cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting Playlists by Recently Added

BrittBhat
Underground

Hello, I can't for the life of me figure this out and it's driving me crazy! On the Pandora iPhone app, I want to sort the Thumbs Up (or any playlist really) so that the MOST RECENT song I thumbed up plays first and is right at the top. It used to be sorted this way automatically but recently I've noticed that the latest songs I've thumbed up are all the way at the bottom of my 500 song Thumbs Up playlist...I actually thought the app was messed up at first and wasn't adding the songs at all, since it used to sort the opposite way. I pay for a subscription - and really hope this is a quick fix. Thanks for any help!

Moderator Edit: Changed title for clarity

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BrittBhat I completely understand where you're coming from.

Any song that comes on a station will be eligible for a Thumb rating, this a feature of stations only. If you're listening to an album, song, or playlist, there won't be a Thumb rating offered. 

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listener's choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself.

++

In the meantime, it looks like someone recently created a feature request similar to what you'd like to see for sorting your stations. Feel free to comment on this particular idea if you'd like to see it implemented. 

I've also noted your feedback about this and will be sure to share it with our product team. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies

TannerPandora

Hi @BrittBhat thanks for posting to community! Sorry for the trouble with this. 

I was trying to reproduce this on my iPhone and wasn't able to. I'd like to investigate further into this. 

Could you do me a favor and please take a screenshots of your My Thumbs Up Playlist, specifically the very top. Let me know if you need help with that. 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. 

Tanner | Community Moderator

> Follow us on Twitter
@PandoraSupport

0 Kudos

BrittBhat
Underground

Thanks for the reply! Here are the screenshots of both the top and bottom...I had manually started dragging songs from the bottom to the top since it was driving me crazy!

EE82ED14-086B-426D-9C24-2A8A8CA99344.jpeg

9BB2B268-F15D-4D64-B039-D2F18DAA5E73.jpeg

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know, @BrittBhat.

Could you tell me a bit more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone 5c, iPod 6th gen, iPad Air2, etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Let me know.

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

BrittBhat
Underground

Hi there - 

iphone XS

Verizon (AT&T wifi)

Pandora Version 2002.2

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for that helpful info, @BrittBhat.

I would recommend trying out these steps to see if it helps.

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps in case we need to report this over to our engineering team.

Let me know how it goes. 

0 Kudos

BrittBhat
Underground

Thanks! I did follow the steps at the link (turn off device and then uninstall/reinstall Pandora). I tested it out and the problem seems to be when I manually add a song to my Thumbs Up playlist. I added 2 songs from my “The Drop” playlist just now...one by clicking the Thumbs Up symbol, and the other by clicking the 3 dots and then manually adding to my Thumbs Up playlist.

A lot of songs I come across don’t have the automatic Thumbs Up button on them so I have to manually add them (for ex. Volcano by Frigga as a recent example) so it would be great if the engineers can fix this so I don’t need to manually drag my manually entered songs all the way up to the top of my playlist (up last like 700+ songs...very time consuming).

Further testing it, it seems as if any song I add to any playlist via the 3 dots method put the song at the bottom with no way to sort my newest first. I would think others would like the option to listen to the newest added songs first bs their old ones on any playlist, be it a playlist they created themselves or Thumbs Up playlist.

Let me know if they can try to fix this and thanks for your help.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BrittBhat I completely understand where you're coming from.

Any song that comes on a station will be eligible for a Thumb rating, this a feature of stations only. If you're listening to an album, song, or playlist, there won't be a Thumb rating offered. 

Stations on Pandora Premium are guided by thumb feedback or added seeds, like Pandora and Pandora Plus stations. While listening to a station you can thumb up or down songs from the Now Playing screen to help us learn what to play next.

Playlists, on the other hand, are guided by listener's choice. This means you can add only the songs you want to hear, and sequence the playlist yourself.

++

In the meantime, it looks like someone recently created a feature request similar to what you'd like to see for sorting your stations. Feel free to comment on this particular idea if you'd like to see it implemented. 

I've also noted your feedback about this and will be sure to share it with our product team. 🎧

0 Kudos