cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App crashing/shutting down

Macmorgster
Local Performer

I saw similar issues in android threads but nothing for Apple. I have an iPhone 6s it's all updated. For the last week, Pandora will play for like 30 seconds and shut down. I reboot it and it starts playing the same song, but does the same thing. I can't even go through one whole song. I'm currently at work, bored and also not wanting to pay for something I can't use. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Listener001
Not applicable

@Macmorgster @A-Dawg When I'm having Pandora issues on my iPad or iPhone I always delete the app and reinstall, about 80% of the time this helps with whatever issue I'm having. The downside, I have to redownload all my offline content, but in most cases it works to correct the issue. Restarting the phone isn't always enough and you need to reinstall the app. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Macmorgster sorry to hear this is happening. I've reached out to our user support team and asked them to contact you via the email associated with your Pandora account. Please be on the look out for this email. 

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

A-Dawg
Local Performer

I have this same issue when listening directly from my iPhone SE6, iOS ver 13.1.1 AND when using other BT devices; ihome, Bose SoundLink, etc. EVERY song will paly from 30 sec to a couple of minutes (never finishing) before they just stop playing and the app shuts down and goes to the background. Seems like its more than a Bluetooth issue w/i Pandoras system.

Indeed annoying especially when one is paying a Pandora Plus monthly subscription...

Anyone know if Pandora is working on a solution to this/these issues? Not sure if they monitor this community discussion page or not.

0 Kudos

Listener001
Not applicable

@Macmorgster @A-Dawg When I'm having Pandora issues on my iPad or iPhone I always delete the app and reinstall, about 80% of the time this helps with whatever issue I'm having. The downside, I have to redownload all my offline content, but in most cases it works to correct the issue. Restarting the phone isn't always enough and you need to reinstall the app. 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@A-Dawg I would recommend uninstalling / reinstalling the Pandora app as @Listener001 mentioned in the post above.

If you're having trouble while connected to other devices, I would also recommend re-pairing the Bluetooth connection between your device and the phone to see if that helps.

• To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

++

Also, which version of the Pandora app are you using?

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know how it goes as well as the app version you have on your device.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.09.24)
0 Kudos

geeceyuri
Underground

Try to force restart iPhone. If no use, you may have to reinstall the app. And if possible, you can use an ios repair tool like TunesKit to fix the issue quickly.