cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Playback stops

Kylestodd727
Local Performer

Ever since my iPhone 8 updated a couple of weeks ago, my Pandora plus plays for a minute and cuts off. Is anyone else experiencing this? Super frustrating, I switched to YouTube red... 

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Conch. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • If so, what exactly does it say?

Could you also tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hey @Kylestodd727 Sorry to hear that - Let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it will help. 

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks for posting to community! ๐ŸŽง

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Gort
Local Performer

I'm experiencing the same issue. I have a Pandora Plus subscription and I am streaming on an iPhone XS. Pandora frequently cuts off the end of a song that was playing and then immediately begins playing the next song. I used to see this behavior when I was using the free Pandora service but was surprised and disappointed to see it occurring on a paid subscription as well.

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gort  I moved your post to this thread to keep the community tidy.

I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided in his message above.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Gort
Local Performer
This thread does not describe my issue (in my case, after cutting off the end of a song, Pandora does not just stop playing, it starts playing the next song). The original thread was more appropriate.
0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Gort Since your issue was specific to your iOS device, this was the best place to move your post. With that being said, the same troubleshooting steps @TannerPandora provided above should resolve this.

Let's try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to see if it will help. 

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Let me know how it goes.

0 Kudos

Conch
Local Performer

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times in last couple weeks ... very disappointing as a premium member to not have continuous music.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Conch. ๐Ÿ‘‹

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble listening.

Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • If so, what exactly does it say?

Could you also tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

jkudner
Local Performer
I am having the same problem. Only seems to happen when using bluetooth in my Chevy Tahoe or bluetooth in my helmet. Never happens when using ipods or when wired to speakers. Have tried rebooting phone and reinstalling Pandora app. It will play one song and then stop or If I stop a song, I cannot restart.
0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @jkudner. ๐Ÿ‘‹

I would recommend re-pairing the connection between your truck (and helmet) and the phone.

To remove the pairing, please go into the Bluetooth settings menu on your phone, find the appropriate connection, and select "Forget this device."

Once you've done so, refer to your car's manual for the steps to reconnect the car system to your phone. Using the Voice Commands for your unit (if available) is often the easiest way to do this.

Hope this helps!

*Use your mobile device only when conditions allow and as permitted by applicable law.

0 Kudos