cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

littlesu
Local Performer

This is happening to me.  What do you mean by "each member of your family will need to beloved into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts?"  Can't they log into the family plan account from their own device?  I'm totally confused.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
72 Replies

Schnacker1
Local Performer

Please help. I have the family plan, set up two accounts and accepted invite and still not working. Getting the same message that someone else is listening, let them or me...what do i do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schnacker1 That means the other person is still logged into your account.

I checked the account that you added to your plan, and it doesn't look like that person has signed into it yet.

Please have them log out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign back in using the email address you used to create their account.

Let me know if they run into any other issues after signing into their account.

0 Kudos

Schnacker1
Local Performer

I have one device under an email and the other on another. problem is the other device is old, and broke so i cant get on to delete it. How do I do that? Trying to set up on an ipad to play music at my business. I have one device playing in the salon and another in the spa.

Jacqueline Reinish, CEO

Moderator Edit: Removed Personal Info

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Schnacker1 If you'd prefer to keep your original account signed into the old device since you can't get on it, you can always sign into the new account on your second device.

As long as you are signed into the new account on one device, and the old account on your other device, you should be able to stream simultaneously without having that error message appear.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Streaming Pandora in your business:

It sounds like you're using Pandora to play music in a public setting (which is not considered personal use).

If so, we have a solution for you. Pandora is available and optimized for use in settings like these through Mood Media, with features like unlimited listening, no advertising, and a media player that can connect to your existing sound system.

Additionally, due to the terms of our music licenses, the consumer version of the Pandora service (including Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium) cannot legally be used to play music in a commercial or public setting. Any Pandora listening that isn't personal and private, even for non-profit or tax exempt organizations, must be properly licensed through Mood Media, which fairly compensates artists, authors, composers, publishers and other rightsholders.

Use of Pandora in these settings is available only via hardware sold by Mood Media. To learn more or sign up, click here.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

danburch73
Local Performer

I upgraded my subscription to Premium Family, but I am still getting the "Somebody else is listening" message.    Why????

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@danburch73 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

That means the other people you added to your plan are still logged into your account.

I checked the two accounts that you added to your plan, and it doesn't look like they actually accepted their invitations yet.

I've gone ahead and manually added those two people to your account from my end.

Please have them log out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign back in using the email addresses associated with their Pandora accounts.

Let me know if they run into any other issues after signing into their account.

0 Kudos

Eveck
Local Performer

So... If I have a 3 year old that listens to lullabys as she goes to sleep, I have to setup her own account so she doesn't get kicked off?  Why can't your devs install an active listening count? I don't want to have to setup multiple emails just so my kids can listen to music as we go to sleep. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Eveck Thanks for your feedback.

I recommend upvoting and commenting on these existing feature requests if you'd like to see them aded to the service.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

rbsevertson
Local Performer

I just reactivated my account and got the Someone else is listening error message when tuning into Pandora on my cell in the car. This is because I had left it playing on Alexa at home, presumably. But this never happened when using the free version. Isn't the account is attached for me, not to a device? If I am logged in with my credentials, I should not matter how many devices (Alexas in different rooms, for example) I am streaming on. If this cannot be fixed, I am tempted to just return to using the free version again. -RBS

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@rbsevertson I'm showing your account is upgraded to Pandora Plus - not the Premium Family plan.

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

Keep in mind, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So you won't actually be able to listen to Pandora on both your phone and computer at the same time. 

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. 

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to Pandora: Listening to More than One Device at the Same Time

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

DocMatthews
Local Performer

I have paid for the Family Plan for over a year and yet every time I listen to Pandora when I have Pandora streaming at any other location, it tells me “Only one person can listen at a time”.  What the hell?!  It’s getting old and I’m days away from cancelling forever

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DocMatthews I moved your post over to this existing thread: Family Plan: "Someone Else is Listening" Message

That means the other people you added to your plan are still logged into your account.

I checked the two invitations that you added to your plan, and it doesn't look like they actually accepted their invitations yet.

I've gone ahead and manually added one of the accounts to your play from my end.

You can verify which account was added by navigating to your subscription settings.

If you're using a computer: 

If you're using a mobile device:

• Go to the Pandora website.
  • Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)

Please have them log out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign back in using the email addresses associated with their Pandora accounts.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The second invitation was sent to an email address that no Pandora account is registered under yet. Please have that person create their new Pandora account using the email address you sent the invitation to. Once that is created, they can then accept the invitation and enjoy the benefits of the Premium Family subscription on their devices.

Let me know if they run into any other issues after creating their account and accepting the invitation.

0 Kudos

Jonesy71
Local Performer

I'm having the same issue, only one user at a time can use Pandora with the Family plan?  Makes no sense.  Please help

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jonesy71 If the Someone else is listening error message is popping up, then that means someone else is logged into your account on their device and attempting to stream Pandora at the same time as you.

Each member of your family will need to be logged into their devices using their own personal Pandora accounts that are added to your family plan.

So far, I see you have added one other person to your Premium Family plan. 

I recommend having the other person sign out of Pandora on their devices, and then sign back in using the email address associated with their account that you added to the plan.

If you believe that message is getting triggered due to an unauthorized user on your account, please reach out to our support team directly for assistance with securing your account here

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DocMatthews
Local Performer
Thank you

Jonathan R Matthews, DO
Internal Medicine

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Always happy to help, @DocMatthews

0 Kudos

cterry877
Local Performer

I have never been able to get more than one user to listen on my family plan after switching a year ago. Now I see I have been billed twice, one for family and one for premium. I have sent emails and no replies, not it has been renewed times two. A long-time customer that continues to find no support. Now that Amazon music is free, I should drop Pandora. Giving someone one last chance to address this issue.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cterry877 I do see you've submitted a message to our support team through our help page.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

diegocurt
Local Performer

We are still having issues with the Family Plan. Honestly, we just don't know what else to do. The instructions are not helpful, and we continue to be notified that "someone else is listening". When will this stop? I am wondering why I am even dealing with this garbage when there are other options other than Pandora. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@diegocurt If that error message is popping up, then that means your other family members are still logged into your Pandora account.

I checked your Premium Family plan and see you've sent one invite so far to a cdina142@ email address.

No Pandora account exists under that email address yet, which would explain why the invitation has not been accepted yet.

Please have that person first sign out of your Pandora account on all of their devices.

Then have them create a new Pandora account using the email address you sent the invitation to.

Once that account is created, they can then find the invitation you emailed them so that they can accept it.

If they run into any issues accepting the invitation after creating their new account, please reply back to this thread and let me know.

You can also contact our support team directly here if you'd prefer to receive assistance privately via email.

0 Kudos