cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Pandora Plus not allowing unlimited skips?

RaquelA
Local Performer

I am on the trial version of Pandora Plus and planned to keep the subscription however suddenly my skips are being limited (they were not limited the first week plus) I really have no  use for the plan if I cannot skip, its crucial to custom tailoring stations and not being driven out of my mind while I work with music that doesn't fit my work environment.  Why this sudden change? 

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RaquelA Sorry for any confusion.

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips.

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or switch things up by tuning into a different station.

Alternatively, Pandora Premium subscribers can create custom playlists that are not subject to these licensing restrictions. Let me know if you'd like more details about this.

For more on the benefits of Pandora Premium, and to see your subscription options click here.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RaquelA Sorry for any confusion.

There is no hourly or daily skip limit for Pandora Plus and Pandora Premium stations and in that sense you will receive unlimited skips.

Although the majority of the songs in our collection will be eligible to be skipped without limits, you may encounter a portion of songs that are not eligible to be skipped due to our current licensing agreements. Since we're bound by our existing license to stream many of our tracks in a radio format, this option may not be available for some tracks.

We know it can be frustrating to have to listen to a song you'd rather skip. When this happens, we suggest scrolling through your recently played tracks and selecting a song to replay. Or switch things up by tuning into a different station.

Alternatively, Pandora Premium subscribers can create custom playlists that are not subject to these licensing restrictions. Let me know if you'd like more details about this.

For more on the benefits of Pandora Premium, and to see your subscription options click here.

We are continuously working on increasing the amount of songs which can be skipped on our stations. Our intention is to provide enough music you enjoy to avoid any inconvenience around this.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance.

0 Kudos

Coolwhip73
Local Performer

The same thing is happening to me on my custom Playlist, after a few skips it switches to a different Playlist 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Coolwhip73 thanks for posting!

To clarify, did you mean playlist or station?

Playlists are a feature of Premium, and I see you're upgraded to Plus. You may be activating a Premium Access session in order to listen to your playlist, and when the session ends it changes the music selection. 

Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

jamooney2
Local Performer

So "unlimited skips" is just marketing bull**ahem**.

I thought you people WANTED business

Too many other options to put up with this kind of corporate lying.

isiolo66
Local Performer

You're absolutely right. They say "unlimited skips" when you sign up for the Premium plan. After they've got your credit card it"s "well... not really unlimited". I don't want to hear "we know this can be frustrating". No **ahem**. More corporate BS

Michellebg1212
Local Performer

I agree.  I don't have premium but I have unlimited skips if I use pandora through my phone or any other device.  Hell I even have to use pandora through my Bluetooth in my truck which was the whole reason I pay for pandora.  I have a 2020 truck and when I use the pandora app in my truck it restricts the number of skips...makes no sense.   So frustrating..   

kesslermike
Local Performer

So why do you only reply to the questions you can wiggle out of or do your copy and paste responses? Seems like all of you pandora team members are active here yet tons of questions go unanswered, almost all of them being one that catch you red headed? Can you guys recognize any faults in your service or very clear false advertising?

kesslermike
Local Performer

Funny how they respond to all the other comments but the ones that call out what they are doing clearly

Edwinb19
Local Performer

I also bought premium and its not working like it lets me skip as much as i want but only stations and does not work on music I actually want to hear

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Edwinb19 I moved your post over to this existing thread: Why is Pandora Plus not allowing unlimited skips?

To clarify, it looks like you are currently upgraded to Pandora Plus through Apple - not Pandora Premium.

Check out the accepted solution to this thread for more information around unlimited skips with Pandora Plus.

In regards to listening to music on demand, you will need to upgrade to Pandora Premium to do that.

If you'd like to upgrade to Pandora Premium through Apple, check out this thread: Billed by Apple - Switch from Plus to Premium

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos

Edwinb19
Local Performer
I tried both still not working

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Edwinb19 To clarify, are you having trouble upgrading to Pandora Premium?

If so, are any error messages popping up when you attempt to follow the instructions provided here: Billed by Apple - Switch from Plus to Premium

Let me know.

0 Kudos

sivawoman
Local Performer

What are the licensing requirements being referred to? I am interested in understanding how the licensing requirements determine what can or cannot be skipped.

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@sivawoman Pandora is transitioning away from operating solely under statutory licensing and moving toward special agreements (direct licensing) with record labels and music publishers. Under statutory licensing, listeners are limited in the number of times they can skip songs on our stations or cannot replay certain tracks. By working directly with record labels/music publishers, we're allowed to operate with more flexibility -- including the ability to provide additional skips and replays for our listeners.

The majority of our tracks in our catalog are now covered under these direct deal agreements; however, some tracks still fall under the statutory licenses and cannot be skipped or replayed with the same flexibility. We are actively working on directly licensing the remainder of our collection so that we can provide the same skip and replay flexibility across the board, but until then certain tracks have skip and replay limitations.

For now, upgrading to Pandora Premium allows you to create custom playlists that are not subject to any licensing restrictions. Let me know if you'd like more information about this.

I hope this helps explain.

0 Kudos

Impedo
Local Performer

@AdamPandora majority?? I couldn't skip 20 minutes of the last half hour! For $90, I should be able to skip songs that I don't want to listen to.

JBPAN
Local Performer

This is sleazy. The pitch for the upgrade offered unlimited skips. I have 20 stations and after the upgrade to premium, not a single one offers skips. I cancelled immediately.

And all the replies from back in 2020 when subscribers ask about it now is also sleazy.

This is false advertising! Plain and Simple. I'm looking for a ew provider.