cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hearing ads on paid account

JamesIII
Local Performer

I pay these guys so I don't have to listen to some big mouth craming **ahem** I don't need down my throat.and then they claim they do.  No their advertisers do.  I have a one room condo that has no internal doors yet if I am at my work station for some time they stop playing music then on my screne from my media center accuses me and wants to know if I am still listening.  

These guys are going corporate just like other american companies and especially the white house.  Get the money.

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Hearing ads on paid account

AdamPandora

@JamesIII Could you confirm that you are logged into your upgraded account on your device when you are hearing ads?

Sometimes, it may help to sign out of Pandora, and then sign back in using the email address associated with your upgraded account.

In the meantime, our support team has also confirmed that they will be sending you a separate message via email to help ensure this gets resolved. Please keep an eye out for their message.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

"Are you still listening?" error message:

The "Are you still listening?" message appears when we detect that there has not been any interaction with the player for a while.

This is in place to avoid playing music to empty rooms and helps reduce our streaming costs. Since we pay full royalties on every song we play, having a timeout interval enables us to prevent streaming endlessly to unattended devices. Ultimately, it allows us to offer a free radio service and to maintain the current prices of our subscriptions.

When you encounter the timeout message, simply click or tap anywhere on the Pandora music player to continue listening.

To limit timeouts you can upgrade to Pandora Plus or Pandora Premium, which allow you to listen for longer periods without interruptions. Pandora Plus subscribers have longer timeout periods than free listeners, and Pandora Premium subscribers have longer timeout periods than Pandora Plus subscribers.

To learn more about the benefits of upgrading, visit this page.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos

dubblin
Local Performer

I am also still getting ads and paying for the subscription . somone live better answer soon because i am definately concidering amazon.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora

@dubblin Our support team has taken a look and have informed me that the Pandora account your community profile is registered with has never been signed up for any subscription.

If you signed up for Pandora Premium, then it is possible you did so on a Pandora account registered under a different email address.

I recommend signing out of Pandora on your device, and then signing back in using the email address the upgraded account is registered under.

In the meantime, our support team mentioned they will also be sending you a separate message via email to help make sure this gets resolved.

Keep an eye out for their message.

Adam | Community Moderator

Let's share music in the Playlist Swap

0 Kudos