cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screensaver on TVs and other devices

Bkinney2
Underground

Is there any way to set up a screen saver on the Samsung TV or Fire Stick apps? My TV is getting burned in from playing music! Thanks in advance.

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Bkinney2 Thanks for posting your feedback.

At this time, the individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application. 

However, the best way to get ideas like this heard is by posting a feature suggestion in our Feature Request boardI would also recommend reaching out to the manufacturer directly.  

Thanks for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

24 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bkinney2 Thanks for posting your feedback.

At this time, the individual manufacturers are responsible for the implementation of the Pandora application. 

However, the best way to get ideas like this heard is by posting a feature suggestion in our Feature Request boardI would also recommend reaching out to the manufacturer directly.  

Thanks for posting to community! 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

jprzybylko
Local Performer

This is a complete "cop-out"  answer and basically means we cannot use Pandora with modern TVs due to static blue background. I have a sony 2019 OLED running android. It isn't that hard to make an android app that solves this problem. 

monib49
Local Performer

Is there a screen saver you can use on your tv

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@monib49 I moved your post to this thread since you had a similar question.

While there isn't currently an option for a screen saver when streaming Pandora on your TV, I recommend creating a feature request for your suggestion here. 💡

Hoe we continue to see you around the community! 👋🏽

loricam
Local Performer

C'mon Pandora, you need to create this ability. We just bought a $2k Samsung less than three months ago and the screen is burned in from playing the Pandora app on it. This is the main device we play Pandora on. I say if you can't fix it, then you are going to lose a LOT of customers, including us. There can be a way that we should be able to toggle the remote if we want to see who the artist of a song is. It doesn't need to sit there for free advertisement for the artists while it's ruining our very expensive tv sets. 

Klwilson4304
Local Performer

Still waiting for Pandora to actually make a screen saver myself. Burned my last tv. Switched to Spotify and actually like it better since it switches up for the behind the lyrics stuff. Just bought a brand new smart tv and was hoping it would have the Pandora screen saver. Should have known better. Been asking for about 6 years and keep getting the same response. 

jeanmichelchoqu
Underground

Really Pandora? No screensaver!!!!

That’s a very bad deal...indeed. Fed up by night with that bright blue screen! A blanket on the screen is not an option... Just allow smart tvs to turn on their own screensavers while playing Pandora

Starstream
Local Performer

Connect a ROKU streaming stick to one of the smart tv's HDMI ports and run pandora thru it. ROKU has a screen saver on its Pandora app. A 39 dollar ROKU will save your 2000 dollar Samsung screen. Kind of frustrating but it works.

0 Kudos

CupcakeS5
Local Performer

This make zero sense whatsoever. There USED to be a Screensaver on Samsung TVs with Pandora, it was the album art with the artist and title text floating around the screen with a black background. Now suddenly it no longer does it. But a TV at a hotel I stayed in the other night had the exact screen saver, not sure what brand it was. But the point being, Samsung TVs have had it before so where did it go?

MiamiFish
Local Performer

Because Pandora does not have a setting for a screen saver and Amazon's TV firestick's screensaver

does not function with Pandora is playing, Pandora REALLY needs to provide a screensaver to keep

the screen images in motion so the screen doesn't burn in.  I am trying pixel restore and hope it

works, but will have

to cancel my subscription to Premium unless Pandora does something to address this issue

0 Kudos

sootie
Local Performer

I recently got a Roku soundbar and the floating album cover appears after 5 minutes or so. I did not have this feature when playing Pandora through the app on my Sony smart TV. It must be connected to the particular streaming device.

0 Kudos

Kelemvor
Local Performer

I use Pandora through the fire stick app on many of my TVs. The Pandora app used to have a screensaver built in years ago. Then, it seems like they removed it and for some reason. This has nothing to do with the fire stick and everything to do with Pandora's app for the fire stick. Stop blaming other people and fix your app Pandora.

0 Kudos

Modify_inc
Local Performer

I'm using Chromcast to cast Pandora's website to my TV from my laptop.  I noticed though, the webpage is fairly static, meaning the images on the page do not change/update/move about the page. I'm concerned if I continue playing Pandora on my TV, the static images could cause image burn. A music visualizer would be great!

So do you guys have a recommendation for avoiding this? Is there a feature on the website that I may be overlooking that I need to enable?

0 Kudos

eff-ewe
Underground

I voted for this issue on the feature request board. One workaround for Fire TV is to go to the Fire TV home page. Pandora keeps playing and the screensaver comes on after a few minutes. It's not a great solution, though, because the TV eventually goes to sleep and stops playing the music.

0 Kudos

paulg
Local Performer

We have two Sony TV's. An older unit, which is more that 10 years old, and a newer XBR85X950H. The Pandora ap on the old Sony goes into screen saver mode after several minutes, with the album graphic floating around on the screen. But, with the 950H, there is no screen saver.
I know this is a concern to many other Pandora subscribers, and it seems there is no fix for this, so I get around the problem by turning the picture off.
My question is, who develops the Pandora aps? Pandora or Sony? Or is it a third party?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@paulg I moved your post over to this existing thread: Screensaver on TVs and other devices

If you'd like to see the screensaver added to other devices, make sure to upvote this existing feature request with a ❤️Screensaver for in-home devices

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Kelemvor
Local Performer

So are you saying that it's up to Amazon to allow the Pandora app change to a Screensaver type mode when playing music on a Fire TV?  Netflix goes to a screensaver type mode if I'm not watching anything for a while.  It shows information about other shows I could watch.  Then it goes back to the normal Netflix interface if I press a button.  Why can't Pandora do the same thing?  It used to, years ago, but then stopped.

0 Kudos

josephi
Local Performer

Just bought a new Sony OLED TV and soundbar setup and I don't want any burn in on my TV so I'm going to uninstall Pandora.  Pity.

0 Kudos

davidwdraper
Local Performer

There are too many music options out there. Good bye Pandora, not worth wrecking my tv.

0 Kudos