cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle Stations Doesn't Work

ShaneT99
Local Performer

I just put Pandora on a new iPad and logged into my account.  For some reason the Shuffle Stations feature will not work.  I have it set to shuffle all of my stations, but whenever I hit shuffle it just continues playing whatever station I was last listening to and never shuffles.  I have Pandora on my iPhone and have never had this issue.  What is different about the iPad?  Why will it not shuffle stations?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShaneT99 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this help page article as it should resolve this.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this. 

View solution in original post

39 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ShaneT99 I recommend running through the troubleshooting steps listed on this help page article as it should resolve this.

Let me know if you continue to experience issues with this. 

ShaneT99
Local Performer

Power off didn't work but deleting and reinstalling did.  Thanks for the help.  

Cspetri
Local Performer

It shows shuffle at the top of my stations but does not let me click on it. When I click it it just goes back to the station it was already on. This has been going on for two days now. Pretty annoying when I'm paying for a subscription. 

TannerPandora

Hi @Cspetri Sorry for any trouble with shuffle on your iOS device. 

I've moved your post to this thread because it sounds like you're having a similar problem.

I'd recommend trying the steps from @AdamPandora post above. You can find the steps by clicking here

Thanks for posting to community! 🎧

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

LMccray
Local Performer

I see your help function is broken too

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@LMccray Sorry to hear that you're having trouble.

Could you tell me a bit more about the help function issue you're experiencing?

If you're able to send over a screenshot, that would be helpful too.

Let me know.

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Chelsydawn
Local Performer

Every time I click shuffle stations it just goes to the station playing and will not turn shuffle on.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Chelsydawn. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with shuffling your tunes.

I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

Would you mind trying out the steps from @AdamPandora's post here?

Let me know if this changes the shuffle issue you're currently experiencing. 

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

LindsChris322
Local Performer

I just got an iPhone 11 yesterday and the shuffle function does not work. As others have said, it just goes back to the single station that was playing. I have restarted my phone and uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it is still not working.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @LindsChris322. 👋

Sounds like you've gone through the troubleshooting steps and it wasn't helpful.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: iPhone 11
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

Have you identified any other patterns or notable information?

0 Kudos

DSH92
Local Performer

I too am having this issue on a new iPhone 11 Pro. It is very irritating as I appreciate Pandora for the shuffle capability.  It just foes back to the same station. This is when I am on cellular with Verizon or on WiFi. . Same no response.  Using version 2003.1 which was downloaded off App Store multiple times trying to troubleshoot.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @DSH92. 👋

Thanks so much for running through the steps and sharing your device info.

I've reported your experience over to our engineering team for further review. 

Thanks for your patience while they look into this. 

0 Kudos

DSH92
Local Performer

Any update on this? 

I downloaded a new update which was released yesterday for the iPhone and am still not having the option to shuffle through the different stations.  I also looked to see if this was a privacy issue and for some reason Pandora is not showing in the location settings.  This has become quite frustrating to me.  I am a long time Pandora user but losing this functionality is a deal breaker for me.  Please work on a remedy to this issue as I am not going to keep paying over time for something that doesn't work as anticipated.  Thank you.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm very sorry for the continued trouble with your shuffle, @DSH92.

Our engineering team is still looking into this issue. Rest assured, I've reported all the information you've sent over. However, I do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed yet. In the meantime, I've updated the ticket we have open for this issue, with your recent feedback this morning.

Your patience is greatly appreciated during this process.

0 Kudos

jgd1577
Local Performer

Good morning all - So my toddler got a hold of my iphone, and after the shuffle feature will not work.  When I touch shuffle it just pops back up the last station that played.  I uninstalled and reinstalled but was no help.  Any advice?

Jeremy

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @jgd1577. 👋

Sorry for the trouble. I moved your post over to this thread to keep the community space organized.

I’ve enabled a trace on your Pandora account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps once more. I know this is super inconvenient but it will be very helpful in case we need to report this over to our engineering team too.

Let me know if you still run into issues by reply on this thread. Thanks so much for sticking me with on this! 

0 Kudos

jgd1577
Local Performer

Hello Alyssa,

Good morning.  I have performed all the trouble shooting steps, but it has not helped.  The shuffle feature is still not working.  Will you please advise the next steps to correct the problem?  Have a god day and thank you for your help!

Best regards,

Jeremy

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @jgd1577 thanks for following up. 

Can you confirm the station name that it always starts off with?

Also, to check if it is device related, would you mind trying shuffle on another device? For example, a web browser, to see if the same thing happens?

Thanks! Let me know. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cabrinik
Underground

I am having this same issue as everyone else. Pandora starts on whatever station I last left it on and will not allow me to play it on shuffle. I gone through all of the steps to try to remedy the problem with no luck. I am using an IPhone 8. What next?!?

0 Kudos