cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TV - Songs skipping

sportsm0m03
Local Performer

Hello,

I have noticed that while listening to a song, it skips through the song.  Not to the next song but during the song, like the CD is scratched or the player is on its way out.

Is there anything that can be done to fix it?

Thank you,

Debra 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity & personal information

Labels (2)
48 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Peterla I moved your post over to the Other Devices space.

This issue is usually specific to the network you're using to access Pandora, or due to an error on the device itself. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue. 

First, make sure your device has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. To do this, press Menu on your remote and scroll down to Support. Then select Software Update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete.

Next, please try deleting and re-adding the Pandora app from the app store on your Samsung device.

If you're still having the same problem, then please try a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your device), and see if that helps.
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting the device.

You should also contact Samsung directly to troubleshoot your specific device and settings.

You can view their support page here. Or, contact them directly using this link.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

amp5
Local Performer

I also just bought a new Samsung TV this week, using the Pandora app on the TV, and it's skipping like everyone else's above. I had an older Samsung and never had an issue like this. Really bizarre.

0 Kudos

tazza
Underground

Same here -  older Samsung tv did not have this problem.  Bought a brand new Samsung AU800D 65in and have the same skipping issue! Have very good internet speed - have tried everything above as well! Can play Pandora on my iPad right here in front of my tv with no skipping issues at all. So IT DEFINATELY IS A PROBLEM WITH NEWER SAMSUNG TVS!    Pandora PLEASE WORK WITH SAMSUNG AND GET THIS CORRECTED!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tazza I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

J2DaR
Underground

Hello i am still having the issue. Is there any update on this issue?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@J2DaR It looks like our engineering team is still looking into this.

Thanks again for all your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

ccr213
Underground

I read through this entire thread for a solution to the same exact problem that I'm having and it looks like it is definitely a problem with the newer Samsung TVs  because that is exactly what I am experiencing with this Samsung TV. I have two other new ones and haven't tried it on there yet, but I do not have any problems on my phone or in my car or any other place so I'm following this thread to hopefully find a solution to this issue... maybe Pandora needs to needs to do an update to their app?

tv: Q60A

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccr213 I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps: Samsung TV Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

ccr213
Underground
Hi and thank you for your response I have gone through all the steps listed and I am still having the skipping issue thank you
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ccr213 Sorry for the continued trouble. Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

hhoskins
Local Performer

Same issue. How does it know the song is one of my all-time favorites when it decides to skip. Looking forward to a resolution.

Mileskahn2
Underground

Same problem with songs skipping. Brand new Samsung QN90A wired connection, with high speed internet. App on TV skips. App on phone is fine. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mileskahn2 I've gone ahead and enabled a trace on your account. Let's start with some basic troubleshooting.

First make sure your Samsung has the latest firmware by checking for a new update. If an update is available, try loading Pandora again once the update is complete. If you're not sure how to update to the latest firmware please refer to the owners manual for your specific device.

Then, I would recommend a few standard network troubleshooting steps:

• Try connecting directly via an Ethernet cable rather than using Wi-Fi (if you have this option on your Samsung).
  • Try rebooting your modem and router and restarting your Samsung.
  • Try removing and re-adding the Pandora app (if applicable).

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Mileskahn2
Underground
Hey Adam - still skipping after all your suggestions.

Miles Kahn

TannerPandora

Hi @Mileskahn2 Sorry to hear that.

I'd like to pass this along to our engineering team. Can you let me know the model number from the back of the TV? Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mileskahn2
Underground
QN90A (2021 model)

Miles Kahn
www.mileskahn.com

magnolia205
Local Performer

I bought a brand new Samsung Class 7 Series tv back in December 2021.  Got it home, set up, connected internet, and all the apps worked fine.  I had to install Pandora.  NBD.  Got it installed with no problem.  Music starts playing, but the songs start skipping-as in, like a record that skips on a record player.  This has been happening with every single song on every single station.  Came to this community back then and saw where others were having the same issue.  Saw a lot of Pandora Techs telling people to upgrade, uninstall/reinstall the app, sign in/sign out, unplug from here and plug in there, upgrade my router, etc..  You name it.  Well, here I am going on 6 months, and I did all of the suggestions that were fed to others who had zero success with the suggestions given to them, and NONE of them have worked for me either.   Yes, I have Pandora on my phone and in my car.  Yes, they both work fine with no problem.  Yes, my phone has all the updates, and yes, the Pandora app on my phone runs off the same network as my tv, and there’s not a problem.  It’s not my internet provider, as if my provider is prejudice only towards Pandora or something.  Everything else that runs off my network works fine, so no-it’s not my provider.  

SO PANDORA, IT’S NOT THE CONSUMERS.  ITS YOU.  CAN YOU FIX THE PROBLEM ALREADY!?   So sick of this.  I just want to listen to my music without having 70’s flashbacks to scratched records on a turntable.  Fix it already.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@magnolia205 Sorry for the continued trouble. Let's try removing the device association from your account and running through the setup process again to see if that helps.

I've removed the device association from your account. This will automatically sign you out once this change takes effect. Please be patient as this may not happen instantaneously.

Next, click here to select steps specific to your device in order to set up Pandora once more.

If you do not see your device listed, click here for general activation steps.

Let me know if this helps.

0 Kudos

Mileskahn2
Underground
Still skipping. I’ve noticed many other people with the same issue. Is Pandora aware of this bug?

ccr213
Underground

Just replying to boost this post as I am still having the same issue after following all the admin posted responses to correct said skipping issue

0 Kudos