cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Resolved) Roku: Playback stops when screesaver starts

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 1/18/23

Good news! We believe the issue with playback stopping on Roku has been resolved. This fix was released on Roku's side and should be available to all users now.

No additional steps are necessary to receive this update, however, if you continue to have trouble, it may be helpful to run through some Roku troubleshooting steps once more.

Since we believe this to be resolved, this thread will be closed to future comments. If you run into this issue again, please create a new post and reference this thread.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update 1/10/23:

Hi all! Thanks for posting your experience to community - sorry for any trouble listening to Pandora with Roku

Our engineering team is aware and investigating. I've gone ahead and added everyone in this thread to our ticket.

In the meantime, you can disable the screensaver on your Roku device with the following steps.

From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

We'll keep you posted with updates as they are made available to the community team. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

If you're new to this thread, and would like to be added to our report feel free to post.

Note, this thread is for user who are experiencing playback stopping when the screensaver on Roku is activated.

In your post, please include the include the following:

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
73 Replies

Nurseman1
Opening Act

I can confirm that for me, disabling the Roku screensaver resolved the freezing playback issue.

Hours of Pandora streaming without a glitch.  Back to normal.

Thanks to those who connected the problem to the Roku screensaver.

oldfashionman
Local Performer

Same exact issue with the Roku Screensaver seemingly putting Pandora to sleep. Just recently started. I see Roku pushed an update to me on December 21 2022.    Maybe Related?

Model: 3900X Roku Express

SN YG0042120917

SOFTWARE:  11.5.0    BUILD 4312-51

PANDORA APP : 5.7  BUILD 2

Bbishal
Opening Act

While Pandora is working on a solution to the app, in the meantime you can use PANDORA BETA. Log in to your Roku account online and add Channel Access Code:  PandoraBeta   
This will add Pandora Beta to your list on your Roku device. Open Pandora Beta and log in to your Pandora account. The Roku Screensaver can be left enabled and it won't interfere with the music playing on your Pandora Beta app. The Pandora floating album background screensaver works too. Once they fix the Pandora app you can switch back to it.

shroomchef
Local Performer

So glad to hear someone is following up this with Roku players stopping after one song.

I have Roku Model 4200X - Roku3

Serial Number 4124C7058973

Software Ver. 11.5.0 build 4312-04

Happens on multiple channels

jtaylor13
Local Performer

I'm also having same problem, I do not think I have the Pandora Beta. The Pandora version in Roku I am using is 5.7 build 2

Nurseman1
Opening Act

Streaming Pandora on Hisense smart TV with the roku operating system, Pandora app preinstalled.

Disabling the roku screensaver resolved the issue of song playback freezing, AND the Pandora album background that fills the entire screen works normally too.  I prefer to disable as many options as possible anyway so for me all is well.

Lee52
Local Performer

I'm having same issue.

bigred03
Local Performer

Pandora stops when roku Screensaver starts.

Model: 4662x

Serial no. YJ00E0660856

Software version: 11.5.0 - build 4312-46

Pandora Version  5.7  build 2

billbillw
Underground

Add another Roku user who is having this problem. I've used Pandora on Roku for at least 6 years and never had this issue.

Roku 9630W (Premiere +), Roku Software version  11.5.0, build 4312-29

Pandora Version 5.7, build 2

Please fix.

Scarlettred
Local Performer

This is still an issue and ROKU did not change their app. If this is not fixed by 1/31/23 I will cancel my premium subscription.

0 Kudos

lizabetha2006
Local Performer

Having this issue as well for the past few days

shroomchef
Local Performer

I have disabled the screensaver and now Pandora works fine. As with some others, this is a better option than going without Pandora. Maybe later down the road Roku will fix the bug.

kgese
Underground

I am experiencing this same problem and the troubleshooting steps did not resolve for me either.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for posting, sorry for the trouble on your Roku.

I'd like to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation. Could you tell me more about your Roku device?

• What is the model?
  • What is the serial number? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Roku software version is your device using? (Settings > System > About)
  • What Pandora channel version are you on? (Highlight the Pandora channel icon and select the * key.)

Also, can you let me know if the Roku screensaver is enabled or disabled? If enabled, let's try disabling to see if it will help.

You can use these steps to check. From the Roku Settings > Theme > Additional settings > Screensaver start time > Disable screensaver.

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bbishal
Opening Act

Hey Scarlettred,

While Pandora is working on a solution to the app, in the meantime you can use PANDORA BETA. Log in to your Roku account online and add Channel Access Code: PandoraBeta   

This will add Pandora Beta to your list on your Roku device. Open Pandora Beta and log in to your Pandora account. The Roku Screensaver can be left enabled and it won't interfere with the music playing on your Pandora Beta app. The Pandora floating album background screensaver works too. Once they fix the Pandora app you can switch back to it.

0 Kudos

Meg6
Local Performer

I am having the same issue with Pandora and the screen saver. 

• Model: 4800x - Roku Ultra
  • Serial Number: X0100011SDR7
  • SWV: 11.5.0 Build 4312-C2

0 Kudos

Flatfish
Local Performer

I switched the roku screensaver to 10 min instead of only one before. So now the pandora screensaver comes on before the roku screensaver.. so far so good

0 Kudos

whulge
Local Performer

Us too

3810X Streaming Stick+

YH001X368484

Sw version 11.5.0 build 4312-50

0 Kudos

raidthewind
Local Performer

Mine has been acting the same the last two days. 

Model -Roku Express 4K 3940RW

Serial # x016000wws84

Version- 11.5.0 build 4312-cr

0 Kudos

Patty1515
Opening Act

Tanner, thanks but it affects the screensaver overall so even if you just pause a program on another app for a brief time, it stays on that screen rather than going to screensaver. I'd rather not do that. Hope Pandora gets the glitch fixed soon!