cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple ID

ChaseBeasley
Underground

I have the free version of Pandora and have been using my parents Apple ID and recently made my own, however when i launch the Pandora app it asks me to sign in to my parents Apple ID and i cant seem to change it to my own.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

Hey @ChaseBeasley! Welcome to community!

Can you tell what happens when you try to install the Pandora app from your new Apple ID from @sundaysinjuly 's suggestion?

PS:

Thank you @sundaysinjuly for your post! 😁

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

7 Replies

sundaysinjuly
Diamond in the Rough

@ChaseBeasley I think that the Pandora app is still associated with your old Apple ID.

Try signing out of the current Apple ID you’re using (whether it’s the old or new one). Then, delete/uninstall the Pandora app.

After that, sign back into your new Apple ID and download/reinstall Pandora under the newly created Apple ID.

Even tho you have a new Apple ID, app purchases (even free ones) can still be associated with old Apple IDs, which may prevent you from updating apps or making in-app purchases in the future. It sounds like you need to “purchase” the free Pandora app under your new Apple ID. You may need to do this for other apps too so they are “purchased” or downloaded under your new Apple ID. 

I’m hoping this makes sense and helps with your issue. 

0 Kudos

ChaseBeasley
Underground

@sundaysinjuly Thank you for your help but that has not solved the issue.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hey @ChaseBeasley! Welcome to community!

Can you tell what happens when you try to install the Pandora app from your new Apple ID from @sundaysinjuly 's suggestion?

PS:

Thank you @sundaysinjuly for your post! 😁

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

ChaseBeasley
Underground

Thank you for replying but it’s been a few days and I have yet to see that pop up I described so I believe it was a matter of the phone itself getting used to the new ID

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ChaseBeasley Thanks for the update - sounds like everything is back to normal now. Happy listening! 🎶

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Macken1brianna
Local Performer

I want my old songs back

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Macken1brianna. 👋

Could you tell me a bit more about what's happening?

Did you have a Pandora account under a previous email address?

Looks like your current account was created last month and has 0 stations associated with it.

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos