cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ad feedback - Song cut off by commercial

Normalou
Underground

I didn't know where to post this, nor could I find contact info for Pandora, but in all the years I've been using Pandora today a song was cut off by a commercial. I'm fine with the commercials, in between songs, but I couldn't believe it cut off a song completely and the song never came back on. Granted, it was a Grateful Dead jam in "Not Fade Away", but still. Is it standard practice to run ads after a certain time frame, regardless of what's playing? Or was this an error? Or what?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Normalou thanks for being part of community! Sorry to hear this happened.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

1. If you are on a computer, are you listening from:
    • A Mac or Windows computer?
    • Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  2. If you are on a device, what is the make and model?
  3. If you're on a device, can you let me know the Pandora version? If you need help with this, let me know. 
  4. Can you tell me a little more about the the commercial? Was it for a product?

Thanks for the help!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Normalou thanks for being part of community! Sorry to hear this happened.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? Are you listening to Pandora on a computer or on a device?

• Our website, or the desktop app? If you're listening from our website, what browser are you using?
  3. If you're on a device, can you let me know the Pandora version? If you need help with this, let me know. 
  4. Can you tell me a little more about the the commercial? Was it for a product?

Thanks for the help!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Normalou
Underground

Thanks!  I was on my Android, Samsung Galaxy S7, listening via auxiliary cable on car stereo.  I'm using the latest version for Android, updated 1/15/2020.  Not sure how to find the version number, though I looked through Apps on my phone, and in the Pandora app under settings as well.

Wish I could remember the commercial, but I don't, sorry.  It was just a surprise for the song to be cut off, and the commercial wasn't obnoxious, but yeah, weird.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for the follow up @Normalou - Thanks for the info! I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineers and ads team. 

You can find the Pandora version:

• If you can open Pandora, go to Profile, then select Settings. Scroll to the bottom of the screen for the version number.
  • If you can't open Pandora: from Android Home screen > Android Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Find Pandora

If it happens again, and if it's safe to do, can you please take note of the date, time, station and what the ad is for. If you're able to a screenshot would be great! 

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience! 

Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Normalou
Underground

Thanks, and I'll try.  We're hands-free in Georgia, and I'm not supposed to be handling my phone while I'm driving.  But... if there's any way to document, I surely will.  Again, I'd never had this happen, and I've been listening to Pandora since probably 2008 or so.  I thought maybe Pandora just doesn't dig long Grateful Dead jams.  😁

SP551
Local Performer

I just upgraded to plus, while I was listening to music. I searched and hit play song now and got an add. I watched the add and then it said it started a premium free subscription. Then the song didn't play but the one I was listening to was still on. After that song ended pandora ceased playing any music whatsoever. When I exit and reload pandora it now always prompts me to log in and after I do I can click my stations but they won't play anything even after 5 min with the web bar telling me (waiting for pandora.com). Can still stream netflix hulu and spotify so it isn't my connection.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@SP551 I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you may be running into a similar issue.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

LotsofDogs
Local Performer

Im having the same issue.   I’ve been listening for about 25 minutes and have had 3 songs interrupted by ads. I’m on an iPhone Xs. Wife having the same issue in the past few days. 

it’s not an audio ad, but rather an animated Google ad on the Pandora app screen that kills the audio. It goes through the 15 or so seconds of the ad and then I have to “x” out of the ad for the music to begin again. If I “x” out of the ad prior to the 15 seconds, the ad goes away, but all is still quiet until the 15 second ad would have played. For what it’s worth, it’s an ad for an app called coinbase. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LotsofDogs Thank you so much for reporting this.

The next time this happens, can you please try grabbing a screenshot of the ad that appears and send that in a reply this thread?

In the meantime, I will pass your feedback along to our Ads team to see if they can reproduce this on their end.

Thanks for the help with this!

0 Kudos

CriminalHades79
Local Performer

I have been using Pandora almost every day for quite a few years now and just a couple months ago I have been noticing more and more ads that cut off songs on the desktop website version.  It has been probably once or twice a day now.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern as to which type of ad it is that makes the interruption.  However, I have noticed that it does happen with the same bands (ex. Unleash The Archers).

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CriminalHades79 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening? 

1. Are you listening from:
  2. Is there an error message? If so, what does it say?
  3. Can you provide me with a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos

CriminalHades79
Local Performer

Listening on a windows computer using chrome as the browser.

No error message, just an ad pops up like it normally would between songs except it is in the middle of a song.

When it happens again, I will try to grab a screenshot and let you know which ad popped up and how far into the song.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CriminalHades79 That would be helpful - that way, we can determine if it is a specific ad that is causing this issue for you.

Otherwise, if you are positive that this happens regardless of the ad that plays, then it may help to run through these troubleshooting steps: Chrome Troubleshooting

Thanks again for working with me on this! 

0 Kudos

CriminalHades79
Local Performer

@AdamPandora

Regarding this issue, it just happened again.

Song: Waking Dream - Unleash the Archers

Ad: Bounty "spilled the sauce"

Interrupted the song at about 1:45

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @CriminalHades79.

I recommend running through these troubleshooting steps if you haven't already done so: Chrome Troubleshooting

If the same Bounty ad plays and cuts off the song you are listening to, please reply back to this thread and let me know.

0 Kudos

TeriL
Local Performer

This issue is also happening to me and I'm listening via my Sonos. The Sonos app version is 14.4 Sonos OS S2. The Sonos has google assistant and I'm running the app on my Apple Iphone12.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@TeriL To clarify, are you streaming from your iPhone to Sonos through AirPlay?

Or are you streaming Pandora directly through the Sonos app when this occurs?

In the meantime, I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more: Troubleshooting for iOS Devices

If you continue to experience issues, I would like to report your feedback to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: 
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: 
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?
  • Does this occur after a specific ad or does this happen after all ads?

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

Guano
Local Performer

App stops working when one particular Ad play, Ad is image no audio for pandora on xbox and PS

On only on one particular Ad does pandora stop working. The Ad has no audio that plays image only for pandora on xbox and Playstation.  I'm running on LG TV, I have no game systems,  funny makes Ad falls short in many ways..lol I hate when I draw this ad and it leaves a bitter taste for the advertised..

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Guano The next time this happens, can you please take a picture of the ad that causes Pandora to stop working and send it in reply to this thread?

(Please note you won't be able to attach images via email - you will need to open this Community link in a web browser in order to provide attachments)

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos