Did you mean: 

Samsung TV: No Sound

rayjaq
Local Performer

I have no sound on Pandora

Labels (1)
249 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Stuman33! Thanks for posting your information. I'll send you a private message here on community. You may receive an email notification about this message but please reply to the PM through community. You should see an envelope icon in the upper right of your screen. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

nomadsoup
Opening Act

Update:

The problem has not been resolved as of this posting.  I'm waiting to either hear back from @TannerPandora or pandora.

0 Kudos

SBoland1
Local Performer

@TannerPandora I have 6 Samsung TVs but Pandora wont work on my largest/newest one. I get no sound. It appears to be playing but no sound at all. I tried reloading the app. No progress. I checked to make sure my TV has the most up to date software...  it auto updates. Please help.

Model: UN75NU6900

Software version: T-KTSUAKUC-1320.4

0 Kudos

kpalcisko
Local Performer

@TannerPandora Hello I have a Samsung tv Model # QN82Q60TAF with the most recent update.  Pandora will act like its playing but has no sound.  Thank you for any help.

0 Kudos

nomadsoup
Opening Act

Update:

I'm still waiting for pandora to resolve this.  I have been in email contact with @TannerPandora and he tells me Pandora is actively working on this.  However, this issue has been going on now for a very long time.  So it is not clear how much Pandora is "actively" working on this.

0 Kudos

csbotski
Local Performer

Hi @TannerPandora and All.  I just experienced this issue with the sound not working on the Pandora app on a Samsung Smart TV and found this forum.  This occurred right after I upgraded my WiFi router to a newer unit.  I connected the TV direct to the router via an Ethernet cable and everything is working now.  There must be a setting on the newer router that is not compatible with the Pandora app on the Samsung TV.  I am not savvy enough to manipulate the settings within the router and since I can get by with the cable, I won't poke the bear!  All other apps are working as most people stated.  I know plugging into an Ethernet cable is not an option for all but for those of you that can do it, this may be an option unit a potential f/w upgrade is sent out from Samsung...if it is their issue or a software update from Pandora if it's their issue.

0 Kudos

csbotski
Local Performer

@TannerPandora and All.  Well that was a short-lived success.  It stopped working after a few songs and exhibiting all the same issues as before.  I'm now running Pandora through my XBOX One X now...so far its working but I'm not feeling very confident at this stage.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @SBoland1 @kpalcisko and @csbotski! Welcome to community.

I've sent each of you a Private Message here on community to gather some additional info. Please be on the look out for this message. 

Please note: You may receive an email notification about this PM but please be sure to respond directly to the message on community by clicking the envelope icon in the top right of the page. Please avoid posting any personal info within the thread. Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Kkestes
Local Performer

Same issue as others for a brand new Samsung 55” tv. Worked once and then nothing. This is very disappointing as we pay for Pandora Premium and a major reason for upgrading to a smart tv. Any update on where we are on this issue?

0 Kudos

Spunkerelli
Underground

Wow 😞 Guess we’re going with Spotify, now.

I’m having the same issue. Has the issue been resolved, especially for those of us who subscribe?

Moderator Edit: Merged comments

kevinatty
Local Performer

Hello...

Kevin Rogers

2021 Samsung The Frame 55"

Arris Surfboard SBG7400AC2

ETHERNET from modem / router to Samsung One Connect Box. 

0 Kudos

MsV
Local Performer

I'm having the same problem 

0 Kudos

bhiser
Local Performer

I have the same issue as everyone else.  New Samsung Smart TV and no sound from my Pandora app.  It did this sporadically on the previous Samsung Smart TV.  I play pandora a LOT on my iPhone and often simply airplay it to the TV but I don't like to 'work around.'

Rdmothena
Underground

Same problem on my tv.  Works on fire stick plugged into tv but not on TV. My guess is a compression algorithm used by Pandora is no longer compatible with the Samsung version of the app but that is just a guess.

0 Kudos

leapers6772
Local Performer

No sound from Pandora on our new Samsung TV.

0 Kudos

nomadsoup
Opening Act

I've been working with @TannerPandora on resolving this issue (Hopefully he has been working with the others that he has sent private messages to) and to date there is no solution yet.  Not sure what Pandora is thinking here as it is clearly on their side of the street and has been going on for a while now.  I will update if something there changes.

0 Kudos

Fattie12
Underground

I have the exact issue with my Samsung. On both my 85” and 65”. Called they could t resolve it and everything I read doesn’t work. Pandora works on all my other devices except the Samsung tv. So frustrating. Any help to fix this would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos

bassarnoldj
Local Performer

I have no sound every now and then when using my Samsung smart tv.  My model number is UN70TU6985FXZA.  I bought this tv in Oct. 2021.  The funny thing is the ads play reliably but the sound for the songs are interment. 

0 Kudos

MsV
Local Performer
I'm going through my Roku device to listen to Pandora now and that works.
0 Kudos

mpurc
Opening Act
Apparently the problem has FINALLY been fixed.  Now able to open Pandora app on my Samsung TV with full functionality.
0 Kudos