cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shuffle Stations Doesn't Work

ShaneT99
Local Performer

I just put Pandora on a new iPad and logged into my account.  For some reason the Shuffle Stations feature will not work.  I have it set to shuffle all of my stations, but whenever I hit shuffle it just continues playing whatever station I was last listening to and never shuffles.  I have Pandora on my iPhone and have never had this issue.  What is different about the iPad?  Why will it not shuffle stations?

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
39 Replies

TannerPandora

Sorry to hear this @cabrinik. When you say it 'will not allow me to play it on shuffle', can you tell me what happens? Does it give an error message or does the app close?

Are you able to take a screenshot of what you're seeing when you try to edit shuffle?

Something like this:

IMG_0012.PNG

Thanks!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

cabrinik
Underground

It just continues to play the same station that is currently playing. It is the same issue that everyone else in this post is describing. If I try to select shuffle, it just continues to play the station it is currently playing. I am able to select any station and it will play, but it will not shuffle.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cabrinik We can report your info over to our engineering team.

If you're able to send over a screenshot of the stations you're selecting on the Shuffle page, this would be helpful to pass over to engineering too.

• Device & Generation: iPhone 8
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?

I look forward to hearing back!

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

cabrinik
Underground

I have tried both - while connected to wi-fi and while using cellular data.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cabrinik Would you mind also providing these details?

• Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know as I'd like to report your experience. Thanks so much for your help with this!

0 Kudos

cabrinik
Underground

Carrier:  Verizon Wireless

iOS Version:  13.4.1

Pandora version:  2004.1

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@cabrinik Thanks for this info. I will report this on your behalf.

Could you also try manually updating to 2004.2? There should be a new version of the app available for you.

To update the Pandora app on your iOS device on iOS 13 or newer:

1. Open the App Store application.
  2. Tap your Apple ID icon in the top right corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Pandora app. If an update is available, there will be an Update icon.

If you're running a version older than iOS 13 on your device:

1. Open the App Store application and tap Updates in the bottom right corner of the screen.
  2. If an update is available, an Update button will appear to the right of the Pandora icon.

Tip: If no update is available, it will say Open to the right of the Pandora icon.

0 Kudos

Fgh62
Local Performer

I’m having the same issue. I’ve signed out, signed back in, did any updates, changed my password and yet I still can’t shuffle my stations... not any of them! 

0 Kudos

Shaneg21
Local Performer

My iPhone app won’t shuffle. When I select shuffle it just continues to play the last station that was playing. 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Fgh62 Sorry for the continued trouble.

I would like to report this issue to our engineers. Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

Thanks for your help with this!

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Shaneg21 Running through the troubleshooting steps linked in my message above may resolve the issue you are experiencing with shuffling your stations.

If not, can you please follow up with some additional information about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Settings & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Are you connected to Wi-Fi or 3G/4G (cellular data) when this is happening?

Also, are you experiencing this in locations where you used to be able to listen without issue?

I appreciate you working with us on this! 

0 Kudos

Rbarber06
Local Performer

I too am having issues with the shuffle feature on my iPhone 11, but was having issues on my iPhone 7 as well. My iPad shuffle is working however.

Basically when I tap on shuffle stations it does nothing. I’ve tried the suggested steps and nothing worked.

iphone 11 is through T-Mobile (iPhone 7 was through AT&T but I no longer have that one). Info for the iPhone 11 is iOS 13.5.1 and pandora app 2006.1.

For reference, my iPad that has a working shuffle stations is on iOS 13.5.1 and using pandora app 2005.2.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there, @Rbarber06. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're experiencing this as well.

For your iPhone 11, let's try running through the troubleshooting steps while I have a trace enabled on your Pandora account. This will be helpful in case I need to share your details with our engineering team.

Let me know if you still have issues with the shuffle feature after trying out those steps.

Thanks so much for your help with this! 🎧

0 Kudos

Rbarber06
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora the troubleshooting didn’t work. The shuffle still doesn’t do anything when I tap on it  

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the update and for trying out those steps, @Rbarber06.

I've gone ahead and reported your experience over to our engineering team for further review.

Appreciate your patience while they investigate! 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone! 👋

We've received recent reports about issues with shuffle within the last few days. 

If you're having trouble with Shuffle on the most recent Pandora app version on iOS, please post on this thread: Shuffle Doesn't Work on 2007.2 

Thanks so much for your help with this. :pandora:

0 Kudos

DickPing
Local Performer

Won’t shuffle stations keeps playing the same station 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Hi @DickPing! Welcome to community and thanks for posting.

I see that you've also reached out to our User Support team as well. To avoid any confusion, please be sure to respond with them by replying directly to their email.

Thanks again for being part of community!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

celticleaf
Local Performer

Hi, I am also having issues on both my iPhone and iPad. I click on shuffle and it definitely shuffles, but it does not give me any option to select which stations I want to play on shuffle. My friend who has the basic subscription has the option to do this but I don’t and I have pandora plus. This doesn’t make sense. I pay for my subscription and would like the option to shuffle certain stations, especially for my classroom. Can I have help with this? According to my App Store, I’m all updated with the app. I’m totally lost on what to do. 😕 Thank you for the help! 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@celticleaf You should be able to edit what stations you want to include in your Shuffle mix.

To edit which stations are played during Shuffle:

• Go to My Collection.
    • Free and Pandora Plus listeners, swipe the Shuffle Stations icon bar at the top of your stations list from right to left. Then tap the Pencil that appears.

There, you can select or deselect which stations you'd like to appear in your Shuffle by Station or Genre. Tap Save on the top right corner of your screen when done.

If this option still isn't showing, can you please send me a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks for working with me on this. 🤝

0 Kudos