cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha Device: "Access Error" Message

YamahaMCuser
Underground

I'm experiencing  the same "Access Error" across all (3) of my Yamaha devices all of a sudden - I can play Pandora fine on my PC through web page, and on my phone with Pandora app.  This just started happening for no apparent reason.  Network access from my Yamaha's is fine as they can play Internet radio stations just fine. I can't even log back in/or out - the Yamaha just refuses to even try to connect with "Access error" . I find it difficult to believe all three of my Yamaha Musiccast devices failed at the same time, this must have something to do with my Pandora account?

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
364 Replies

duke7211
Local Performer

Well... It happened again. Can you please do what you do to get it working? Thanks

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @duke7211 - Consider it done. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

pvstansel
Local Performer

Hello, I have a Yamaha Receiver V681 and am suddenly getting "Unable to access Pandora". I'm getting this error on both my iPhone and iPad apps. Is this something you can provide help with?

0 Kudos

stansel
Local Performer

Hello, I'm experiencing the problem as described in this thread. Receiver is a Yamaha RX-V681. Please advise. Thank you.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @stansel and @pvstansel - thanks for posting, sorry to hear about your experience.

Some users have reported that removing the connection between your Pandora account and Yamaha has helped them. I've gone ahead and removed this connection from my end. When it takes affect, you'll automatically be logged out. Please note that this may not happen immediately, we appreciate your patience.

If you continue to have trouble, I recommend power cycling your device by unplugging it for a few minutes, and then plugging it back in.

Let me know if you continue to have trouble.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

stansel
Local Performer

Problem fixed. Thank you TannerPandora.

I did need to power off the Yamaha for a few minutes.

For your awareness, prior to doing what you did on your end, I could not find a way to delete and re-create my pandora account w/i the Yamaha interface.

I very much appreciate your accurate responses and timeliness .

TannerPandora

Glad that helped, @stansel. Let us know if you continue to have trouble. Happy Friday! 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ngocvin
Local Performer

I'm getting Access Error when I switch ISP from CCI to Xfinity.

I've tried to logout on all devices and hope it will resolve my issue after 4 hours.?

Please help.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @ngocvin, Thanks for posting!

I've moved your post to an existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error"

I see that you've signed into your Yamaha device, do you still need help?

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport

ngocvin
Local Performer

Hi @GeraldPandora,

It works.

Odd that I didn't have any issue when I switched ISP before.

Now I know what to do.

paintman161
Local Performer

Hello - I’m not sure which account is associated with my Yamaha device but we cannot get pandora to connect (now for 2 years) and I miss my pandora over my speakers.  Can you help me by eliminating the associations with our multiple accounts to see if this helps?  

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @paintman161 

Thank you so much for letting us know!

Since it's possible that you have multiple accounts associated with this Yamaha device, I escalated your issue to our team via email.

Please note, we do not share email addresses publicly on the Community for privacy reasons.

Keep an eye out for their email soon.

Gerald | Community Moderator
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Rfichter
Local Performer

Just recently, my pandora has been cutting-out on both of my Yamaha Rx-v675 receivers. I’m getting an “access error” message. It’s been working great for years. The firmware is updated. Any help is greatly appreciated.

***Update:  I reset my router and modem and my Pandora is working. 

TannerPandora

Hi  @Rfichter! Thanks for posting.

I moved your message over to an existing thread: Yamaha - Error message: "Access Error" 

Other users have mentioned that removing the Yamaha connection from their Pandora account and signing back in has helped resolve this for them. I'm happy to do this for you on my end or if you'd like to do it yourself, you can log out of ALL devices from a computer by using the steps below. Please keep in mind that this will log you out every where.

• Click on your Profile in the top right corner of the page and then selecting Settings.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on Log out of all other devices.
  • Enter your password and then Log out.

Keep in mind that it may take some time before the change will reflect on your other devices.

If you'd prefer that I do this for you, let me know. Thanks!

++

Just saw your update! Glad to hear it's working, let me know if you continue to have trouble. 🙌

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ValW
Local Performer

I am having the same access error on my Yamaha receiver when trying to play Pandora. Can you help me? 🙏🏻

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ValW It looks like you may have changed the email address your account is registered under.

Please contact our support team directly, and they will be happy to further assist.

You can send them a message here.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

youronthewater
Local Performer

I am also getting "access error" on my yamaha rx-A1080. Can I get someone in support to remove this device association to see if that resolves the issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @youronthewater! Welcome to community. 👋

I checked your Pandora account and it looks like you may have already gone ahead and removed the devices associated with your Pandora account.

Let me know if you have trouble logging back in. Hope that helps to resolve the access error with your Yamaha.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Questusa
Local Performer

Could you please help me too? Same issue on Yamaha receiver. 
thank you

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Questusa Sure thing - we've gone ahead and removed the Yamaha association from your account.

Please try again and let us know if you continue to experience issues with this.

0 Kudos