   After talking to their tech, I picked up a new X1 box thinking that this would solve the problem, but it does not.   When I use Roku versus the blue voice control, Pandora runs great.   Xfinity/Comcast could not find anything wrong with my account or system.  Hope a solution is found soon.   

0 Kudos

KSJ08118
Local Performer

I have deleted the app and reloaded it several times, disabled the ip, rebooted the internet, unplugged the television.  Still doesn’t work. Help…..

0 Kudos

rat830
Local Performer

Music stops on my televisions. Plays 1 song rotates to next album cover and stops. Locks on that cover. No sound. 

0 Kudos

Caliloj
Local Performer
  1. Pandora working fine on phone and IPad, but not through the Xfinity box. I rebooted the box, but, that did not correct the problem. Plays one song, then new song shows up but won’t play. 

0 Kudos

GuyinIdaho
Local Performer

You may have no choice but to try a newer router, or connect by Ethernet cable. I changed from Linksys to Asus router to solve my problem.

0 Kudos

bschormann
Local Performer

I am having the same problem. When will the proble be fixed?

0 Kudos

zeldahof
Underground

I have used Pandora for years, I listen from my TV mostly, all of a sudden it will play one song and stop. I  have been through all the Xfinity attempts to solve the problem. Nothing is working.

"YES," the hopes that Pandora will have some acquired business sense to at least issue some explanation, even a "We're working on it" statement would be a decent gesture.

Unfortunately, I will be looking for another source of music, maybe Pandora is going under??

I have, at great length, spoken to Xfinity techs and it is not their problem, All tests, etc.. were performed, and everything is working as supposed to. I have spoken to my TV manufacture as well and after checking all connections, software etc..They have assured me it's a Pandora issue. I have listened to Pandora on my TV for years with NOT one thing going wrong.

The same Pandora will play all day on my iMac. ????

mod edit: merged comments

0 Kudos

motoant
Opening Act

Aha, works now......sort of. When I launch Pandora (xfinity) it might play the first song maybe two but then it freezes, the only way I can get a frozen song to play (and this doesn't always work) is to click on the repeat/circle with arrow button and the song might play. Then the next song might play and might not etc. So basically I have to sit in a chair remote in hand to *maybe* get some enjoyment from Pandora which I paid for so I can put it on and move around the house while the music plays. 😡

0 Kudos

rwhit
Local Performer

Mine does it as well 2 songs quit looks like everything is working no audio tried rebooting everything even reset TV 

steverizz
Underground
You successfully signed me out and I signed back in. It played one ad and then 4 songs. I got hung up on song number 5. silent. the song length was zero seconds. after a few minutes it switched to song number 6. again it was silent with a song length of zero seconds. I have no idea of how to uninstall this ap from xfinity so that I can reinstall. All of xfinity's help gives me instructions on how to remove stations, not the ap. What shall I try?
0 Kudos