cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yamaha - T-Mobile ad-free weekend results in "Access Error" message

rickemmanuel
Local Performer

Same issue. Getting the "access error" message on Yamaha TSR-7810. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Jreadytx
Underground

Hey all.  Just curious.  I have been doing some testing after seeming to have have issues on weekends only.  It would not work on Saturday or Sunday but worked fine the following Monday.  For me I have narrowed it down to when I have the T-Mobile weekends ad free.  If I do not accept the ad free weekend, I do not seem to have an issue.  If I take the free weekend BEFORE I try to listen through my Yamaha, I get the access error.  If I connect with the Yamaha before I accept the ad free weekend, it seems to work fine.  Anybody else seeing anything similar?

rickemmanuel
Local Performer

Yes! Identical issue here. Thanks so much for narrowing this down Jreadytx. Had a feeling it had to do with T-mobile's ad free weekends as things worked just fine until I redeemed the ad free weekend option on the "free Tuesdays" T-Mobile app on my phone. Now hopefully Tanner can escalate this to get the issue resolved.

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground

Nice job!  That is exactly the problem I have been having. I switched over to Tmobile several months ago and the issue started when I started accessing the ad free weekends.

0 Kudos

aalvarado1
Local Performer

I have the same problem my  Yamaha RV-X671 shows a connection error  but all other   internet  functions work as expected,  can you help ?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @rickemmanuel @Jreadytx @ca_spin @aalvarado1 - Thanks for posting!

@rickemmanuel  and @Jreadytx  Do you only get the "Access Error" when trying to redeem the T-Mobile ad-free weekend? Otherwise, you're able to access Pandora without issue?

@ca_spin and @aalvarado1 Can you confirm if you're receiving this error when trying to redeem the T-Mobile ad-free weekends? 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

aalvarado1
Local Performer
I only redeem the t mobile special on my cell phone , all other devices PC , Roku, Tablets, Samsung TV play Pandora without any issue , the Yamaha Receiver is the only one showing the problem

Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi all! Thanks for confirming.

Since this is a little different than the experience of other users on the previous thread. I've created a new thread: Yamaha - T-Mobile ad-free weekend results in "Access Error" message

I've created a ticket and passed your experiences along to our engineering team for further review.

For anyone else that may be running into this, feel free to post in this thread and I'll add you to ticket. 

Thanks you all for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground

Yes that is correct.

0 Kudos

ca_spin
Underground

Everything has been working swimmingly on my Yamaha until I tried to utilize my ad free weekend with my Tmobile phone account.  Once again, Pandora is not working on my Yamaha. There seems to be a problem with the weekend ad free option through Tmobile, Yamaha and Pandora. 

0 Kudos

jp9
Local Performer

I am still getting an access error on my Yamaha receiver during T-Mobile free weekends. It works during the week. Is there a fix yet?

In my situation, I get the access error even when I have not logged into the pandora app and accepted the add free weekend. 

Moderator Edit: Merge post

0 Kudos