cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Premium Access Ads Stopping Station Playback

Bob6590
Underground

I am a Plus member, and I am having another problem with my streaming music being interrupted/stopped so an ad for Premium can be shown on my phone. I am a jogger, and to clear the ad and start my music I have to stop running. This is a royal pain in the rear, literally.

I pay for ad free, I have set it up so that artist comments don't come up and interrupt me, so how do I stop your offers to try Premium from interrupting my running? Any help would be appreciated.

mod edit: changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AnaWS I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Our engineers are aware of this, and are currently investigating.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠

View solution in original post

9 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @Bob6590 Thanks for posting to community and bringing this to our attention!

I've asked our User Support team to start a trace on your account so we can better understand what is happening. Would you mind uninstalling and reinstalling the app for me?

To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap the tiny "x" that appears in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to delete the app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

Also, could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Thanks for your help with this! 👍

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Bob6590
Underground

OK, I deleted the app and reloaded it. It actually kept all of my settings, but DID NOT reinstall my offline content, just FYI. That is no problem, I know how to reload the offline stuff later.

Here is my info: iPhone SE, model # MP972LL/A1662 running iOS 13.3.1

Pandora version 2001.2

As I described, in the last week or so, when I start streaming a station I am getting a round ad on the screen that offers to let me download the song and try Premium. This stops the stream until I can stop running, get my glasses and find the X to close the window.

Once I do close it, it does not come back, and my streaming channel works like it should.  What can I do to stop this message?  I Do Not want Premium, never will. Have been a member about since you opened, switched to Plus a long time ago to kill the ads, and so hope I don't ever get another ad, even from  Pandora!!

Thanks for your help.

PS I already found the switch to turn of the Artist comments, which are actually "ads" so am not bothered by them. Hope there is way to permanently turn off your ads too.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for providing that helpful information, @Bob6590.

@TannerPandora and I will report this over to our engineering team to take a deeper look to see what's happening. 

If you attempt to start any of your stations normally, it shouldn't trigger the Premium session advertisement. 

Thanks so much for your patience during this process! 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Bob6590
Underground
Thanks for reply. Just want to clarify what has happened to cause me to bring this up here. Three times recently, in past month, I opened Pandora Plus, selected my station and took off jogging. Sometime after 3-5 minutes, the stream would stop completely.  When I could get back to my glasses and check the screen, there was some kind of offer for Premium for the song just played. Once I hit the X to close the ad, the station resumed and I would have no further trouble.

Wanted to explain this better because if this is a new "feature" please allow us to opt out somewhere so I don't have to stop and cancel the screen!!

Thanks for the help.
Bob

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for those details, and for your feedback. @Bob6590 

Our engineering team is now aware of this issue, and they're looking into it. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Bob6590
Underground

OK as a follow-up to my problem, once again yesterday an ad for PREMIUM popped up and stop my music stream from Pandora plus.

Same exact problem I had earlier,  so apparently your tech group has not found the problem. I do not want premium, I never will want premium, so please give me a way to lock out those ads!  I am sure there must be someway to do it. 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update, @Bob6590

I have also passed this updated info along to our engineering team. I'm sorry for the trouble you've experienced. Again, we appreciate your patience.

0 Kudos

AnaWS
Local Performer

, I have a Plus subscription, I understand that in order to play a song  ‘on demand’ I must view a commercial...but 85% of the time the song will still not play after the commercial ends. Is this a glitch?  I know I ‘m doing it properly because 2/10 tries it will play.  Frankly, I just subscribed and I’m pretty disappointed in how little the Plus subscription offers as opposed to Premium......not being able to view our saved songs or playlists  makes getting a subscription somewhat useless, although not having commercials and the unlimited skips are really great. 

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@AnaWS I moved your post to this thread since it sounds like you are experiencing a similar issue.

Our engineers are aware of this, and are currently investigating.

Thanks for all your patience as they work to find a fix. 🛠