cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 5 login failure

redbirdin96
Underground

I just got an Apple Watch Series 5 and am using it with an iPhone XR.  I cannot get the apple watch to login to my account.  Every time I try I receive and error that says "Invalid Login" even though I am using the same email and password that I use to login on a computer and it works there.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

TannerPandora

@redbirdin96 

Got it. I'll have to report that back to the engineers. If you're connected to WiFi, the login should work the same way. 

For now, I would recommend deleting the app from your watch and installing from your phone, with the steps in my previous post. That should bypass the login entirely and get Pandora working on your watch. 

In my experience, you'll need to give the phone and the watch some time to sync. I like to do this overnight with both devices on the charger. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
17 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @redbirdin96. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you confirm which version of the Pandora app you're using on your iPhone XR?

Are you updated to 2006.1 on your iPhone device?

• Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

yes I am with 2006.1 on my iPhone

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for confirming @redbirdin96

I have a trace enabled on your account. While this trace is enabled would you mind trying to login via your Apple Watch. This will help me investigate any bugs that may be occurring. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

I have tried a couple of times, do you see that I tried?

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @redbirdin96 Thanks for trying for me!

Sorry, to ask so late. Can you take a screenshot of the message on your Apple Watch for me? Or let me know the exact message with any codes attached. 

Thanks!

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

IMG_4278.jpg

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@redbirdin96 Can you tap on 'Invalid Login' and let me know if another alert comes up. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

ahh...yes I get:

"Something Went Wrong"

AA-1200-AA-1200

TannerPandora

Thanks @redbirdin96! Sorry it took so long to get there. Something new for me.

Can you verify that the cellular connection on your Apple Watch is active and strong. 

When you installed the Pandora app on your Apple Watch, did you do it directly from the watch itself or through your iPhone?

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

my apple watch is not a cellular version, only GPS.  I first loaded the app from my phone, but then I deleted from phone and watch and reloaded to phone and then watch.  None of the above worked.

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

I just deleted app from phone and watch and reloaded from the watch.  The error I got this time was 000-AA-1200

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@redbirdin96 

Sorry, just to clarify, when you say you reloaded the app on your watch, did you do so through your phone?

If you don't have cellular connection on your watch, you'll actually need to use the toggle feature within the Apple Watch App on your iPhone to upload Pandora to your Watch. 

This will connect Pandora directly to your watch and you won't actually need to log in.

Specifically, 

1. Go to the Watch app on your phone.
  2. Scroll down to Available Apps to find Pandora.
  3. Install the app.
    • If Pandora appears under "Installed On Apple Watch" list, tap and make sure it is set to "Show App on Apple Watch."

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

I used the watch...I went to the app store on the watch, searched for Pandora and loaded it from the watch itself.  I am at home and have a wifi connection so the watch can load it itself, although it is also connected to my phone.

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

@redbirdin96 

Got it. I'll have to report that back to the engineers. If you're connected to WiFi, the login should work the same way. 

For now, I would recommend deleting the app from your watch and installing from your phone, with the steps in my previous post. That should bypass the login entirely and get Pandora working on your watch. 

In my experience, you'll need to give the phone and the watch some time to sync. I like to do this overnight with both devices on the charger. 

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

sirpuppy
Local Performer

I'm using wifi, and I've used cell, I get the same error no matter how I do it.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @sirpuppy. 👋

Thanks for reporting this.

Do you get a "Login Failure" error message?

Or, are you seeing an error message like ""Something went wrong, AA-1200-AA-1200"?

++

Could you also provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have? 
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week:New Music: Picks of the Week (04.29.24)
0 Kudos

redbirdin96
Underground

FYI, I never got the login to work properly.  I am able to use Pandora and control with the watch via the "Now Playing" App, but I cannot navigate Pandora solely from the watch face.

0 Kudos