cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV: Pandora stops playing and shuts off TV

deesigner2
Underground

Is anyone else experiencing this? Pandora plays for about 40 min on my NEW Samsung Smart TV.  then it stops and also shuts off my TV! This started happening about a week ago. Updated FW on the TV  and the router, located close to the tv

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @pdsnow! Welcome to community!

Can you tell me a little more about your TV and experience. What is the model and year of your Samsung TV?

When playing Pandora does playback appear to stop, or does the indicator continues but there is no sound? Does it appear that Pandora crashes?

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. The next time this happens, let me know the time and date so I can take a closer look.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deesigner2 To clarify, when you say the TV shuts off, do you mean the app crashes and you are sent back to the home screen on your TV?

Or does your TV completely power down when the music stops, and you have to manually turn it back on again with your remote?

Let me know.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more:

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

pdsnow
Underground

My new Samsung TV and Samsung sound-bar are doing the same thing, they just shut off and I have to power them back up and then it goes back to TV. Not sure why this is happening, it did not happen on my old TCL TV.  I'm use ARC cables, so there shouldn't be any issues, my software is up to date, and I have deleted and reinstalled Pandora. Still having same issue.

TannerPandora

Hi @pdsnow! Welcome to community!

Can you tell me a little more about your TV and experience. What is the model and year of your Samsung TV?

When playing Pandora does playback appear to stop, or does the indicator continues but there is no sound? Does it appear that Pandora crashes?

I've enabled a trace on your account to help investigate. The next time this happens, let me know the time and date so I can take a closer look.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pdsnow
Underground

It's a 55" TV un55au8000fxza with the Samsung B6 soundbar, I've been chatting with Samsung support for a while now and we are trying a number of things. When I play Pandora or another app, the tv and soundbar just shut off and power down. So far, we've reset everything, it still happened. I switched from using HDMI ARC to just a digital cable, and it did not shut off. Right now I'm testing new HDMI cables but happened again. They are thinking there is something wrong with my Soundbar.

deesigner2
Underground
It's not the sound bar. Check apple airplay, it should be ON by default.
My motherboard had to be replaced

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
0 Kudos

pdsnow
Underground

Apple air play on my TV? 

0 Kudos

deesigner2
Underground

All:

Pandora app is still shutting down my samsung TV. I have done a factory reset on the TV. that didn't help. then samsung had the motherboard replaced....and it's still happening.  Samsung does not seem to have level 2 tech heads.  HELP HELP HELP

sorry for the delay. yes, apple airplay is applicable to pandora, whether you have iphone or apple tv or not.

did you disable the soundbar and did the same issue occur?

YES! and in the meantime, samsung has replaced the motherboard, while I had also done a factory reset with no solution.  TV does have the latest fw. 

Have you any solution?

++

It happens with iHeart and Pandora. ONLY music streaming apps. all other apps OK, ie, Netflix, YouTube, etc etc

samsung replaced motherboard, TV is near router. No I am not going to connect with Eth cable. that doesn't make any sense

++

BTW, Samsung absolutely horrible to deal with. And now that there are more of us, Pandora and TV manufacturers need to make their engineers reproduce the problem and have a FW fix.

I feel like I am still working as  a fiber optic network engineer.

++

oh yeahm I checked on all updates too

++

yes under system settings.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts and format

TannerPandora

Hi @deesigner2 - sorry to hear troubleshooting and replacing the motherboard on your TV haven't been helpful. I must admit, this is the first time I've heard of this experiencing happening.

Unfortunately, I don't have any other troubleshooting steps to offer. However, I'm happy to pass this along to our engineering team for further investigation.

Can you please confirm the model number of your Samsung and the year.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

deesigner2
Underground
Purchased july 31 2022

0 Kudos

deesigner2
Underground

yes here is the info: UN55TU7000BXZA  2021 model purchased Aug 1 of this year

BTW, this condition never happened on my LG that I had inherited and used for 2 years

the music app stops and shuts off the entire TV. this does not happen with Netflix, YouTube tv and other apps.

had already done a factory reset, rebooted Cox modem, made sure every device had latest software update.

am a retired Fiber Optic network engineer, so I know many troubleshooting steps. 

am not inclined to try CAT5e cable since even factory default didn't resolve it.

so the scary part is, how can a simple app of any kind turn off a TV??? yikes

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up, @deesigner2! This is very helpful info.

It's very odd that the TV shuts off and this is this first time I'm hearing this kind of experience. I've updated my notes to our engineering team with the information you provided. Thanks for your continued patience while we investigate. 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

deesigner2
Underground

I have to say you pandora guys are so attentive to resolving the issue, Samsung has been horrible to work with. Any new ideas? Gonna sign up for subscription tomorrow 

0 Kudos

deesigner2
Underground
FYI
I connected with CAT5 from tv to router. Still a few shutoff instances, but better.
So pandora/Samsung need to collaborate

0 Kudos

Coolakita
Local Performer

I don’t know if there’s ever been a resolution to this but I bought. My Samsung smart tv a few months ago and the tvs still seem to have this problem of automatically shutting off.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Coolakita Can you please clarify what you mean when you say your TV is automatically shutting off?

Does your TV fully turn off when you are listening to Pandora?

Or is the issue that the music stops in the middle of a song?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Freezyfreakies
Local Performer

This is happening to me as well. It’s been happening for the last couple of weeks. While listening to Pandora, the tv shuts off and it is usually about 40 minutes in (I would agree with the previous comment). When it first started, it was happening much more frequently about 15 minutes in. I turned the screen saver off on the TV in setting and it got better (now at about 40 min). 

im Not technologically inclined at all, but seems like the prior software update has a glitch maybe. Hopefully Pandora and Samsung can get together and figure out a fix. It’s a very annoying bug. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Freezyfreakies. 👋

Thanks so much for providing details around your experience.

• What is the model (and year, if you know) of your Samsung TV?
  • Does the TV completely turn off without being prompted? Or, does the screen go dark and turn off? 

In the meantime, I would recommend making sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos