cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku: Playback Stops

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/18/23:

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 1/13/23

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experiencing with playback stopping on your Roku devices. Our engineering team is aware and currently investigating. Everyone who has posted so far has been added to our ticket.

We've also received reports from listeners that say playback stops when the screensaver is activated on their Roku. Some listeners mention that the screensaver is enabled but doesn't activate when playback stops.

Please try disabling this screensaver on your Roku to see if this helps. You can use the following steps to disable the screensaver.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

Thanks for trying that out!

Updates will be posted in this thread as they are made available to the community team. Thank you for continued patience.

If you're new to this thread and would like to be added, please post the following info in your message:

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Pandora Update 1/18/23:

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps, once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update 1/10/23:

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience to community - sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora with Roku

Our engineering team is aware and investigating. I've gone ahead and added everyone in this thread to our ticket.

In the meantime, you can disable the screensaver on your Roku device with the following steps.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

We'll keep you posted with updates as they are made available to the community team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

If you're new to this thread, and would like to be added to our report feel free to post.

Note, this thread is for user who are experiencing playback stopping when the screensaver on Roku is activated.

In your post, please include the include the following:

• What is the model?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
63 Replies

sierradane
Underground

I listen to Pandora via a Roku and I've noticed that when a song finishes playing, the next song does not start playing automatically. I have to use the remote to pick the skip button. This is happening on each song. The only time a new song plays is at the end of a commercial. And.... I no longer have a paid subsciption.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sierradane I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

First, please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps: 

• Try rebooting your modem and router, then restarting the Roku player. 
  • Try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi, if the option is available for your model. 

If you are still having trouble, please try using the steps in the following link to update your Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Finally, try deleting the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.) 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

sierradane
Underground

I have updated the Pandora, I removed it and re-added it and it didn't help.  There is no reason to reset the modem.  If it was the modem's fault, then I wouldn't be able to access anything... everything would be affected. I don't have the option to connect it to with an ethernet cable.  And I have updated the Roku; I know how to do that.  Still won't automatically go to the next song.  I have to manually go to the next song which is a hassle if you are trying to listen to Pandora while doing the dishes.  Sadly, nothing you suggested worked.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sierradane Sorry for your continued trouble.

Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Let me know what you find.

0 Kudos

sierradane
Underground

Roku model number:

3820RW streaming stick 4k

Serial number: I don't think you need to know that

Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-CU

channel version number: 505 build 4

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sierradane Thanks for following up.

Can you please also confirm if an error message appears on the screen whenever the music stops?

If so, what does it say?

Let me know.

RoxieRolls
Local Performer

I’m having an issue with Pandora on Roku. Each station will only play one song at a time. I’ve tried “skip” after a song finishes playing, but it’ll just play the next song then stop. I updated the app, but that didn’t help, then I removed the app and added it back to my channels. It still only plays one song at a time. In fact, now that I’ve used up my available skips, it only plays one song on each station. I don’t know what else to try.

Roku Express 4K+
Pandora app is version 5.5, build 4
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoxieRolls I moved your post over to this existing thread: Roku - Playback Stops After Every Song

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

• Try rebooting your modem and router, then restarting the Roku player. 
  • Try connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi, if the option is available for your model. 

If you are still having trouble, please try using the steps in the following link to update your Roku software: https://support.roku.com/article/208755668-how-to-update-the-software-on-your-roku-streaming-device

Finally, try deleting the Pandora channel from My Channels, and try re-adding it from the Channel Store. (You can find the Remove channel option by pressing the * key on your remote while the Pandora channel is highlighted on the home screen.) 

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

chrisitneyw
Local Performer

My Pandora won't play continously on my Roku. It stops after 1 song. Please help!

Moderator Edit: Format

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @chrisitneyw! Sorry to hear you've having trouble with your Roku.

I've merged your post with an existing thread: Roku - Playback Stops After Every Song

If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the Roku troubleshooting steps found on the Pandora Help Page.  Let us know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

JoaniFrancis
Local Performer

Having the same issue with Roku and Pandora! Please address this and let us know of a fix?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @JoaniFrancis! Welcome to community!

I'm happy to pass things along to our engineering team, however I do highly recommend trying the  troubleshooting steps found on the Pandora Help Page.  Let us know it goes.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Cenage
Underground

I was experiencing the same problem. I did all of the other ‘solutions’ with no success. It seems to be fixed now after I turned off my photo stream screen saver on the Roku!

TannerPandora

Thanks for the post, @Cenage! If you have trouble again, let us know!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Cenage
Underground

Well, Pandora worked great for about 4weeks but now it is back to doing the same thing aga, stopping after each song. Have there been any other solutions yet?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Cenage. 👋

Sorry to hear that the issue persists after some time.

Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Let me know, and I can share this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

Quig1208
Local Performer

Pandora does not automatically continue to the next song. I have to manually click the "next button This started this past week

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Quig1208 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

sierradane
Underground

Model: 3820RW
serial number: X01700DU6P7E
Roku software version: 11.0.0 Build 4193-CU
pandora channel version: 5.5 build 4

0 Kudos