cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One: Crashes in the background

MediaMonkey
Local Performer

Hello, on my new Series X, the Pandora app loads and plays perfectly when it's running as the main app.  However, if I select a game to play to have Pandora playing in the background music, the app crashes within seconds of the game launching.  This happens across different games.  I've already uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times and shut down and booted up the xbox from total shutdown multiple times.  Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
62 Replies

WORK2PLAY
Local Performer

I am sorry to read about your issue. I to came reading for a fix. No luck on fix. I would like to reply to share my temporary I use until update. 

Xbox one ran pandora and games simultaneously. 

Upgraded xbox series x, does not run IF I background pandora and open a game.

My temporary solution:  listen to one entire song on your pandora channel. After your new song changes load your game.  Pandora doesnt close out and you can resume to ti game with music like normal including skips and thumb votes. 

Hope it helps you too while we wait for our hotfix.  Good luck 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @WORK2PLAY! Thanks for posting your experience. 

We aware of this issue and working on it. I'd like to include your info on our ticket. Can you reply with the following info:

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

DarkSorrow
Local Performer

Over a month since the Series X|S has been out and still no fix? What’s the deal. Mine crashes on the Series X as well when I leave it in the background. 

0 Kudos

Yesbrandon
Local Performer

I have the same issue, Pandora is unplayable on the Xbox series x while playing any game

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Yesbrandon We aware of this issue and working on it. I'd like to include your info on our ticket. Can you reply with the following info:

The next time this happens, please make note of the last track that was playing before the app crashes.

Also, could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

Also, what version of the Pandora app are you on? (You can find that in the Pandora app in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Yesbrandon
Local Performer

You Sir are a hero, works every time. It was really starting to grind my gears

0 Kudos

Mendacity13
Local Performer

The crashing seems to be part of how xbox series x works with it's instant on function. The system seems to be stopping pandora whenever a new app gets launched and no longer seems to support multiple apps running at the same time. I turn on pandora to work around the house and run a screen saver. Sometimes the Screensaver works with pandora,  sometimes pandora shuts down and I have to re-launch.

Pandora usually works on the 2nd attempt and will stay running. I have not attempted to run pandora while playing games.

Is there a way to add a Screensaver function to the pandora xbox series x app?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Mendacity13! Thanks for posting. 

We aware of this issue and working on it. I'd like to include your info on our ticket. Can you reply with the following:

Could you tell me what OS version your Xbox One is on? (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info.)

For your screensaver feedback, we do have a current feature request for a screensaver on Xbox. You can find it here. Feel free to upvote the idea and/or add a comment. 

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

SaTanNtheFlesh
Local Performer

Dude thank you so much lol 

0 Kudos

Ryan47
Local Performer

Hey just curious as if there’s an update to this still have the same problem where as pandora doesn’t function in the background and closes out immediately. Just seeing if a fix is close to being figured out or not 

0 Kudos

Treaves
Local Performer

This worked for me.  Thank you so much!! I can now resume AC in style :).

0 Kudos

stampedfish
Local Performer

Tanner, 

Mine is doing the same thing, If you still need the info. I can let you know, looks like you need console info and version of pandora. 

0 Kudos

DOITLIVE
Local Performer

I just got the series x and I also have this problem.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @stampedfish and @Ryan47! Thanks for posting. 

We're actively investigating this issue with the help of Xbox team. 

I'm happy to add your info to our ticket. Please include:

• The model of your device
  • The OS version (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info)
  • The Pandora version (You can find that in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DOITLIVE! Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear this is happening. 

I'm happy to add your info to our ticket. Can you let me know the following:

• The OS version (To find that, go to Settings > System Console info)
  • The Pandora version (You can find that in Settings, underneath Terms of Use.)

Thanks for your patience while we investigate. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Jagsta
Local Performer

The considerable trick someone posted about going into the app and when the screen shows up with Pandora  Marquis immediately exit.  Go home or to another game Pandora will play.  I did that and I went back into the app then I accident album app now on main screen it's playing just fine that must be the trick for it.  Pandora app playing while game is activated it's doing fine for me. 

Monoxide
Local Performer

I found a easier solution after the app crashs if it still crashs after backing out on blue screen then hit the middle menu button, hover over pandora where its glitched and acts like your still listening showing in your recent apps then click y to skip song then press x untill its playing and shows the correct song, then if you want to pause or skip do it tbat way by hovering over the app and hitting x or y to pause or skip, this method hasnt failed me yet.

0 Kudos

RenataAshe
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue. Annoying when you pay a subscription and it keeps crashing. I've noticed this in 2019 and my partner has the same exact issue. Happened on all Xbox consoles ALL new and old generation consoles and at anytime the app is opened. You guys need to talk to the people in charge of the Pandora music app on xbox and fix this issue. Plus the quick function on the xbox home/dash that has what music is playing, does not update the song. Not a complete issue but still Annoying from when the app actually worked. Phone apps crash but updates are more frequent on those devices, why not update all Pandora music apps on all devices frequently. Just my two cents!

Tired of Pandora apps crashing

0 Kudos

Dreadnock
Local Performer

It's not just him having iuses the xbox version needs to be fixed or updated

0 Kudos

Knight_Knight
Local Performer

Dealing with the same crash issue on my console too. Judging by the number of inquires, this has been quite the issue for awhile now.

Xbox Series X

OS- 10.0.19041.7772

Pandora App- 3.0.0 |static 

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos