cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox One: Crashes in the background

MediaMonkey
Local Performer

Hello, on my new Series X, the Pandora app loads and plays perfectly when it's running as the main app.  However, if I select a game to play to have Pandora playing in the background music, the app crashes within seconds of the game launching.  This happens across different games.  I've already uninstalled and re-installed the app multiple times and shut down and booted up the xbox from total shutdown multiple times.  Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
62 Replies

Starry
Local Performer

Yep.  It's almost not worth bothering with the xbox or the win10 app in my experience, which is sad because I still love Pandora.

Worked great on win11 for whatever that's worth.

0 Kudos

RustySwords
Underground

Pandora ain’t available for Xbox series x now 🤦‍♂️

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @RustySwords! Happy Thursday and thanks for posting. 

Can you clarify your experience? Does the Pandora app not appear on your device any longer?

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RustySwords
Underground
It work now sorry my Xbox series x had a issue I just had to reinstall it

TannerPandora

Thanks for letting me know, @RustySwords! Thought maybe something had happened. 😓

Have a great Friday! 🙌🏻

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Chaos360
Local Performer

I’m having the same problem also 

0 Kudos

RustySwords
Underground
Do u have a external hard drive that was my problem I just had to reinstall
it n it work best of luck

derceto7
Local Performer

Same problem for me and also my friend. Seems to be getting worse not better.

0 Kudos

RustySwords
Underground
My problem was my External hard drive I just had to unplug it n reply got
back in how I got mines to work
0 Kudos

derceto7
Local Performer

I uninstalled and reinstalled to internal hd and still having the issues.

0 Kudos

ItsEd252
Local Performer

everytime I have pandora as a background app it crashes not only stopping my music but also cutting my game play or crashing my current game and continues to play. I've reinstalled it multiple times with no effect. I paid too much for my series x  to worry about this problem that only pandora seems to have smh

0 Kudos

jubkhk
Local Performer

Yeah, that's kinda gay. Just a little bit.

0 Kudos

KnK
Local Performer

Got a brand new xbox for Xmas and am having this issue on my series S.  Uninstalled and reinstalled.  This is very disappointing for this to have been a problem since launch and still continues.  Used the temp fix posted by that guy.  Seems to be working for now but we would really like an update beyond "We are aware and looking into this issue" as it has been Several months since this thread was first addressed. 

0 Kudos

Juju919
Local Performer

Pandora for the love of all that is holy please update the pandora app on xbox. It’s been the same for years now. It is not user friendly, the ui is so unorganized and it crashes sooooo much. It’s my go to app for music on xbox but sometimes i just avoid it because i know it’ll crash or just stop playing randomly.

Please and thank you.

0 Kudos

freshxdough
Local Performer

Are there any updates to this? this issue has been plaguing xbox for over a year now. Its very consistent that pandora crashes several time each time it is started. Only after its crashed two or three times will it somehow stay on but still be messed up on the xbox menu for skipping songs or even seeing the currently playing music. Is there anything that can be done??

0 Kudos

TeleKenephews
Local Performer

Just want to say that I am also experiencing this issue. It's now over 1.5 years since the OP and no actual fix??? C'mon guys I know there's employees that have the Xbox Series consoles. You've got to be able to figure this out with a console locally. Heck, I'd just send mine to you if I knew that would lead to an actual fix. 

0 Kudos

TouchmyNuke
Local Performer

I’m on OS version 10.0.22000.4976 and I have reinstalled pandora but still crashes when I try to let it run in the background but have luck everyone once in a while it will stay running in the background but here lately it won’t just continue to crash repeatedly 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TouchmyNuke Your feedback has now been added to the ticket we have open with the engineers who are looking into this.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

Popinmarys
Local Performer

I am paying for Pandora also so I can listen to music in the background while playing games it crashes constantly when playing the new NHL 23 either NHL crashes or Pandora crashes don't know what I'm paying for here time to stop paying for Pandora i guess 

0 Kudos

derceto7
Local Performer

I've been having the problem for years now (clearly considering the original date of post) and still no update or fix.  Microsoft wants to blame pandora and pandora wants to blame Xbox. It's very frustrating. It's a conflict between pandora and your game music. 

That said, I have found a workaround that helps most of the time.  Load pandora so it's icon appears on the left when you hit big x. Play pandora. Load your game. Hit the big x go to the pandora and hit x to pause it then x to unpause then you can go back to your game and it should be good there out.

(You'll have to do this every time you play a new game) 

0 Kudos