Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adds

Local Performer

The "nah not for me" add makes me want to listen to iheartradio

Re: Ads on free account

Local Performer

We wouldn't have to skip tracks if Pandora was more in tune with what we like. I have several instrumental stations, yet Pandora tries to play rap or hip hop...if I wanted to listen to that I would add that to my station myself, thank you very much. And that's the only time I skip tracks. Yet, every 20 minutes or approximately three songs, I get a double set of ads. As of January 2020 I was able to listen for almost an hour without an ad, and even when an ad was played it was only one. So ads have literally tripled in less than 2 months. I'll find a new service before I pay for yours. Just the fact that Pandora tries to force music that isn't even close to the stations you've created is annoying enough to make me want to leave.

ADS

Local Performer

I get that Pandora has ads because that is why we get to listen to free music but the amount of ads that happen at one time is ridiculous. I would be perfectly fine with listening to one 15 sec or even 30 sec ad after every 5 or so songs but when you skip one song and then you have to listen to 2 or 3 ads and then you listen to one song and then there are more ads absolutely makes me never want to use pandora. It is way to many ads that most people do not want to hear. 

Re: ADS

Thanks for the feedback @jadasjcbus1232! I've moved your message to a current thread on this subject: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know - I've passed this on to our ads department. 

Thanks for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

pandora's forced ad's

Underground

well over the past i'd say 5 year's i have noticed alot more ad's like i listen to 2 song's get 2 ad's then it goes to one song an then i get a advertisement about the artist an then another ad about a product well because of this form of forced premium i had to look for a way to get by it without having to pay for the premium and i found a way and yea i could pay the 4.99 a month but the last time i did that i tried to cancel my premium because i was going to be short in my bank account and even tho i requested my premium to stop you guy's still took the 4.99 which in turn bounced my bank account an your premium ended up cost me $80 and don't say i must've cancelled too late because i cancelled 2 week's before my next payment so since then i feel pandora screwed me and with me finding a new way to get around the ad's i feel it's pay back ...i love pandora been using it for year's and i probably still will now that i can get by your stupid **ahem** premiums ....i know i shouldn't have mentioned this but i feel you guy's needed to know how i feel about it and how i plan on avoiding being screwed again

Re: Local commercials

Local Performer

Stop sending me commercials please delete delete and delete 

0 Kudos

Re: Local commercials

@palessio I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Also, did you know we offer a couple of ad-free music options? Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stream at a higher quality, and come with a number of other benefits you might find attractive. For instance, Plus features include unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free. 

Hope this helps! 

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

Ad Frequency

Local Performer

I listen to Alternative, Classical Radio, 90's R&B, Luther Vandross Radio, Today's Hits, 90's Hits, etc. I noticed that when I stream 90's R&B and 2000's R&B, I am inundated with ads. The inundation is obscene. I find that when I listen to Alternative Radio, System of A Down Radio, Staind Radio, Korn Radio, I do not experience the same inundation of advertisements. Last, the quality of the Advertisements played on the R&B radio stations is crude, base--they pander to a flat or static intelligence. What can be done about this? How do I make this stop? Ordering Plus or Premium is an option, but doing so does not answer the why--why those ads so frequently? Why those banal, vapid, unimaginative ads?

0 Kudos

Re: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Local Performer

There's a reason why I went from using this service daily down to only once or twice a month. I get hit with 2 ads after every other song--sometimes after even one song--without even skipping. Nice try Pandora, this isn't going to make me pay for a subscription. I'd rather use Spotify with less time wasted on ads.

0 Kudos

Re: Ads on free account

Local Performer

Thank you AdamPandora,

I recently noticed a TON of ads, almost a one to one ratio with music. after reading your feed back I realized the why.
I've recently started shuffling stations because I'm, hopefully, training thumbprint radio to several artists I've recently discovered.

one bit of feedback; because changing stations triggers more ads a disclaimer pop up the first time a person selects "shuffle stations" in, say a month, would be very advantageous.
Several day I've been force closing Pandora on my phone because of 2 ads, 1 song, 2 ads, and if I'd know that it was because of shuffling stations I'd have just stuck with one station at a time.

0 Kudos

Re: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Local Performer

Yep, same. Song, commercial, song, commercial. Jesus. Right now I'm streaming it via the "app" on my LG TV. Watching it skip two or three excellent songs then commercial. Song, skip two or three, commercial...repeat.

0 Kudos