cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) 2/28/24: Apple Watch: Standalone app no longer loads

forcar
Local Performer

Hello! All of the sudden the pandora app has stopped working on my Apple Watch. I have the newest SE Model with a cellular plan and after subscribing to premium the app will not launch. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app several times and reset my apple watch twice and the same thing is happening.

If I play Pandora through my iPhone I can control the music from my watch but I like to use the watch independently from the phone when working out.

Hope someone can help because I'm stumped. 

Moderator Edit: Changing title for clarity

Labels (1)
36 Replies

m_salling
Local Performer

Same issue apple watch series 8 10.3.1.  Pandora version 2401.1.  Hopefully have a fix soon.  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @m_salling @dcoats @Sucarroll @Jeannie2480 @bstan141 @mi2tall @StedmanLaJoy @RachelDrone @Agchase6 @bkitchen9 @pwhegi @Eherman 👋

Thanks for providing those details, and for sharing your experience. Sorry for the continued trouble!

In the meantime, we've passed along your feedback to our tech team for further review. Once the moderation team has an update, we will post it here

We greatly appreciate your patience while this is being investigated. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Mseraida. 👋

Sorry for any trouble you've experienced. I moved your post over to this existing thread as it sounds like the same issue: Apple Watch: Standalone app no longer loads

Our tech team is investigating and I've shared your feedback with them on an internal ticket we have open. Once the moderation team gets an update, we'll post it here.

Thank you for reporting and for your patience while this is being looked into. 🎧

Rickymtz100
Underground

I have an Apple Watch Series 7. I could go on Pandora on it and play music but now I cannot even open it. I deleted Pandora from my Apple Watch and redownloading it four times now and it's not even opening it. I turned my Apple Watch completely off twice now and is still doing the same. It won't open or even sync with my Pandora from my phone. Any anyone know how to fix this issue?

GabLug30
Local Performer

Why The Pandora music app is not working in Apple Watch 02/28/2024.

I have the same issue with my Apple Watch series 4 

mod edit: merged comments

StedmanLaJoy
Underground

New update from Pandora on the app store about 12 hours ago.  I updated the app on the phone, removed from my watch using the phone Watch app and then reinstalled, and as of 10:00am 2/29/2024 it appears to be back up and running.  I was able to open Pandora on my phone and control it using the watch app.  Prior to this, I could not even get the app to open on the watch.  Thanks Pandora for a fairly quick resolution!

RachelDrone
Local Performer

It worked! Thank you so much!!!!

TannerPandora

Pandora Update: 2/29/24

Hi all!

As some of you may have already noticed, version 2401.1.1 was released yesterday evening. This updated version is believed to have resolved the loading issue with the stand alone Pandora app for Apple Watch.

Please ensure that the Pandora app is updated on both your iOS device and Apple watch. Here's how you can manually update the Pandora app from the App store on your Apple devices.

Thank you to those who have commented that the app is working again. If you haven't already, please be sure to update to the latest version and try again.

This thread will be marked as resolved and future comments will be disabled. If you continue to have trouble with your Apple Watch or if there is a new issue, please create a new post.

Thanks for being part of community!

Pandora Update: 2/27/24

Hi all!

Thanks again for letting us know about this issue with the Apple Watch.

Our engineering team is currently investigating this issue. We will continue to keep you posted with updates as it is provided to the moderation team.

Thanks for you continued patience.

Pandora Update: 2/26/24

Hi all!

Thanks for posting your experience with your Apple Watch. I've gone ahead and passed this along to our engineering team for further review and investigation into what may be happening.

If you've recently been experiencing a similar issue with your Apple Watch, please let me know the following info:

• Apple Watch OS version:
  • Pandora version (on your phone):
  • If you are using the stand alone Pandora app on your Apple Watch, can you continue to control playback on Pandora on your Apple Watch with your phone?

Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

Note: I've marked this post as the Accepted Solution to flag the current steps and status. This post will be updated with more information as it is provided to the moderation team.

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

Danielle711
Local Performer

I have uninstalled, reinstalled. I have updated the app to version 2401.1 and the app on my Apple Watch Series 6 will NOT work. You say you have resolved this with updating to the new version, but it does not fix the problem, it is still happening. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Danielle711 

The fix for the Apple Watch won't load is in version 2401.1.1 (extra .1). Looking at your account, it looks like you're still on 2401.1. You should be able to manually update the Pandora app through the Apple App Store. For specific steps, check out Apple's How to manually update apps on your Apple device.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

RerunStubbs
Local Performer

Thanks for this solution. Worked like a charm. Why can’t the online support folks just suggest this verse making like it’s my fault? It was clearly a bug after the last software update and a myriad of complaints to follow. Sure would have gotten to the solution sooner. 

0 Kudos

ZiZi
Local Performer

I saw the blog about new update.  I tried updating my iWatch but it shows it's up to date and I still cannot get my pandora app to load on watch?

Any new suggestions?

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @ZiZi. 👋

Thanks for reporting this, and sorry to hear that you're still having trouble.

The fix for the Apple Watch won't load is in version 2401.1.1.

If you haven't already, you should be able to manually update the Pandora app through the Apple App Store. For specific steps, check out Apple's How to manually update apps on your Apple device.

Troubleshooting:

If the issue persists, let's try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If you're still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. 🎧

0 Kudos

Deb8
Underground

Same here. I've done all of that. If I hit install on Pandora it just sits and spins. Won't install. 

I have an Apple Watch 8. Pandora will not install.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @Deb8 

Welcome to community.

Since your experience seems very related to a recent issue with Apple Watch, I've moved your post over to a more relevant thread.

If you're having trouble with the Pandora app on your Apple Watch loading, then please try updating the Pandora app on your iPhone to the most recent version of 2401.1.1 and try again. Checking your account as of today, you're currently on 2401.1. 

You should be able to manually update the Pandora app through the Apple App Store on your iOS device. For specific steps, check out Apple's How to manually update apps on your Apple device.

Troubleshooting:

If you continue to have trouble,  try restarting your iPhone and Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power it off, and then do the same to power it on again.

If the issue persists, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Pandora app on your watch:

1. Go to the Watch app on iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and find Pandora.
  3. Tap Pandora then disable the Show App on Apple Watch toggle.
  4. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

Deb8
Underground
It seems to have corrected itself. 
~Deborah L. Busch~~Let go & let God~

ZiZi
Local Performer

Going to apple store and pandora, update was showing and once I did the update Pandora will now load on my iWatch.  Thank you!