cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SiriusXM and Pandora

Doublenichols
Local Performer

I'm currently paying for Pandora Premium in addition to a SiriusXM subscription.  As I understand it, my SiriusXM subscription is or will be offering personal streaming through Pandora.  This seems duplicative, and that I will end up paying more than I should annually.  Can someone help, please

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @Doublenichols thanks for posting to community. 🎧

SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. While there is some shared content, neither app will currently deliver the full experience of each service on both apps. 

For more information about this, I would recommend visiting our help page here

If you'd like to see a combind app, I'd recommend visiting and liking the current request in our Feature Request Board

Thanks again for being part of community! Hope to see you around more. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
18 Replies

nlighten
Underground

I'm a SiriusXm and Pandora subscriber too and I wondered the same so I reached out to support. It looks like right now while some of Sirius stations are being powered by Pandora, the two are operating seperately from each other so we won't be able listen to our Pandora stations in Sirius or our Sirius stations in Pandora just yet. I definitely think it would be cool to have access to both in one place, but we will have to wait and see. I'm gonna hang on to both for now and see what happens. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Doublenichols thanks for posting to community. 🎧

SiriusXM and Pandora currently operate as separate services with their own subscription products and user agreements. While there is some shared content, neither app will currently deliver the full experience of each service on both apps. 

For more information about this, I would recommend visiting our help page here

If you'd like to see a combind app, I'd recommend visiting and liking the current request in our Feature Request Board

Thanks again for being part of community! Hope to see you around more. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

thepowerguy
Local Performer

I'm currently a SiriusXM subscriber and the SiriusXM Rep informed me that Pandora is supposed to be included with my SiriusXM Subscription. Are you saying that this is not true?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@thepowerguy They were likely referring to the shared content between our two services.

SiriusXM listeners now have access to Pandora Now and Pandora users now have access to some of SiriusXM's best podcast programming.

Pandora Now:

Pandora Now is a music station that SiriusXM listeners can access on Channel 3. It's an ad-free hip hop and pop hits station featuring the most Thumbed-Up songs on Pandora.

If you're not a SiriusXM user, you can check out this station by searching for Pandora Now and adding it to your collection.

Pandora-powered stations:

SiriusXM listeners can now create commercial-free music stations based on artists.

These stations are not tied to a Pandora account, but they can be added to the Favorite Channels within the SiriusXM app and will respond to Thumbs.

If you have questions about these stations, please reach out to the SiriusXM team directly for more help.

SiriusXM podcasts:

Pandora listeners now have access to more than twenty of SiriusXM's best comedy, sports and entertainment programs in podcast form, including "Straight from the Hart with Kevin Hart," "The Hoda Show," and "Deep and Shallow Interviews with Andy Cohen" among others.

You can read more about this content on our blog, or start browsing titles from your mobile device today.

Hope this helps explain! 

0 Kudos

glphoto007
Local Performer

I have a Pandora account and I also have an account with siriusxm, can I merge my stations to my siriusxm account 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glphoto007 I moved your post over to this existing thread: SiriusXM and Pandora

While there isn't currently a way to merge your Pandora and SiriusXM account, I recommend upvoting this existing feature request with a ❤️to express your interest in seeing it added to the service: SiriusXM and Pandora Combined Subscription

Hope we continue to see you around the Community. 😁

glphoto007
Local Performer

Can I log into Pandora app using my SiriusXM account

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@glphoto007 No - you will need to have a separate account for Pandora if you wish to utilize the service.

Hope this helps clarify! Let me know if you run into any issues signing in. 

0 Kudos

ausrace
Local Performer

As a Sirius XM subscriber I understand that I am entitled to Pandora as well.  Does it have to be a premium scription to Pandora as well?

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ausrace Subscribing to SiriusXM does not mean that you will have access to any of the paid Pandora services.

If you'd like to upgrade your Pandor account to Pandora Premium, you can do so here.

For more information about this, I would recommend visiting our help page here

If you'd like to see a combined app, I'd recommend visiting and liking the current request in our Feature Request Board

Hope this helps explain!

0 Kudos

heathergdanna
Local Performer

According to SiriusXM how does the creating the Pandora stations work? I've included a screenshot of the information I'm needing assistance with.  

Screenshot_20221001-200951.png

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@heathergdanna If you have questions about these stations, please reach out to the SiriusXM team directly for more help.

Thanks for being a part of the Community! :pandora:

0 Kudos

stevewonders
Underground

I just upgraded my SiriusXM plan to Platinum which says it includes Pandora Now. I mistakenly hoped that it was a subscription to Pandora that was included. <sigh>

SXM support page is no help. When I look up "pandora" there, it basically says to use the SXM app and gives marketing about SXM channels. Going into SXM App, there is a manage pandora channels, but clicking that gives a page that says, "Manage Pandora Stations, Play or remove your stations here" with no other buttons or links. nothing to click on to actually manage anything.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@stevewonders Nice to see you around the Community.

If you have questions about your SXM subscription, please reach out to the SiriusXM team directly for more help.

0 Kudos

heathergdanna
Local Performer
Yea, it's manipulative marketing for sure.

Heather Goodman-D'Anna, MA, LPC
0 Kudos

MarcilTheShell
Local Performer

You need to search for an artist using the search tool in the SXM app. If a pandora station is available for that artist, it will appear in the search results. When you select that station, it will be added to the "manage pandora stations" page.

JordanHenderson
Underground

Just some feedback:  I'm trialing SiriusXM now.  I like some of the features, but unclear if it's worth the value. I'm also considering other Music services (I have some current subscriptions to others).  I'm a long time Pandora Premium (and Plus before that) user. I'd be more likely to subscribe to SiriusXM and Pandora if I could get a package deal.

0 Kudos

stevewonders
Underground
Ive been a long time subscriber. I have free versions of Pandora and
Spotify. My primary reason for SXM was that I drove a lot and could listen
to same station regardless of location in US. Also, most stations don't
have commercials.

I did not find the SXM & Pandora connection to fit my needs. I think it's a
bit misleading. Read the fine print carefully and see others comments on
the Pandora service on XM. Basically it's just another station.

Hope this helps .

Steve
0 Kudos