cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skip limit on Apple Watch

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

I'm using Pandora Plus and have encountered skip limits multiple times on my Apple Watch.  It happened to me today again, and I was unable to skip past the song.  I tried multiple times.  The message says you have reached your skip limit.  Any idea of why this is happening?  Not sure if this is related to the Apple Watch or not.  Can't recall seeing this on my iPhone, but I use my phone much less frequently.

I'm running the latest version of Pandora for Apple (2006.1) and have recently uninstalled and reinstalled the app on my Apple Watch.

I have also less frequently received a message on my iPhone that a specific song cannot be skipped.  This is a completely different message and is clear as to why I can't skip.  

Moderator Edit: Edited title for clarity

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
25 Replies

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Can you please try replicating this on your Apple Watch once more, and make note of the date/time the error message pops up?

We'd like to look into this further.

Thanks for your help with this. 🤝

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

This is not a fluke and has happened more than once to me.  I will post if/when it occurs again.   Today it happened around 9-9:30 AMish EST.  I was on a run and encountered this limitation sometime mid-way into my run.

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

@AdamPandora - my time window may be a little off as I was estimating when in my run this happened.  It happen toward the middle to later part of my run.  I ran from 8:32-10:11 AM EST and had Pandora on the entire time if you want to try to trace this down.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Thanks so much for letting us know.

@AdamPandora did enable a trace on your Pandora account to help us gather more info.

Could you also confirm which series Apple Watch you're using?

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What song fits your mood today?
Check out new tunes this week: New Music: Picks of the Week (04.22.24) 
0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

I’m running AW series 4 

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Thanks for providing those details. I'll pass this information along to appropriate party. Appreciate your patience while we look into this! 

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

It happened again today right at 7:30 AM EST, if you need another example.  It seems to be pretty easy to replicate on the AW.  Seems to just be treating my account like it is a free subscription vs. Pandora Plus.  

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Thanks for the follow up. I've reported this additional information over to our engineering team so that they can investigate further. 

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

Here is a screen shot of the message from my AppleWatch.  I captured the message today, so you could see the full message.

IMG_3001.PNG

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Thanks for sharing that screenshot. I will share this screenshot. Thanks again for your patience during this time.

0 Kudos

DanR301
Local Performer

I am also experiencing this issue on my long runs using my cellular connected AW series 5. I am also a plus subscriber. Additionally, I've noticed if I switch stations, I am able to skip songs again.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @DanR301. 👋

Thanks so much for reporting your experience. I'm sorry that you're running into this error message as well.

An internal ticket has been opened with our engineering team for this issue. I've shared your info on that ticket so they can investigate further.

That being said, if you have any other notable details that you'd like for me to share about what you're experiencing.

Thanks again for taking the time to let us know! 🎧

0 Kudos

DanR301
Local Performer

@AlyssaPandora ,

Went for a run last night and this happened again. I have another ticket up about another issue I'm having on the stand alone watch app and they have turned on logging on my account so not sure if that will help you all too.

While running last night, I hit a skip limit on one of my stations. I then changed to another station and was able to skip on that station again. I switched back to the original station and I was still blocked. I ultimately hit the limit on two different stations and had to go to a third. All of this happening while I'm a Pandora Plus subscriber. I do not hit a skip limit while playing from any other device including my Sonos system

.IMG_4693.PNG

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@DanR301 This info is very helpful. I've updated the ticket with the additional info from your last post.

Thanks again for your patience while engineering looks into this. 

0 Kudos

smc1107
Local Performer

I'm having this problem regularly - like during every run. Am a Pandora Plus subscriber and hitting skip limits while listening to Workout Radio.  
Also regularly having a hard time skipping a song without dropping the connection to Pandora altogether. 

0 Kudos

TannerPandora

Thanks for posting @smc1107! Sorry to hear you're experiencing this as well. 

I'd like to add your info to our ticket. Can you let me know the following info:

• Apple Watch model
  • WatchOS version
  • iPhone model
  • iOS version
  • Pandora version

Thank you!

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

any update on this one @TannerPandora @AlyssaPandora ?

I'm still having the problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos

RoyalFlush67
Opening Act

Bump - this has been going on for  over 2 months.   Any ETA on when a fix will be available?   

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@RoyalFlush67 Thanks so much for your post.I'm sorry for the continued trouble you've experienced. 

Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA of when this will be fixed. However, I can assure you that all of the information on this thread has been reported over to our engineering team. They are aware of this issue. 

0 Kudos