cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for a free trial that I just started?

Akoniro
Local Performer

I went to try the family pandora Premium trial and it charge my card and I don't know why

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Akoniro Thanks for posting to community!

It looks like you've reached out to our user support team via email. They will respond to you as soon as they can. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

20 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Akoniro Thanks for posting to community!

It looks like you've reached out to our user support team via email. They will respond to you as soon as they can. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime. 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

theimortalone
Underground

i tried to get a 60 day free trial.  thank god i used paypal which warns you if the merchant is trying to charge you.  for my free trial pandora is trying to charge me 9.99 at checkout.  WTF?

0 Kudos

theimortalone
Underground

and no i'm not a current premium member nor have i gotten a trial already.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@theimortalone Welcome to the community! 

I moved your post to the Subscriptions board to keep the community tidy.

If you haven't initiated a free trial in the past, you won't be charged if you sign up for free trial using PayPal. Each Pandora account is only eligible for one free trial of Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium.

It sounds like you may be receiving a confirmation message from PayPal indicating that you're signing up for a subscription service.

I can have someone from our support team double check your Pandora account to ensure that you won't be charged. Someone will reach out to you via email shortly. 

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

theimortalone
Underground

it would be nice if the response was posted here instead of privately.  because others may have faced this same issue.  i myself am avoiding getting the trial because paypal is saying pandora is trying to charge me for the free trial.

thomastx61
Local Performer

Pandora also just billed me for a "Free Trial" on Day 1.   Stinks of fraud.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thomastx61 Someone from our support team will be contacting you separately via email to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

@theimortalone If you are also experiencing issues with this, our support team handles all of these inquiries on their end. You can send them a message directly for assistance if you need it here.

0 Kudos

Lazy
Local Performer

Hello,

I am currently experiencing the same issue. I started my free subscription today and you guys charged me right away. **ahem**?! I want a refund immediately!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lazy Our support team has confirmed that they do see you currently have an open case with them regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to help.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Ynewlife928
Local Performer

Why am I getting billed right away for family plan where are the 60 day trial

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Ynewlife928 Our support will be contacting you separately via email so that they can look into this further with you.

Please keep an eye out for their message! 

0 Kudos

kkbel212
Local Performer

I was also charged on my first day of the “free” trial. Why does this keep happening to users? And I want a refund as soon as possible.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@kkbel212 Our support team mentioned you currently have a case open with them regarding this issue.

Keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to look into this further with you. 

0 Kudos

kkbel212
Local Performer

And how long until I receive an email from somebody? I just want my money back so I can cut ties and never bother with this app ever again. This isn’t the most pleasant experience for a first time user. 

0 Kudos

JanaKays
Local Performer

Can u help me

I got a email to upgrade for a free trail for 60 days however as soon as I entered my card info it charged my card right then the $9.99 I would like my $9.99 credited to my card

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@JanaKays I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing the same issue.

I will have someone from our support team contact you directly to look into this further.

Please keep an eye out for their message. 

0 Kudos

emmanuallan
Local Performer

I’ve also experienced the same issue with my account but realized it was later reversed. Thanks Pandora

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emmanuallan I am not seeing any recent charges on the Pandora account connected to your Community profile.

Someone from our support team will be contacting you privately via email to gather additional details on the charge you are seeing for Pandora.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 🤝

0 Kudos

Lbmvp11
Local Performer

So what was the “resolution”