cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iOS 16: Songs Skip

Epebyc
Local Performer

So after iOS 16 I had this issue where I go to turn my phone off it skips the song and I never had this issue before and it’s really annoying and I tried reinstalling and everything and nothing works I just don’t want it to skip when I turn my phone off and keep going back to the song and keep my phone on to listen to it 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YoStarBoi I've moved your post to an existing thread under iOS 16: Songs Skip

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

27 Replies

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, @Epebyc. 👋

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your songs skipping.

It sounds like you've already run through the standard steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Are you turning your device completely off, as in rebooting it?

Or, are you exiting the Pandora app?

++

Could you tell me more about your device?

• Device & Generation: (e.g. iPhone X, iPad Air (3rd gen), etc.)
  • Carrier:
  • iOS version: iOS 16
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)
  • Are you connected to Wi-Fi or cellular data when this is happening?
  • Have you noticed any error messages? If so, what exactly does it say?

Let me know. 🎧

Alyssa | Community Manager
Let's talk music in Community Chat
Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
Check out this month's newsletter: The Listener Lounge: March 2024
0 Kudos

Lucasspence
Local Performer

App skips through songs online and off line mode after update. 🤬

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora
Pandora Moderator - Emeritus

Hi @Lucasspence 

I've moved your post to an existing thread under iOS 16: Songs Skip

I’ve enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what’s happening. For this trace to be useful, we’ll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps.

First, I recommend rebooting the device by shutting it down entirely, then turning it back on and trying Pandora again.

If you're still having issues, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app (not to worry, we'll keep track of your profile and collection for you).* To do that:

1. Hold down the Pandora icon on your Home screen until all the icons start "shaking."
  2. Then tap - in the upper left of the Pandora icon, and confirm that you want to Delete app.
  3. Then re-install Pandora via the App Store on your device.

*Please note: Pandora Premium and Premium Family listeners may need to re-download some of their offline content after reinstalling the app. Pandora Plus users, however, should receive that offline content again automatically. If you have any trouble with your offline stations after reinstalling, please let us know.

++

If the issue continues after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)
  • Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Hope this helps. 🎧

Gerald | Community Moderator
Follow us on Twitter @ PandoraSupport
0 Kudos

Lightningf8
Local Performer

I unfortunately have this same issue after updating pandora app on iOS. You search pandora for your song only for your phone to auto lock within its time limit and switch songs immediately. I’ve looked at previous answers and their settings but nothing solves this issue 

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Lightningf8 Could you tell me a bit more about what is happening?

To clarify, how quickly does your phone auto-lock while you are searching for a song?

Also, are you only experiencing this issue with Pandora?

Have you tried streaming other apps such as YouTube?

If not, please try launching the YouTube app and let me know if you experience similar issues there as well.

Thanks for your patience.

0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

I have the same problem. I am on an iPhone 10 and this only happened after the iOS 16 update. Basically I will go in and start a playlist (I pay for premium too so this makes it more annoying) and I’ll start a song I want to listen to and then I’ll just hit the power button once to turn off my phone (not a full shutdown just turning off to the Lock Screen) and the pandora will randomly either skip 2 songs forward or sometimes 8+ songs forward down the playlist to another random song that I didn’t click on. It’s very annoying and I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and turning my phone all the way off and back on and nothing works. This happens whether it’s on Bluetooth or just speakers or even Apple CarPlay sometimes.

Oh yea I’ll attach a video too if I can but also it still happens if you let your phone just sit and turn off too

mod edit: merged comments
0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

Here is a video of the problem, you can see that occasionally after you turn it back on and start the song again there is no problem, but that's pretty rare.

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey, @Dreamin. 👋

Thanks so much for those details, and for the video. This is very helpful and I will be sharing with our engineering team.

Could you share which Pandora version you're on?

Pandora version: (Pandora > Profile tab > Settings gear & scroll to the bottom of the screen)

Appreciate your help with this. 👍

Share yours here: Q: What's your favorite anthem by a female artist that inspires you?
0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

Hi, I am currently on version 2210.1 of Pandora.

0 Kudos

AlyssaPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi, @Dreamin. 👋

Thanks again for these helpful details. I've shared this with our engineering team on an internal ticket.

We appreciate your patience during this process. 🎧

0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

@AlyssaPandora Of course, happy to help! Hopefully, the team can get the issue fixed! Thanks for the quick responses!

Xanderman
Local Performer

I am having the same issues, is there any updates 

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Thanks for posting and being a part of the Community @Xanderman!

I have enabled a trace to your account so that we can take a closer look at why you're experiencing skipping issues. To help this trace out, can you please run through our iOS Troubleshooting Steps?

If the issue continues after running through the troubleshooting steps, could you tell me more about your device?

• Carrier:
  • iOS version: (Settings > General > About > Version)

Hope this helps and let us know!

0 Kudos

Dreamin
Underground

@Xanderman I would think something like this, including the fact that it's an internal ticket, would take a little while to sort through and find the issue.

0 Kudos

YoStarBoi
Local Performer

IOS Skips Songs When I Shut My iPhone Off

Every time I turn off my phone it always skips the song and I have to keep turning it on and go back into the app and put the same song. This process is usually repeated 3-4 times. I tried restarting and it still doesn’t work. If I delete the app it deletes all my downloads! What do I do?

0 Kudos

AdamPandora
Community Manager
Community Manager

@YoStarBoi I've moved your post to an existing thread under iOS 16: Songs Skip

I've enabled a trace on your account to help us better understand what's happening.

For this trace to be useful, we'll need you to run through our troubleshooting steps here: iOS Troubleshooting

Let me know how it goes.

Dreamin
Underground

@YoStarBoi It seems to be a common issue, if you read back on the thread they transferred you into you can see that they are running an internal ticket to try and see what the issue is. @AlyssaPandora i have noticed that after updating it to iOS 16.1 the issue seems less common, but now it does have trouble where it’ll merge songs, so instead of just skipping to the next song it’ll play both of them at the same time. This is less common and more easily fixed by just clicking back on the song you want, but I still occasionally have the skipping.

0 Kudos

GeraldPandora

Hi @Dreamin 👋

Thanks for that information and sorry to hear you're experiencing a new issue!

We have a thread under iOS: 2 Songs Playing Simultaneously, please check out that conversation for more details.

However, I've enabled a trace on your account and added your information to the internal ticket we have open for this issue.

If you haven't already, I suggest performing our iOS Troubleshooting Steps to see if this will help with the two songs playing simultaneously and the skipping issue.

Thanks for working with us; we appreciate your patience while we work on this! 🤝

0 Kudos

YoStarBoi
Local Performer

It worked but, everything downloaded disappeared.

0 Kudos