cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Google Voice Causes Casting Notifications on Phone

rockworm
Underground

Ever since I got my google nest mini, and started saying "hey google, play my xyz on pandora" I keep getting constant notifictions on my phone that Pandora is casting...

Typical scenario:

- I say "Hey google, play my xyz playlist on pandora".

- Music starts

- Later I say ok google, stop, and it does.

- It seems like nothing I do after that can cease the pandora notifications on my phone, even unplugging the nest mini.  I also fear my network is slower, even though no music is playing.

How can I fix this?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @rockworm! Thanks for posting. 

Can you do me a favor and please share a screenshot of the notifications on your phone?

Just to clarify, when you stop playing music through your Google Home, do you continue to receive the notifications that Pandora is casting?

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rockworm
Underground

I'll upload a screenshot of the next notification I get.  And yes, when I tell google home to stop playing, I keep getting notifications throughout the day on my phone.

0 Kudos

rockworm
Underground

So two things.

First: After 24 hours of not using the nest, and my phone being physically off.  I powered up my phone and used my phone google assistant to ask about weather.  It told me the weather and than started pandora...  LOL.  Or at least started playing whatever was already being cast???

Secondly, here is the notification I promised:

rockworm_0-1607530677153.png

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the screenshot, @rockworm

We've heard reports of Google Assistant activating Pandora. We are currently investigating this. 

I haven't seen the notification continuing to show after the playback has stopped on a separate device. Just to clarify, the notification is the same song or does it just randomly update with new songs after you've stopped listening on your Google Home?

What is expected is that Android may detect that your phone and Google Home device are on the same network and sends notifications to your phone because of that. 

In the meantime, I've collected your account info and I've passed this along to our engineering team so they can take a closer look.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rockworm
Underground

I think it is the same notification.  But sometimes it thinks its pause, sometimes it thinks it is playing.  It was really weird when it started playing when I asked google for the weather.

I bring any of this up, because my bandwidth seems worse (LAN) since installing the nest mini, and I'm worried I am streaming pandora when I'm not listening.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @rockworm! I included your feedback about the bandwidth since installing Google Next Mini on my report.

I did peek at your listening sessions and I'm not seeing anything super unusual on my end though.  

Keep me updated if anything changes. Thank you! 🙂

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

rockworm
Underground

So I am continuing to get that very same notification, over and over.  I've used and stopped pandora since then.  The same song, the same picture.  Over and over throughout the last couple of days.

From today:

rockworm_0-1607873338001.png

0 Kudos