cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Helbringer
Underground

Pandora loses listeners due to the constant ads i mean i paid for the service once and made a mistake and emptied my bank account before pandora pulled their payment out and it bounced the **ahem** out of my account so i cancelled but i like pandora i listen to it daily but what i noticed is it's like they are pushing subscriptions by adding more and more ads and what i mean is this morning i turned it on to get ready to leave and i logged on to a ad but oh well who cares right an after a song started i was like ok cool then after 1 song i get 2 more ads now that's 3 ads in a 7min period and then i got more music but after 2 song's i get 2 more ads so now it's gotten to the point that it's out of control and soon i will be changing platforms now don't get me wrong i don't want to leave but when there are more ads then music itself it's time to leave but i will stick around longer till i get completely fed up

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Helbringer I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for writing and for the feedback on our ads. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Our objective is to do our best to balance these. It's something that we'll be working at for a long time to come.

While we try not to play too many ads, there are a couple things you might want to keep in mind. You will see an ad after you skip a track or you change stations. So if you find yourself skipping a lot of tracks (by using the Thumbs down, Fast Forward or "I'm tired of this track" options) you may be experiencing more ads than intended. If you'd like some station tuning tips, this page should help. 

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
49 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Helbringer I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

Thanks for writing and for the feedback on our ads. There's a natural tension between valuable ad space and the listening experience. Our objective is to do our best to balance these. It's something that we'll be working at for a long time to come.

While we try not to play too many ads, there are a couple things you might want to keep in mind. You will see an ad after you skip a track or you change stations. So if you find yourself skipping a lot of tracks (by using the Thumbs down, Fast Forward or "I'm tired of this track" options) you may be experiencing more ads than intended. If you'd like some station tuning tips, this page should help. 

We work very hard to deliver the best music discovery experience and hope you will continue to listen and enjoy Pandora. 

0 Kudos

Helbringer
Underground

yea people need to pay to get rid of the ads and that's cool i used to pay but not anymore and the reason for this post is i am curious how much of a **ahem** pandora is i mean 5 god **ahem** commercials in a 5 min period are you **ahem** kidding me ....2 commercials and then 1 song came on an when it ended 2 more commercials came on and then and i wasn't into the song much so i skipped it an then another commercial showed up smh now don't get me wrong i don't mind a ad here an there once in awhile maybe after 4 song's we should get 1 but now after 3 song's we get 2 but in several cases this situation happens where the ads are out of control and what's sad is i have listened to pandora for year's upon year's i have like 9000 song's i liked but atm i need to leave pandora they have gotten greedy as **ahem** and to top it off they are ruining any experience that someone has for this site and i know you pay people are going to share your opinion which is peachy but they can also shove it up their asses i am beyond agitated that pandora did this **ahem** just another greedy **ahem** company making free **ahem** miserable to buy their product lol **ahem** off pandora

Moderator edit: format

Jimbue0520
Underground

So if this is what I’ve got to look forward to I’m canceling 

Freeuser13
Underground

I was told my account would free of commercials since I have used Pandora for roughly 20 years and was part of it when it was just starting. The commercials are repetitious and annoying. Any suggestions?

TannerPandora

Hi @Freeuser13 I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you have similiar feeback. 

You can check out @AdamPandora post above for helpful suggestions for your stations or click here

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Freeuser13
Underground
Sorry but this is a failure to address an issue. Pandora will no longer work with my VPN on either. Have tried different configurations. Nothing

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Freeuser13 It sounds like you are using a VPN which is rerouting your internet connection. Unfortunately, using a VPN while trying to stream Pandora is not currently supported.

We recommend checking if you can make an exception for Pandora in your VPN settings, or if you can safely disable any VPN connections while listening to Pandora. You may want to contact the support team of your VPN for further assistance.

0 Kudos

Freeuser13
Underground

I have had no issue with my VPN for several years. It has just recently become an issue. I would also like to reiterate I was told I had a free account without ads since I have been using Pandora for 20+ or so years since Highschool, when Pandora was just a website started by college kids.

0 Kudos

Richard
Local Performer

I used to Pandora all day during work, then i found Spotify which offers 30 minutes of free listening after watching an ad. Every time I come back here I'm reminded why it's not longer part of my routine. Maybe you can learn from you competition?

TannerPandora

Hi @Richard Thanks for your feedback about ads on Pandora.👍 I've moved your messaged to this thread to help keep things organized.

Thanks for being part of community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

roq007
Local Performer

The "nah not for me" add makes me want to listen to iheartradio

pittieluv53
Local Performer

We wouldn't have to skip tracks if Pandora was more in tune with what we like. I have several instrumental stations, yet Pandora tries to play rap or hip hop...if I wanted to listen to that I would add that to my station myself, thank you very much. And that's the only time I skip tracks. Yet, every 20 minutes or approximately three songs, I get a double set of ads. As of January 2020 I was able to listen for almost an hour without an ad, and even when an ad was played it was only one. So ads have literally tripled in less than 2 months. I'll find a new service before I pay for yours. Just the fact that Pandora tries to force music that isn't even close to the stations you've created is annoying enough to make me want to leave.

jadasjcbus1232
Local Performer

I get that Pandora has ads because that is why we get to listen to free music but the amount of ads that happen at one time is ridiculous. I would be perfectly fine with listening to one 15 sec or even 30 sec ad after every 5 or so songs but when you skip one song and then you have to listen to 2 or 3 ads and then you listen to one song and then there are more ads absolutely makes me never want to use pandora. It is way to many ads that most people do not want to hear. 

TannerPandora

Thanks for the feedback @jadasjcbus1232! I've moved your message to a current thread on this subject: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know - I've passed this on to our ads department. 

Thanks for being part of community!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Helbringer
Underground

well over the past i'd say 5 year's i have noticed alot more ad's like i listen to 2 song's get 2 ad's then it goes to one song an then i get a advertisement about the artist an then another ad about a product well because of this form of forced premium i had to look for a way to get by it without having to pay for the premium and i found a way and yea i could pay the 4.99 a month but the last time i did that i tried to cancel my premium because i was going to be short in my bank account and even tho i requested my premium to stop you guy's still took the 4.99 which in turn bounced my bank account an your premium ended up cost me $80 and don't say i must've cancelled too late because i cancelled 2 week's before my next payment so since then i feel pandora screwed me and with me finding a new way to get around the ad's i feel it's pay back ...i love pandora been using it for year's and i probably still will now that i can get by your stupid **ahem** premiums ....i know i shouldn't have mentioned this but i feel you guy's needed to know how i feel about it and how i plan on avoiding being screwed again

Scamdora
Local Performer

I am a "free subscriber" and getting the same ad after every song on the same Pandora stations when we use Pandora on Sonos, but apparently not on my computer.  Help, please.

0 Kudos

palessio
Local Performer

Stop sending me commercials please delete delete and delete 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@palessio I moved your post to this thread to keep the Community organized: Ad Feedback - Too many ads

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around this.

Also, did you know we offer a couple of ad-free music options? Both Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stream at a higher quality, and come with a number of other benefits you might find attractive. For instance, Plus features include unlimited skips, replays, and offline listening, while Pandora Premium boasts all of these features as well as a curated on-demand library.

Of course, we're happy to have folks listen, whether they are paid or free. 

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

dynamic928
Local Performer

I listen to Alternative, Classical Radio, 90's R&B, Luther Vandross Radio, Today's Hits, 90's Hits, etc. I noticed that when I stream 90's R&B and 2000's R&B, I am inundated with ads. The inundation is obscene. I find that when I listen to Alternative Radio, System of A Down Radio, Staind Radio, Korn Radio, I do not experience the same inundation of advertisements. Last, the quality of the Advertisements played on the R&B radio stations is crude, base--they pander to a flat or static intelligence. What can be done about this? How do I make this stop? Ordering Plus or Premium is an option, but doing so does not answer the why--why those ads so frequently? Why those banal, vapid, unimaginative ads?

0 Kudos