cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from Google Play to Apple billing

RraBaLJJ
Local Performer

What's the best way to switch billing party from google play to iOS App Store?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hi @RraBaLJJ Since your subscription is being processed through your Google Play account,  it is necessary to cancel that subscription before upgrading through iTunes.

You can find helpful steps on how to cancel your Google Play subscription here

Once you start hearing ads again, you will be able to upgrade from your iOS device so that your payment will be processed through your Apple account.

To upgrade from an iPhone or iPod Touch, go to your stations list, tap the Menu icon on the top left corner and select Upgrade. (On an iPad, tap the gear symbol at the bottom right corner and find Upgrade.)

Hope this was helpful. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

10 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @RraBaLJJ Since your subscription is being processed through your Google Play account,  it is necessary to cancel that subscription before upgrading through iTunes.

You can find helpful steps on how to cancel your Google Play subscription here

Once you start hearing ads again, you will be able to upgrade from your iOS device so that your payment will be processed through your Apple account.

To upgrade from an iPhone or iPod Touch, go to your stations list, tap the Menu icon on the top left corner and select Upgrade. (On an iPad, tap the gear symbol at the bottom right corner and find Upgrade.)

Hope this was helpful. Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ecaloian
Local Performer
Can’t change my account android to iPhone
0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @ecaloian thanks for being part of community!

Since your subscription is being processed through your Google Play account,  it is necessary to cancel that subscription through Google Play before upgrading through iTunes.

If you still have an Android device, you can use the following steps to manage the subscription:

1. Launch the Google Play Store app.
  2. Tap the menu icon at the top left of the screen (3 horizontal lines), then My account, where you can add or modify payment methods.
  3. Find Pandora under Subscriptions. You'll see your next renewal date, and can tap Cancel to disable auto-renewal.

Alternatively, if you do not have an Android device, you can also manage your subscription from here.

Once you cancel your subscription and you start hearing ads again, you will be able to upgrade from your iOS device so that your payment will be processed through your iTunes account.

To upgrade from an iPhone or iPod Touch, go to the Profile tab, tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and select Upgrade. (On an iPad, tap the gear symbol at the bottom right corner and find Upgrade.)

Let me know if you're still having trouble cancelling. Thanks again for posting! 🎧

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Mikewhitis60
Local Performer

I tried that already

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Mikewhitis60 It looks like your subscription through Google Play is still running.

You will need to wait for it to fully expire before you can actually upgrade through Apple.

Once you cancel your subscription and you start hearing ads again, you will be able to upgrade from your iOS device so that your payment will be processed through your iTunes account.

To upgrade from an iPhone or iPod Touch, go to the Profile tab, tap the Settings gear in the top right corner and select Upgrade. (On an iPad, tap the gear symbol at the bottom right corner and find Upgrade.)

Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

cathmallak
Local Performer

I swapped from an android phone to an IPhone and my paid premium subscription isn't showing up on Pandora.  I tried "retrieving my subscription", but the initial subscription was done on an android phone so it's not under a Apple ID.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @cathmallak. 👋

To keep the community space organized, I've escalated your issue to our User Support team. Someone will be in touch with you via email to assist with your account and subscription. Please keep an eye out for their email. 📬

Thanks for your patience! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Bubbadoes
Local Performer

When I purchased my current plus plan I had an android phone 7 years ago, I now have an iPhone and want to update my subscription, I am directed to go to google play to change my plan , 

how do I resolve my dilemma ? Any belp

would be nice thank you 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Bubbadoes. 👋

To keep the community organized, I moved your post over to this existing thread: Switching from Google Play to Apple billing

Please check out @TannerPandora's post about this here.

In the meantime, a member from our User Support team has reached out to you via email to help with making the switch for your subscription billing. If you don't see their email yet, please check your spam / junk folder to make sure it didn't end up there. 

Thanks for your patience during this process. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Mariomusic24
Local Performer

Does it matter if you can still access your google subscription through the iPhone?

0 Kudos