cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

dratifk
Local Performer

I have a Pandora Premium Military account. But it tells me someone else is listening. How many people can stream at the same time? 

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
107 Replies

mikemoos
Local Performer

I have the family plan and keep getting the concurrent streaming error message when i am listening from a different location and my wife is a home. Please let me know what I can do to listen to both

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @mikemoos 

Welcome to community!

This is most likely being caused by a single Pandora account being used on multiple devices. Even though you're upgraded to the Family Plan, each listener on your Family plan will need to have their own account. As long as each person on the family plan is on their own account, you can all listen to Pandora at the same time. However, you still won't be allowed to play music from a single Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Looking at your Family account, I do see that you've sent out an invite to your wife and that it has been accepted, but there has been no activity on her account for the past two weeks.

If she's been listening during this time, then mostly likely she's been using your account and that's why you're receiving the concurrent streaming error.

I recommend that she sign out of the Pandora account that is currently logged into her device and sign back in with her own account. If you listen to Pandora at home on a TV or speaker system, then I would suggest created another Pandora account specific for that device. This way you'll all be able to listen at the same time.

Hope this helps to clarify.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Forkum76
Local Performer

I recently subscribed to the Premium Service. Which should allow multiple listeners, but when my wife and I both try to listen I get the message that only one person can listen at a time. Please fix this issue in my account. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Forkum76 I moved your post over to this existing thread: How to listen on multiple devices when upgraded

It looks like you are currently upgraded to an individual Pandora Premium subscription through Apple.

To clarify, there isn't currently any subscription level that allows you to listen to the same Pandora account on multiple devices simultaneously.

Your best option would be to sign up for the Pandora Premium Family Plan

Upgrading to the family plan means that you and up to five other accounts can enjoy all of the benefits of Pandora Premium, while keeping your individual Pandora accounts.

You will first need to set up separate Pandora accounts using different email addresses for each family member that wants to join the subscription.

Once those accounts are created (if they aren't yet already), you can then send them an invitation to join your family plan subscription.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

I hope this clarifies things a bit! 

0 Kudos

scooter1966
Local Performer

I have been listening to free Pandora in my home and my office for 10+ years.  Now that I have upgraded to Pandora Premium it will only let me listen in one location at a time.  How to update?

0 Kudos

LeonPandora
Pandora
Pandora

@scooter1966, welcome to Community!

You can sign into the same Pandora account on any computer or supported device, as long as you use the same email address and Pandora password.

However, you won't be able to listen to that same Pandora account on multiple devices at the same time.

If you are looking for a way to stream Pandora separately on your various devices simultaneously, then would need to look into upgrading to our Premium Family plan instead.

With this plan, you can create a separate account for each of your devices using different email addresses. You can then add each new account to your Premium Family plan so that you can enjoy the benefits of the Premium subscription on each of your devices.

It also appears like you're currently upgraded to Pandora Premium through Apple.

If you're interested in subscribing to Pandora Premium Family, or in joining someone else's family plan, you'll need to wait for your current subscription through Apple to expire.

When you begin to hear ads on your account again, you can sign up for Premium Family directly through the Pandora website.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

DCSipp
Local Performer
I will thank you for the explanation on how it works while at the same time expressing my opinion on how dumb a model this is. I cannot understand why I cannot have a single account with multiple devices. I am willing to pay a premium for this capability. Having to have separate emails for each device is just dumb.

scooter1966
Local Performer
Thank you for your time.
Sean
Sent from my iPhone
0 Kudos