Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sonos S1 - Problem connecting to Pandora

karendonna
Underground

Sonos App Info:  11.2.3

Sonos OS:  S1

Build 57381090

For years we've had no issues with listening Pandora via Sonos.

Over the past few days upon trying to listen to Pandora via Sonos consistently get 'Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to Pandora'.

We re-authorized the Pandora account multiple times.  We have paid our Pandora bill. Devices are on the same wireless.  Able to listen to both Radio Tune In and Apple Music via Sonos with zero issues.

Please help.

thank you

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaronzink
Underground

We have the same problem. I captured some packets and I'm seeing a lot of TCP retransmits to sonos.pandora.com. All other services play fine so I'm pretty sure it's a problem on the pandora side. I've contacted support and waiting to hear back. I have the pcaps if if helps their support.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
23 Replies

Aaronzink
Underground

We have the same problem. I captured some packets and I'm seeing a lot of TCP retransmits to sonos.pandora.com. All other services play fine so I'm pretty sure it's a problem on the pandora side. I've contacted support and waiting to hear back. I have the pcaps if if helps their support.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Aaronzink and @karendonna! Thanks for posting to community and for reporting this issue with Sonos. 

@Aaronzink I see that you've emailed our User Support team. If it's alright with you, I'm happy to help here in community. 

I’ve enabled a trace on your accounts to help us better understand what’s happening. Would you both mind replicating this issue while the trace in enabled and letting me know the time and date. 

In the meantime, I've created a report and passed this on to our engineering team to further investigation. 

Thanks for the help and sorry for any inconvenience. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

karendonna
Underground

Sure thing - I just replicated the issue.  Monday November 23, 2020 between 4:10 and 4:15 pm pacific.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thank you @karendonna! This is very helpful. I update my report with this info. 

Keep an eye out on this thread, I'll be making updates as they are made available to me. 

Thanks again for your patience in the meantime. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aaronzink
Underground

I just replicated the issue as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Aaronzink! Do you happen to remember the time and date? This helps when we're looking through the logs. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Aaronzink
Underground

Oops, sorry about that. I don't remember the exact time but I just re-replicated the problem at 11:10 PT on 11/24

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Perfect, thank you! @Aaronzink 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

karendonna
Underground

thank you for this.  any idea how long it may take to review the trace files?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @karendonna - Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline yet. I do know that it is being investigated. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

karendonna
Underground

Hi, Sunday Nov 29 7:55am pacific I'm listening to Pandora via Sonos. Great news!

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@karendonna Glad to hear things are back up and running again.

If this continues to be an issue down the line, please make sure to reach back out to us and let us know.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

karendonna
Underground

thank you.  Unfortunately I am getting the issue again now - 6:15am pacific Monday Nov 30.  When I try to get to Pandora via Sonos app on my iPhone, 'unable to browse music'.  It was working fine last night.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @karendonna.

I have provided your update to our engineering team - thanks again for all your patience as they continue to look into this. 

0 Kudos

Aaronzink
Underground

This issue is still ongoing for me as well. Any update would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos

Freeloader
Local Performer

Having the same problem; "unable to connect to Pandora"  message.  It's been going on for a long time.  Are you going to fix this or do I have to change to Spotify?  Which I don't want to do.

0 Kudos

rcaccia
Local Performer

I have the same problem: Pandora no longer works on Sonos. I've tried deleting and re-adding my account, rebooting devices, etc. Since we only listen to Pandora via Sonos, this has rendered my Pandora subscription useless. Pandora, help!

0 Kudos

Aaronzink
Underground

Thanks @TannerPandora . It's been broken for over 6 weeks and since Sonos is the only device I use Pandora for, I've found other services and will contact support for a prorated refund. I do appreciate your help but without a timeline I had to move on. Good luck on investigating the issue.

jillboyett
Local Performer

I am having the same problem using Pandora on Sonos.  I have tried all the same steps as rcaccia.  Assume I just need to use a different music software?  I hear that Deezer and YouTube music are very good.  Not hearing Pandora doing anything useful - so may need to change.

0 Kudos