cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
101 Replies

CHUCH
Local Performer

i have the family plan and if my wife setups her pandora on my account she can listen the same time i am listening correct

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@CHUCH That is correct - if you add your wife's Pandora account to your family plan subscription, she will also be able to listen at the same time as you on her devices.

If you run into any trouble getting that set up, feel free to reach back out and let us know.

Hope this helps! 😄

0 Kudos

Tathra1
Local Performer

pair my iPhone with my PC to hear Pandora

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tathra1 Nice to see you around the community. 👋🏽

To clarify, did you need help signing into your Pandora account on both your iPhone and computer?

Or are you looking to connect your phone and computer so that they both play the same music stream simultaneously?

Let me know.

0 Kudos

Tathra1
Local Performer

Play both at same time

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Tathra1 I moved your post over to this thread since you have a similar question.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

Keep in mind, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

So you won't actually be able to listen to Pandora on both your phone and computer at the same time. 

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music. Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. 

In the meantime, I recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to Pandora: Listening to More than One Device at the Same Time

Hope this helps clarify! 

0 Kudos

Solate
Local Performer

Listening simultaneously on different devices

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Solate I moved your post to this thread since you have a similar question.

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

In the meantime, I also recommend giving this existing feature request a ❤️ to express your interest in getting it added to Pandora: Listening to More than One Device at the Same Time

Hope this helps! 😁

0 Kudos

HansSchulze
Underground

Same problem.  I have a dozen google gadgets in 2 houses, 3 family members with a phone each.  I have family plan.
How do I get two people to be allowed to play on the nearest device (phone or Google device) without changing logins on Google devices and phones?
Do I need a fake family account account just for Google devices?

liquidracing
Local Performer

Are you kidding?! I've used Pandora on my phone since 2010, as a subscriber. And you mean to tell us, that within 10 years, serious now, y'all haven't been able to figure out how to give a subscriber the ability to assign (upon proper payment plan) or approve other users?! Like subletting?! It's that **ahem** hard?! Have you not made enough yet? I bet your boat is bigger than my boat. I also hope yours is closer to the ocean! Must be nice. When does Pandora 2.0 come out that allows users to designate a select number of sun users to create their own stations with their own sign on? I mean c'mon. It can't be that hard. Other companies do it, with relative ease. Just sayin'.

James-j-burke
Local Performer

It is time for Pandora to catch up with current times. They only allow you take advantage of your premium subscription on one device at a time. In order for you to enjoy your premium subscription on your computer, you have to log out on your phone. They know that they devices are all yours, yet they won't allow you to take advantage of your subscription on all of your devices. Get with the times, Pandora. 

TannerPandora

@James-j-burke 

I've moved your message over to an existing thread on this here.

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

Unlike broadcast radio, which all drivers hear in the car at the same time, each internet-connected device used to access Pandora receives its own unique stream of personalized music.

Similar to other online streaming services, our music licenses limit our ability to stream from a single account on more than one device at a time. As a result, your subscription to Pandora Plus, Pandora Premium, or Pandora Premium Family will only cover the cost of one stream to one device (per Pandora account).

For now, the only way to get the same stream to play in different locations is to play Pandora using a system that groups multiple speakers through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi or a wired connection. Some examples of these systems include Sonos, Chromecast, and Amazon Alexa devices.

Thanks for posting to community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

joseph694
Local Performer

Not being able to listen on multiple devices at the same time, as previously available, makes me want to go to another music provider. I thought paying for Premium would allow this.

I have multiple devices in different rooms and wish to keep the music playing... and am willing to pay extra!

No good Pandora. 😞

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@joseph694 Your best option would be to sign up for the Pandora Premium Family Plan

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each of your devices.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

You should then be able to accept the invitation to the family plan subscription you sent.

I hope this helps!

0 Kudos

WCSOposse902
Underground

Impossible to talk to a human !!!!!!!!!!! Horrible.......gonna leave site

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@WCSOposse902 There are a number of ways you can contact our support team for assistance -  you can check out the accepted solution to this post for more information. 

If there is anything that I can assist you with on my end, let me know. 

0 Kudos

WCSOposse902
Underground

I have Pandora at this time.....however , my wife also wishes to listen on her iphone.  Do I have to open a seperate account for here ?  thank you

W. J. Huettel

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up, @WCSOposse902.

I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded 

This all depends on if you and your wife plan on streaming Pandora at the same time.

If you don't think there will ever be a time where the two of you will want to listen to Pandora at the same time, then you won't need to create a separate subscription for her.

She can simply sign into your account on her device, and will be able to listen there.

If you do think there will be instances where she will want to listen on her phone, while you also listen on your device, then you will need to create a separate account for her.

I would recommend checking out the Pandora Premium Family Plan if you end up creating a second account for her.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

broadus5002
Local Performer

How Many Times do you have to pay for a subscription?

I'm paying already and I wanted to listen on my computer.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@broadus5002 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

To clarify, you can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

For a complete explanation, check out the accepted solution to this thread. 

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos