cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family plan invitation is accepted but not applied to account

aliyallah
Local Performer

Hello all,

I am having difficulties inviting a family member to my Family subscription. I sent the invite, it was received via email and ACCEPTED. I then logged into Pandora using the person's email that was used in the invite. The person already has a Pandora account. The person logged in just fine but all he is seeing is the basic Pandora. On the master family account, it says INVITE PENDING. What am I doing wrong? Please help. 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gissmo I do see you were able to successfully add 4 other users to your Premium Family plan shortly after posting this.

Was there anything else you needed help with?

Let me know.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
53 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@aliyallah Nice to see you around the Community. 👋🏽

I am going to have our support team contact you privately via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime! 🤝

0 Kudos

deanaross7000
Local Performer

I am having the same issue and still waiting for customer service to get back to me. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@deanaross7000 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their email reply and they will be happy to look into this further with you.

0 Kudos

lisalauria
Local Performer

I have the family plan and it is not working at all.  I am not on it and still get adds.  I can't listen to any stations that the family plan has. WHY.  I have left several messagages and you give no help.  I am very frustrated with the situation and very un happy.  This has been going on for days and no one is getting back to me./  Please help

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@lisalauria I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you are still running into trouble accepting your invitation, please reply back to the email thread you currently have open with our support team.

Otherwise, the master account holder of the family plan you are trying to join can also contact them directly for assistance with getting you added.

Have them send their message here.

Hope we continue to see you around the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

Connie72
Local Performer

I'm having same issue. The invite still shows pending and the other account is still basic. When the invite is accepted it says that it's already a family plan but it isn't it is basic and wants yet another subscription. I've been trying to get me my daughter on this shared plan for awhile. If this can't be fixed i will permanently cancel and give up on this Pandora

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Connie72 I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

Thanks for being a part of the Community!

0 Kudos

pattyb00p
Local Performer

Hi my daughter is having the same problem,  she accepted the invitation and through my end it says the account is active.  But on her app it's still giving her the option to upgrade .

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@pattyb00p It looks like you've added one account to your Premium Family plan so far.

My guess is your daughter has multiple accounts registered with Pandora, and isn't signed into the account you added to your plan on her device.

I have created a ticket with our support team for you.

They will be contacting you privately via email to help look into this further, so please keep an eye out for their message.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

0 Kudos

tombottorf
Local Performer

Adding a family member is TOTALLY clunky... While we LOVE your Pandora product, your techies MUST overhaul the process. It's currently quite ridiculously confusing as you can see from the SAME question over and over and over and over again. Replying that you'll email them privately is highly inefficient. If I don't get this resolved quickly... I'll completely cancel my Pandora account and find a competitor's solution.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@tombottorf I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

If you have any additional questions, please make sure to reply back directly to the email they sent you, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

RSndTrk
Local Performer

Same issue. What’s the fix here P?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RSndTrk I do see you were able to successfully add a second user to your Premium Family plan.

Let me know.

Gissmo
Local Performer

Having the exact same problem as everyone else here.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gissmo I do see you were able to successfully add 4 other users to your Premium Family plan shortly after posting this.

Let me know.

0 Kudos

mymokomokai
Local Performer

There is no solution offered by Pandora for this issue.  The only solution is to wait for customer support to contact me via email?  Why is there not a fix for this obviously common issue?  I just signed up for the Family Plan today after leaving Apple Music, and am going to cancel Pandora immediately.  

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mymokomokai I definitely understand your frustration.

I do see you have an open case with our support team regarding this issue.

Please keep an eye out for their next email reply, and they will be happy to further assist.

0 Kudos

Mrrockyt
Local Performer

Same issue. I have 2 family members successfully added. I have 2 emails accounts. One is my main that the family plan is on and my main plan that I listen to on my phone. I have another email account which is used by Google Home and my home stereo so that it never tells me "someone else is listening on this account". On that 2nd email account I have accepted the email invite plenty of times, resent the invite and then accepted some more. Logged out of Pandora and in multiple times. Uninstalled Pandora, reinstalled and logged in and out multiple times. It still shows a basic account and my invite still shows pending.

Seriously, what is the solution?  Fix this issue! It is obviously a known issue and the community is getting annoyed and you're losing customers. Good business is to open a ticket for your own servers to solve this issue at root instead of having every consumer waste time on this.

Do not give me the same response as everyone else. I want a solution. Open a ticket and fix it if you would like but writing this is as much time as I will spend on this "known" issue. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mrrockyt. 👋

Sorry to hear that you've had some trouble with this. 

I was able to view one invite pending for your subscription in our system. I've gone ahead and manually added that additional account to your Premium Family plan from my end.

Could you try again, and let me know if you're able to see that it was added?

You may need to refresh the app, or restart Pandora on the device you're using to notice the change.

As the master account holder you will select Manage Family to view all members of your plan. That additional account should show up when you access your settings.

If you're using a computer: 

If you're using a mobile device:

• Go to the Pandora website.
  • Select the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top left. Then tap Subscription. (Log in to your account if prompted.)

If you're still having trouble, let me know so that I can create an email case for you with our support team. Please keep in mind, we don't publicly share email addresses on the community. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024