cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Won't Play Next Song

Nilly
Underground

I am hoping to find a solution or a bug fix:

I am using the Apple Watch Pandora app on Apple Watch 5.  I am playing music through “Playing From Watch”. On cellular connection, when I am only using the Pandora App, the watch works perfectly.  I can stream any station and it will automatically advance to next song.

If I initiate any activity on the Strava Apple Watch app I have a peculiar behavior:

If it is recording an activity - the Pandora App will not advance to next song and gives me an alert about poor network connection.

If I stand still and the Strava app auto-pauses, then I can pick a station and stream. 

If I am moving at the end of a song, it will give me a poor network connection.  I have to stop and let it auto-pause and the reselect a station. This occurs with either walking or running.  This behavior also occurs with the Apple Watch activity app.

Any fix would be greatly appreciated as I would love to run to my workout stations.

mod edit: changed title for clarity

Labels (2)
56 Replies

SS4
Local Performer

I am having the same problem.

• Pandora iOS version 2012.1
  • iOS Version: 14.2
  • Carrier: AT&R
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening? Cellular
  • Connection to: Senso ActivBuds S-250

When I am only using Pandora on my Apple Watch and no other applications, it pauses after every song and I have to raise my wrist to wake the watch and then it starts playing again. When I also run Strava, Pandora will intermittently stop playing after 1+ songs and will not allow me to play music even after waking. Sometimes after fiddling with it, eg restarting the watch it will start working again, sometimes nothing works. I have tried restarting my watch many times and also reinstalled Pandora. The first time I opened Pandora on my new watch it would not work at all and then after reinstalling it sort of sometimes works, as described above.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @SS4. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing those details as well as your device information. I've added this to the internal ticket we have open with our engineering team. 

We appreciate patience while our engineers work on this. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Moderator

Let's talk music in Community Chat

0 Kudos

HappilyMsRibble
Local Performer

I am currently having the same issue. On my Series 3 Apple watch if I am using the Pandora app on my watch without my phone, my watch has to be “woken up” in order for a new song to load. Attempted to restart watch and re-download the app with no luck.  

•watchOS version 7.2

• Pandora Watch version 2012.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @HappilyMsRibble. 👋

Thank you so much for that info, and sorry for the continued trouble with this.

I've shared this with our engineering team on your behalf. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dracx
Underground

It appears to be simple. When you open the app and start playing music if you stay in the app, meaning the screen will become blurry showing the time; I think this depends on how your watch is set up but this what it does on mine. Then the music will pause after each song until raising the watch up and look at or hit play.

However if back out to the watch face screen or home screen while the music is playing then it will continuously play music without it pausing the music forcing your action to keep it playing.

This is against the design of how all other applications of pandora, iPhone, desktops, Ipads, portal, etc... work so it understanding that we are confused when this happens.

For everyone give this try and see if works for you, if so, admins inform the engineers of the workaround so they can reproduce the error on their end and fix it finally. 

mod edit: format 

AlyssaPandora

Thanks for that info, @Dracx. I've also shared your feedback above with our engineering team. 

For moderators / admins, we can be tagged here: @AlyssaPandora @TannerPandora @AdamPandora

Let us know if you notice anything else and we can pass that info along. Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dickiegles
Local Performer

I’ve got the new Apple Watch cellular and having issues with pandora. I’ll pus it on station shuffle it only plays one song and pauses I have to got to the watch and push play for the next song 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hey there, @Dickiegles. 👋

Nice to see you around the community space. I moved your post over to this existing thread to keep the community space organized: Apple Watch Won't Play Next Song

I can share your feedback / device info on the internal ticket we have open. 

Feel free to provide the following info:

• Device & Generation: 
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Cmpastor_99
Local Performer

I am experiencing the same thing. My Pandora will play on my AirPods On my Apple 6 watch until the end of one song and then it says paused on the watch and even when I hit play nothing happens. I can hear podcasts and audible books but just not pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Cmpastor_99. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're running into this issue. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. 

Would you mind providing the following details?

• Device & Generation: AirPods, Apple Watch Series 6 
    • Are you using any iPhone devices?
    • Carrier:
    • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
    • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)

Thanks so much for your help with this. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dickiegles
Local Performer

I currently have a Apple Watch cellular version and can’t get pandora to work properly when I use it on the watch. Is the a workaround to fox this problem 

mod edit: changed title for clarity

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi there, @Dickiegles. 👋

Thanks so much for posting about this, and sorry to hear that you're having trouble. I understand how frustrating this can be. I moved your post over to this existing thread as I see you've commented on this one recently: Apple Watch Won't Play Next Song

++

Troubleshooting with Apple Watch:

To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available. Let me know what you see.

Please try uninstalling and reinstalling the Pandora app using the Watch app on your iPhone while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. To do that:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora and then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

++

If the issue continues, could you provide me with a bit more information about your devices?

1. What iPhone model do you have?
  2. What version is your Apple Watch on? (Open the Watch app on your phone and go to General > AboutVersion)
  3. Have you received any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?
  4. Does your Apple Watch play any songs? Or, does it crash as soon as you launch it?

Appreciate your help with this. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

KKCook872
Local Performer

Hello, I am experiencing a very similar issue, however I don’t get a poor connection error. While using Apple Watch Pandora using watch cellular only - no phone around the Pandora app will not advance to the next song, or even to the next ad. I have to make the watch up after every song or ad and manually advance the song. 

Has gotten me into some close calls trying to do this while cycling on trails at 20+ MPH. 

I have a series 6 44mm Apple Watch cellular on the T-Mobile network. Phone is an iPhone 12 Pro however this shouldn’t matter as this only happens on Pandora Watch. 

Any help appreciated. 

0 Kudos

sstocker
Local Performer

Hello,

I have the same issue. It plays one song on Pandora and pauses until I raise to unlock. I have an iPhone XS, Version 7.3 (18S801) watch. I have followed the steps to restart watch and uninstall the Pandora app but this has not helped the issue. Please let me know if anything further can be done to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Shaylee

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @sstocker @KKCook872. 👋

I understand how frustrating this can be. In the meantime, I've gone ahead and shared your experience with our engineering team so they can review this further. 

Appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Sparx
Local Performer

Workaround found! I discovered that running Pandora over (gym's) wi-fi, THEN, running a "keep alive" app at the same time, such as the Heart Rate monitor app, lets Pandora automatically go to the next song in a Playlist without having to wake the watch again.

I have an Apple Watch 4, running iOS 7.3.2, latest version of Pandora reloaded yesterday, standalone (not tethered to iPhone), over public wi-fi.

View solution in original post

AlyssaPandora

Hi, @Sparx. 👋

Thanks so much for sharing this helpful workaround. I've shared your feedback with our iOS engineers on the internal ticket we have open. I marked your post as the solution so other community members can view it easily while this is being worked on. Appreciate you taking the time to help out other listeners who have experienced this issue. 

Hope to see you around the community space more often! 🎧

0 Kudos