cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sony TV - Error Message: Internet browser will be closed due to internal issues"

scioto
Local Performer

i have a Sony TV model: KDL-55W900A and it has an integrated Pandora app within the TV. when accessing the app it loads on the TV and then the message" Internet browser will be closed due to internal issues" appears preventing access to the Pandora app that is playing in the background

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
54 Replies

jiji
Local Performer

The error shows as soon as the app opens.

The music keeps playing in the background of the error screen.

unable to change stations, or move around the app, though.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jiji Thanks so much for providing those helpful details.

I've gone ahead and passed this information along to our engineering team. 

Appreciate your patience while they work on this!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Andyppandy
Local Performer

Hello! Any update yet? @TannerPandora 

0 Kudos

gagnoncottage
Local Performer

Same issue with my Sony Bravia KDL55W700B for over a month.  Sony software is  up to date.  Can not find means to reinstall the Pandora app.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gagnoncottage Our engineers are currently looking into this issue.

They have requested we gather some additional details from you - please let me know:

1. How long after the app starts up does the message occur? Does the message appear at startup or after the music has started?
  2. Does the music start playing and continue to play during the message?
  3. The year of your Sony Bravia device

We appreciate you working with us on this! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Andyppandy Our engineers are still looking into this issue.

Thank you for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

0 Kudos

pureGrit
Local Performer

Tanner, I have the same problems as scioto.  I've done everything you suggested except using the ethernet cable, but I've never had to use that before during many years with Pandora.  The problems persist.  I can't listen to Pandora now, and really miss it.  Do you have other suggestions?

0 Kudos

pureGrit
Local Performer

Adam, I've tried all of Tanner's suggestions, and still cannot use the app.  

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pureGrit Our engineers are aware of this issue and are currently looking into it.

Please follow up with the information @TannerPandora requested in his message above, and we will be happy to escalate your feedback along to our engineers. 

0 Kudos

Affgator
Local Performer

I recently started having this same issue. I have a Sony BlueRay player as well and accessed Pandora in this way with no issues. However I did have messages to upgrade the app and the internet connection. Which I have never gotten while using the TV. 

0 Kudos

limpy
Local Performer

No help

0 Kudos

pureGrit
Local Performer

Adam , the email you sent to me merely restated the advice offered by Tanner.  Unfortunately, none of these leave your customers able to use your app.  

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to thank you all for taking the time to post your experience on community. Our engineers are continuing to work hard to investigate this issue with Sony. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide any additional updates or a timeline as to when you can expect to see a fix released.

Please rest assured that this issue is being worked on and I will post updates to this thread as they are made available to me. 

We appreciate your continued patience and for sticking with us through this process. ❤️

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

limpy
Local Performer

I have same problem 

mod edit: format

0 Kudos

Andyppandy
Local Performer

@TannerPandora  it now says it as soon as you click Pandora open. At least before we could listen to the 1 channel it’s been stuck on. It’s been months since this forum started going and no end in sight other than “we are working on it.” There has to be many more people out there with the same issue that haven’t found this forum or haven’t posted on it but periodically check for updates. It just shouldn’t take this long to get us back to enjoying Pandora. Where do we escalate this? 

0 Kudos

russvirescens
Local Performer

Hello Adam, I appreciate your teams effort in resolving this issue. I am writing on behalf of my parents in law, as they subscribe to Pandora primarily to use on their Sony TV. Because of this issue, they have been unable to use your service except on their phones, and have been considering canceling their subscription since a fix has not been provided. They asked me to try and fix it since I am a bit more technical than they are. 

Insofar, I have only uninstalled the Pandora app, performed a Sony Bravia TV update, and opened the application with a direct Ethernet connection. I saw earlier suggestions to reset cookies on the Opera browser that is set up on the Sony TV but don't see how this helps? Is the Pandora application using the Opera internet browser? Additionally, I attempted to navigate to the Pandora web page on the internet browser application and received several alerts that the connection was not safe. 

I'm hesitant to reset cookies or DNS settings in an attempt to give your engineering team some more information. I expect that this issue should be easily replicable, and shouldn't require such a complicated fix. To be honest, the application appears to work, it's just that there are some settings regarding the connection which throws the internal error flag up with Sony. And based on the fact that this error has occurred with a lot of other applications, I'm certain the issue is not with Pandora, but with Sony or with whatever program their applications use when establishing a secure connection. That being said, a lot of people are probably blaming Pandora as well for not isolating the error.

I do appreciate your responsiveness on this forum, even if a solution has not been provided yet and understand you are working to provide a solution. So I'll answer your questions to add some information to the ticket hopefully.

1. How long after the app starts up does the message occur? Does the message appear at startup or after the music has started?

-The message pops up almost immediately. The music starts just before. Additionally, the only option is to return back to home. When clicking return, you can see the Pandora application interface. Additionally, it's playing a channel from the user's profile, suggesting that everything is working fine but is throwing up a flag because of some connection settings which prompts the Sony interface to force the user to close the application, even though the application clearly is working. 

1. Does the music start playing and continue to play during the message?

Yes and it continues for a second after choosing the only option. 

1. The year of your Sony Bravia device

Not sure but it's a KDL70w830b.

I hope this helps. 

-Russ

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@russvirescens Thank you for providing us with that information.

Unfortunately, this issue is still being investigated by our engineers.

Please keep an eye out on this thread, as @TannerPandora will providing an update for you all once this has officially been resolved.

We appreciate your patience in the meantime! 

0 Kudos

Izo
Local Performer

I’ve been having the exact same issue on my TV. The app says internet browser will be closed due to internal error, however, it will start playing music But I can’t change the station or do anything. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Izo! Thank for posting to community. Sorry for any trouble with Pandora on your Sony TV. 

Our engineers are currently working with Sony to resolve this. Unfortunately, I don't have a timeline yet, but will be posting updates as they are made available to me here. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

celes
Local Performer

Tried all the suggestions made thus far, right down to deleting and adding your app back again and it's all still a no-go.  I guess I will now join the throng of other Pandora users who will await something further.  

It's a real shame as I loved you!  But, until you figure it out, I'll just try some new apps and put Pandora on my back burner. 

0 Kudos